You have a lot of choices in deciding where to spend your Georgia mountain vacation, but if you want breathtaking views, the ultimate in relaxation and comfort, peace and quiet, and proximity to all the activities you love, look no further than Aska Easy Day. Set high on a hillside overlooking Lake Blue Ridge with panoramic long-range mountain vistas for a backdrop, this magnificent cabin is perfectly situated for vacation fun with family and friends. It’s just two miles to the Aska Adventure Area, with its hiking and horseback riding trails, boating, kayaking, tubing, and fishing, and the shopping, bars and restaurants of downtown Blue Ridge are six miles away.
Beautifully constructed from local materials in modern mountain design and furnished to define the airy open spaces, the cabin features Brazilian hardwood floors, crown moldings, stained pine that adds depth and texture to the walls and ceilings. Two stacked stone gas fireplaces, soaring vaulted ceilings, and walls of enormous windows bring the drama and showcase the magnificent picture-postcard view from sunrise to sunset. There’s plenty of space to relax and unwind in: both of the two main living areas feature sumptuous leather couches and 50” smart TVs with Roku and Hulu. Downstairs, you’ll find a poker table, puzzles, games, cards, a wet bar made from two Jack Daniel’s barrels, and access to the lower deck.
But why stay inside when there’s so much to do outdoors? You can fire up the grill for a barbecue feast, test your skill at cornhole, soak in the hot tub, make s’mores at the fire pit, or soak in the Jacuzzi as you take in the lake and mountain view--and warm up afterward by the wood-burning fireplace. There’s plenty of seating on the decks and a play area for kids and canines—you can bring up to two well-behaved dogs with you.
The cabin’s spacious kitchen is state of the art, with custom cabinetry and tile, granite countertops, new stainless-steel appliances, a five-burner gas stove/oven, a farm sink, icemaker, crockpot, and drip coffeemaker. The dining table seats eight, plus two at the breakfast bar.
Each of the four bedrooms is a cozy oasis, a combination of rich woods and soothing neutrals that allows you rest and wake refreshed. The main level master bedroom has a king bed and private bath with a copper soaking tub, double vanity and walk-in shower. Upstairs, one bedroom has a queen bed and a great view of the lake, and the other has a pair of twin beds, perfect for kids. Both rooms share a bathroom with a walk-in shower. The downstairs bedroom has a king bed and private bath with walk-in shower. There’s a half bath and washer/dryer on the main floor.
Playing on the Navy SEALS motto, “The only easy day was yesterday,” the cabin’s ex-SEAL owner named it Aska Easy Day because ‘being there is an easy day every day.” If you spend time there, you’ll find out how true that is. Amenities
- Unlimited WiFi
- Cabin sleeps 8 (2 kings, queen, 2 twins)
- Game Room - poker table with 4 chairs, cards with poker chips, wet bar with mini frig, 2 high top chairs, 50” smart flat screen Roku TV, stacked stone gas fireplace, leather sectional sofa and ottoman, rug, 2 chairs and side table, lamp, ceiling fan, puzzles, board games, deck access to corn hole
- Outdoor - covered side deck, stone wood burning fireplace, sofa, 2 chairs, coffee table, ceiling fan; main level deck, gas grill, hot tub seats 6, two Adirondack chairs, side table; lower deck; fire pit with seating for 6
- Interior - natural wood, warm drywall finishes, ceiling fans
- Kitchen - fully equipped main level kitchen, stainless steel appliances, custom cabinets, granite countertops, breakfast bar seats 2, kitchen utensils, microwave, crockpot, coffeemaker
- Dining Room - dining table seats 8; kitchen bar seats 2
- Media - Streaming Roku, Hulu, live TV, local telephone
- Family Room - leather couch and loveseat, chair, 50” smart flat screen Roku TV, side table, coffee table, stacked stone gas fireplace, lamp, rug, ceiling fan
- Bedrooms - main level master bedroom, king bed, dresser, night stands, lamps, chairs, rug, ceiling fan; upstairs bedroom, queen bed, dresser, night stands, lamp, rug, ceiling fan; second upstairs bedroom, two twin beds, dresser, night stand, lamp, ceiling fan; downstairs bedroom, king bed, night stands, lamps leather loveseat, rug, ceiling fan
- Bathrooms - main level master bath, walk-in shower, copper soaking tub, granite top double copper sink vanity; main level half bath; upstairs bath, walk-in shower, granite top copper sink vanity; downstairs bath, walk-in shower, granite top vanity
- Pet friendly - up to 2 well behaved dogs with prior management approval
- Laundry - washer and dryer in main floor
- Central HVAC
- Driveway - paved roads to cabin, gravel driveway