Not every Georgia mountain cabin rental looks like the elegant homes in “Southern Living” magazine, but Ambleside is that kind of place, exquisitely appointed yet roomy enough to accommodate 16 guests in comfort and style. Add magnificent mountain and river views from every window and fun things to do right on the property and nearby, and you have the makings of a magical vacation.
Named for a village in England’s Lake District where one of the owners grew up, Ambleside rests on a hillside in a secure, gated community eight miles from downtown Blue Ridge, between the 7th and 8th holes of the top-rated Old Toccoa Farm golf course, overlooking the fairway and the Toccoa River below. Stop and listen, and you’ll hear the whoosh of golf balls and the whistle of the Blue Ridge Scenic Railway as it passes along the river. As a guest, you’ll have access to OTF golf course (at member rates), the Toccoa River, fly fishing, kayaking and several beautiful hiking trails.
The cabin’s impressive exterior embraces Appalachian architecture, mixing poplar bark, cedar, rusty tin and reclaimed materials, strategically situated to accentuate the long-range views of the Cohutta Wilderness and fabulous, fiery sunsets. Inside, the spacious, professionally decorated home features soaring ceilings, shiplap walls, exposed beams and barn doors, with unique touches like a farmhouse sink, crystal doorknobs and a claw foot tub in the master bath on the main level.
Each of Ambleside’s five comfortable bedrooms has a 30” flat screen TV and its own en suite bathroom with a walk-in shower. All 3 master bedrooms, each with a king bed, have deck or patio access, and the upstairs bedroom’s bath features a rain shower. The remaining two bedrooms are outfitted with a pair of queen beds, a pair of twin beds and bunk beds. There’s a queen sleeper sofa in the living room to accommodate your large family or extra guests.
In the kitchen, with its new stainless-steel appliances, granite countertops, and conveniences like an icemaker, coffeemaker, blender, you’ll find all you need to prepare everything from simple meals to feasts for a crowd. The dining table seats 10, and there’s room for 4-5 at the breakfast bar.
After a delicious dinner, you can unwind in the airy, spacious living room, with its stone gas fireplace, comfy sofa and love seat, and 55” flat screen TV (the cabin has eight TVs, all cable equipped), head down to the terrace level to the Hot Spring Spa hot-tub or Game Room to play ping-pong, foosball, board games or corn-hole. Enjoy the ultimate in outdoor living on the deck and covered porch, where there are plenty of places to sit, socialize and relax. There’s a gas grill, dining table, wood burning fireplace, 50” TV and a fire pit area, where you can make s’mores and gaze up at the night sky, glittering with stars.
Other amenities include Wifi, Sonos surround sound system, and washer/dryer. Still Ambleside’s greatest asset is its ambience: the peaceful, warm, and welcomed way you’ll feel while you arrive and will always remember, long after you leave.Amenities
- Unlimited WiFi
- Old Toccoa Farm Golf Privileges at Member Discounted Rates
- Cabin sleeps 16 (3 kings, 2 queens, 2 twin, 1 twin bunk bed, 1 sleeper sofa)
- Game Room - ping pong & foosball table, game table with stools, 65” flat screen TV, refrigerator, sectional sofa
- Entertainment - Hot Spring Spa hot tub, ping pong, board games, corn-hole
- Outdoor - main level covered deck, 50” flat screen TV, sectional sofa, 2 swivel chairs, outdoor dining table seats 10, stone wood burning fireplace, gas grill, ceiling fans; main level deck, 6 Adirondack chairs; upstairs balcony, 2 chairs; lower covered patio, hot tub seats 6; fire pit seats 10
- Interior - shiplap wood accent walls, beams, unique finishes, ceiling fans
- Kitchen - fully equipped main level kitchen, stainless steel appliances, custom cabinets, granite countertops, farmhouse sink, kitchen bar seats 5, kitchen utensils, microwave, toaster, blender, coffee maker
- Dining Room - table seats 10 Media - cable, local telephone
- Family Room - queen sleeper sofa and loveseat, stone gas fireplace, 55” flat screen TV Blu-ray player, Sonos sound system, coffee table, end tables
- Bedrooms - main level master, king, 30” flat screen TV, night stand, lamp, dresser, ceiling fan, access to deck; upstairs master, king, 30” flat screen TV, dresser, night stands, lamps, ceiling fan, access to private balcony; second upstairs bedroom, 2 queens, 30” flat screen TV, night stand, lamp, ceiling fan; third upstairs bunk room, 2 twins, twin bunk bed, 30” flat screen TV, dresser, night stand, lamp, ceiling fan; lower terrace level bedroom, king, 32” flat screen TV, French doors to patio overlooking fire pit and mountain views
- Bathrooms - main level master bath: soaking claw foot tub, walk-in shower, stone tops, double sinks; upstairs bath: walk-in shower, double sinks; second upstairs bath: walk-in shower; third upstairs bath: walk-in shower; main level: half bath; terrace level full bath, shower
- Laundry/Mudroom - washer and dryer main level, sink, drying rack
- Multi-zoned HVAC
- Driveway - gravel driveway, level parking pad