When it comes to renting a cabin in the mountains, a great view is on the top of most vacationers’ lists. And the view that you get at Banley Ridge is one of the most breathtaking you’ll ever see. But there’s more to this magnificent two-acre property than its spectacular setting and all the other amenities you’ve come to expect. Open its doors and you’ll discover that this cabin is all about family, from its name—a combination of Banner and Neeley, the owners’ kids’ names—to the unique heirlooms and collected treasures on display.
This spacious yet cozy home is professionally decorated in an eclectic style that mixes contemporary and industrial pieces with antiques that have meaning to the family. A large Evinrude marine motor sign honors memories of fishing trips with grandpa; and grandma, a fabric shop owner, made many wedding dresses on the antique sewing machine you’ll see in the master bedroom. There are antique shoe molds from another grandma’s shoe factory job, and artwork including peanuts and cotton, representing the family’s history in farming. A working antique ice cream churn sits above the kitchen cabinets, and there’s memorabilia from Mercer University, which the owners attended.
The open plan main floor living area is spacious and comfortable, with a stone gas fireplace and HD Smart TV above it, one of six in the cabin. Streaming services and wireless internet are available for your viewing pleasure and connection needs.
The adjacent kitchen is state-of-the art, with granite countertops, white pine cabinets, stainless steel appliances including a gas stove/oven, double size refrigerator with icemaker, dishwasher and microwave, a crockpot and a Keurig coffeemaker. The kitchen island seats three, and the dining table—a lamp from a decommissioned cargo ship above it—seats four.
Downstairs, you’ll find another stone gas fireplace, Smart TV, black top pool table, and board games and two lounging chairs that pull out into twin beds. Step outside onto the wraparound decks and you’ll find a stacked stone wood-burning fireplace, 70” outdoor TV, a gas grill, custom patio furniture, and a wine barrel serving as a table. You can settle into a rocking chair or the seven-seat hot tub and relax while taking in the amazing sunrises and sunsets.
The three bedrooms are cozy and welcoming, each with a king bed and 42” Smart TV. The main floor master has deck access and a private bath with double vanity and walk-in shower. There are two bedrooms on the lower level that share a bathroom with tub and shower, and a guest bath with a washer/dryer on the main level.
Banley Ridge is located in Epworth in the heart of the Cohutta Mountains, a 25-minute drive from both downtown Blue Ridge and McCaysville, and close to popular destinations like Mercier Orchards and activities like hiking, fishing, boating and skeet shooting. A tankless water heater keeps the water hot, ceiling fans throughout keep you cool, and the memories you’ll make there will last a lifetime.Amenities
- Unlimited WiFi
- Cabin sleeps 8 (3 kings, 2 pullout twins)
- Game Room - pool table, board games, 70” Smart TV, 2 chairs that fold out into twins, side table, cabinets, ceiling fan, rug
- Outdoor - covered front porch; main level covered deck, patio sofa and rocking chairs seats 6, stacked stone wood burning fireplace, 55” Smart TV, coffee table, side table; main level covered side deck, gas grill, rockers, lounge chair, whiskey barrels; lower patio, hot tub seats 7, benches
- Interior - natural wood, ceiling fans
- Kitchen - fully equipped main level kitchen, stainless steel appliances, oven, custom cabinets, granite counter tops, breakfast bar seats 3, kitchen utensils, microwave, crockpot, blender, toaster, coffeemaker, Keurig
- Dining Room - dining table seats 4, breakfast bar seats 3
- Media - Smart TV streaming entertainment (sign-in to your subscription channels), local telephone
- Family Room - sectional sofa, lounging chair, stone gas fireplace, 70” Smart TV, coffee table, lamp
- Bedrooms - main level master bedroom, king bed, 42” Smart TV, night stand, stool, ceiling fan, deck access; downstairs bedroom, king bed, 42” Smart TV, night stands, rug, ceiling fan; second downstairs bedroom, king bed, 42” Smart TV, dresser, night stands, lamp, ceiling fan
- Bathrooms - main level master bath, walk-in shower, granite top double vanity; second main level half bath, granite top vanity; downstairs bath, tub/shower combo, granite top double vanity; tankless water heater
- Laundry - washer and dryer on main level
- Central HVAC
- Drive to Cabin - paved roads to cabin, gravel driveway