Perched on a hillside and nestled high among the trees, perfectly positioned to maximize the spectacular mountain view, the Blue Ridge cabin rental Stepping Stone is the perfect retreat for those who want a vacation that combines the comforts of home, fun and adventure, and the magnificence of nature.
This beautiful tri-level log home is spacious, airy, and comfortably decorated in cozy style, with an open floor plan, bright accent colors that pop against the all-wood interior, animal-themed accents, and ceiling fans throughout. The inviting family room beckons you to sit back and relax in front of the wood burning fireplace, and the loft that overlooks it is another great place to chill, read or play games, since it’s stocked with cards, puzzles and board games for kids and adults.
Rustic and modern blends harmoniously in the kitchen, where you’ll find wood-look cabinetry, granite-look countertops, stainless steel appliances including an electric stove and oven and refrigerator with icemaker, a Crockpot, and a Keurig coffeemaker. The dining table seats four, but there’s more seating outside on the covered deck, where a Weber charcoal grill provides another cooking option. You can enjoy the sunset from a loveseat or rocker as the fireplace warms the night air.
The cabin sleeps six guests in three bedrooms: The upstairs master, with a king log bed, TV with DirecTV, private bath, and a breathtaking view, and two main level bedrooms with adjacent bath, both with queen beds and one with access to the screened-in deck. There’s a DVD-equipped TV in one of them. Both bathrooms feature tub/shower, granite look countertops, oil-rubbed bronze fixtures and plenty of storage space.
Other amenities include a fire pit with seating for four, washer/dryer, paved driveway, and Wifi for all your devices. But you’ll also want to unplug, get outside, and explore all that the Blue Ridge Mountains have to offer, from nature walks and hikes to tubing at Shallowford Bridge and taking a ride on the Blue Ridge Scenic Railway. It’s just nine miles to downtown Blue Ridge, where you can eat, shop, see a production at the Blue Ridge Community Theater or take in a flick at the Swan Drive-In. There are craft breweries for the beer lover, and for barbecue, the Pink Pig in Cherry Log, just a few minutes away, is the owners’ hot pick.
Blue Ridge Community Theater or take in a flick at the Swan Drive-In. There are craft breweries for the beer lover, and for barbecue, the Pink Pig in Cherry Log, just a few minutes away, is the owners’ hot pick.
They named the cabin Stepping Stone because for them, it represents “another step closer to the goals we’re working toward in life.” For you and your loved ones, it can be a step into a very special slice of paradise.Amenities
- Unlimited WiFi
- Cabin sleeps 6 (king, 2 queens)
- Outdoor - main level screened in deck, rocking chairs, high-top table for 2, charcoal grill (bring your charcoal); covered deck, wood burning fireplace, 2 rockers, wicker loveseat, rug; fire pit seats 4 at top of driveway
- Interior - all tongue and groove wood, ceiling fans
- Kitchen - fully equipped main level kitchen, stainless steel appliances, granite look countertops, wooden cabinets, kitchen utensils, microwave, Keurig, crockpot
- Dining Room - dining table seats 4
- Media - DirecTV, local telephone
- Family Room - leather sofa, rocker, fabric armchair, coffee table, end tables, lamp, stone wood burning fireplace, 40" flat screen TV, high top table seats 2, rug
- Loft - futon, coffee table, rug, desk and stool, card table, ceiling fan, board games, cards, chess and checkers, backgammon, puzzles, tic tac toe, pickup sticks
- Bedrooms - upper level master bedroom, heavy log king bed, night stands, lamps, rug, dresser, 32" flat screen TV; main level bedroom, wrought iron queen bed, night stand, lamp, rug, chair, deck access; second main level bedroom, queen bed, 19" flat screen with only DVD player, night stand, lamp
- Bathrooms - upper level master bath, tub/shower combo, granite look counter tops, single vanity; main level bath, tub/shower combo, granite look counter tops, single vanity; second main level bath, tub/shower combo, granite look counter tops, single vanity
- Child Amenities - games, puzzles
- Laundry - washer and dryer main level closet
- Central HVAC
- Driveway - paved driveway