Surrounded by natural beauty with an awe-inspiring view, the North Georgia mountain cabin rental Candlestick Cottage is a peaceful retreat with all the sights, sounds and smells of nature--like a rustic treehouse with all the modern amenities you crave.
Perched on a hillside in Epworth, two miles from the Cohutta Wilderness Area and an 11-mile drive to the shops and restaurants of downtown Blue Ridge, the tri-level, log-sided and barn wood cabin tastefully mixes traditional and rustic décor, and features unique touches that will delight fans of everything Disney, especially “Beauty and the Beast.”
A curio cabinet in the dining room displays several objects relating to the movie and its characters, including the enchanted rose, magic mirror, clock, pitcher and cup, and the candelabra that inspired the cabin’s name. Like Lumière singing “Be Our Guest,” Candlestick Cottage welcomes you to relax, be inspired, and find joy in everything that surrounds you.
The main living area is a showstopper, with a vaulted ceiling and enormous windows that maximize the incredible view. Put a log on the wood burning fireplace and settle into the comfortable leather couch (with two reclining sections) to watch the 50” TV, one of four flat screens in the cabin, all with DISH network.
The adjacent kitchen is spacious and fully stocked, with custom cabinets, granite counters, stainless appliances, gas stove and oven, icemaker, crockpot, and Keurig coffeemaker. There’s room for four at the breakfast bar, and the dining table seats six, but can accommodate eight with extra chairs. Prefer to dine alfresco? No problem: there’s a gas grill on the main level deck along with a wood burning fireplace and comfy seating. Your rental gives also you access to the neighborhood’s picnic area, furnished with a grill, tables, a gazebo, a stocked fishing pond, and many nearby hiking trails.
After dinner, you can soak your cares away in the six-person hot tub or head to the game room to play pool, board games, watch movies or play games on the DVD and Xbox equipped 50” TV. When it’s time to turn in, the cabin’s three inviting bedrooms ensure a restful night’s sleep. The upstairs master bedroom features a king sleigh bed, elegant bedding, a 50” flat screen TV, open loft, and private bath with custom wood vanity and double sinks, and large walk-in tiled shower. The main floor bedroom, with a king bed and 32” TV, has a separate bath with a custom wood vanity, copper sink, and walk-in tiled shower. There are two twin beds in the downstairs bedroom, and its adjacent bath has custom vanity and a shower/tub combo. A pull out queen bed in the game room brings the accommodations to eight.
Other amenities include Wifi, lighted ceiling fans in every room, a washer/dryer in the main floor bathroom, and paved/gravel driveway. But the best thing about this private, tranquil wooded oasis is the way you’ll feel from the minute you arrive till the moment you leave, taking awesome memories with you that will last a lifetime.Amenities
- Unlimited WiFi
- Cabin sleeps 8 (2 kings, 2 twins, queen sleeper sofa)
- Game Room - pool table, stacked stone gas fireplace, 50” flat screen TV, Xbox, DVDs, board games, queen sleeper sofa, recliner, end table
- Outdoor - main level wrap around deck, charcoal grill (bring your charcoal); covered deck, stacked stone wood burning fireplace, 2 chairs and ottomans, sofa; lower deck, hot tub seats 6; neighborhood has stocked pond with gazebo, picnic tables, grill and hiking trail
- Interior - board and batten gables, barn wood interior, ceiling fans
- Kitchen - fully equipped main level kitchen, stainless steel appliances, custom cabinets, granite countertops, kitchen bar seats 4, kitchen utensils, microwave, crockpot, Keurig
- Dining Room - table seats 6
- Media - Dish, local telephone
- Family Room - leather sectional sofa with left and right side recliners, stacked stone wood burning fireplace, 50” flat screen TV, coffee table, end tables, rug
- Loft - off upstairs master, recliner, lamp
- Bedrooms - upstairs master, king bed, 50” flat screen TV, ceiling fan; main level bedroom king bed, 32” flat screen TV, night stand, ceiling fan; downstairs bedroom, 2 twins, ceiling fan
- Bathrooms - upstairs master bath, large walk-in shower, custom wood vanity, double vessel sinks; main level bath, walk-in shower, custom wood vanity, copper sink; downstairs bath, tub/shower combo, custom vanity, vessel sink
- Laundry - washer and dryer main level bathroom
- Central HVAC
- Driveway - paved/gravel driveway