Secluded amid tall trees in a private, gated mountaintop community on a beautifully landscaped property just 15 minutes from downtown Blue Ridge, Cardinal’s Cradle isn’t your average cabin. In fact, to call it a cabin doesn’t do it justice. A magnificent mountain home that’s luxurious and elegant but retains rustic charm, it’s a private oasis where you can stop the clock on ‘real life’ and relax, unwind and commune with nature as you take in the incredible long-range mountain vistas that surround it.
Deer, turkeys, foxes and bears are frequent visitors, thanks to two feeder bins on the grounds, and so are the birds that give the place its name. The owner’s father loved cardinals, and his memory lingers to this day as visitors continue to spot flashes of red flying between the trees.
Cardinals also figure prominently in the modern-meets-rustic, professionally decorated decor. Constructed of cedar wood inside and out, the home’s warm and soothing color palette, comfy sofas and three wood-burning stone fireplaces keep you cozy while you gather with family and friends to watch the latest movies or sports on television—there are seven in all, including 55” Smart TVs in the main living area, the game room and the top deck, each mounted above a fireplace and equipped with DISH Network. The game room, which opens onto the lower deck, also has a regulation pool table, a wood slab wet bar with wine cooler, and a beer barrel table for cards and games. Out on the lower deck, you can soak in the hot tub.
When hunger strikes, the spacious, well-appointed kitchen has everything you need to prepare meals and snacks in style. It features cedar cabinetry, granite countertops with a leathered finish, top of the line appliances including gas stove/oven, microwave, and refrigerator with icemaker, a crockpot and drip coffeemaker. The dining table seats eight, plus three at the wraparound island. Or fire up the Green Egg or gas grill on the top deck for an outdoor feast. You’ll find plenty of wicker furniture, rockers, Adirondack chairs to settle into as you take in the view and play favorite tunes on the stereo system.
Cardinal’s Cradle’s four bedrooms each have rock-lined walk-in showers, TVs, large closets, and private bathrooms with custom wood-carved vanities. The main level master suite has a king bed, deck access, a 40” TV, and bath with double sinks and separate soaking tub. The main level guest room also has a king bed with a full bath, and there’s an additional half bath on the main level. Downstairs there is a bedroom with a king bed and full bath. The fourth bedroom on the lower level has queen bunk beds, perfect for kids. It has deck access and a full bath as well.
You’ll also find a washer/dryer on the lower level, wireless internet, and ceiling fans in every room. And getting there is a breeze: it’s on an easily accessible fully-paved road, with paved driveway and two-car garage. But the property’s best attribute is the peaceful, welcoming atmosphere that will relax, refresh and regenerate you, a blissful feeling that will remain a vivid memory long after you leave.Amenities
- Unlimited WiFi
- Cabin sleeps 10 (3 kings, queen bunk beds)
- Game Room - regulation billiards table, wet bar with 4 high back stools and wine cooler, stone wood burning fireplace, barrel game table with stools, 55” Smart TV, ceiling fan
- Outdoor - covered front porch, bench; main level covered deck, gas grill, built-in green egg (Bring Big Green Egg 100% Natural Lump Charcoal), wicker sectional sofa, coffee table, stacked stone wood burning fireplace, 55” Smart TV, stereo system, Adirondack chairs with ottomans, side tables; lower deck, hot tub seats 4, 4 picnic table seats 8, wicker sofa and chair with ottoman, coffee table, side tables
- Interior - natural cedar, ceiling fans
- Kitchen - fully equipped main level kitchen, black appliances, double oven, custom cedar cabinets, granite counter tops, breakfast bar seats 3, kitchen utensils, microwave, crockpot, toaster, coffeemaker
- Dining Room - dining table seats 8, breakfast bar seats 3
- Media - DISH Network, local telephone
- Family Room - leather and fabric sofa and chair, stone wood burning fireplace, 55” Smart TV, 2 chairs, side table, coffee table, lamps, ceiling fan
- Bedrooms - main level master bedroom, king bed, 40” flat screen TV, night stands, lamps, rocker, ceiling fan, deck access; second main level bedroom, queen bed, 32” flat screen TV, dresser, night stand, lamp, ceiling fan; downstairs bedroom, queen bunk beds, 32” flat screen TV, dresser, night stands, lamps, chair, chest, ceiling fan, deck access; second downstairs bedroom, king bed, 40” flat screen TV, dresser, night stands, lamps, chair, ceiling fan
- Bathrooms - main level master bath, soaking tub, walk-in rock shower, granite top double vanity; second main level bath, walk-in rock shower, granite top vanity; main level half bath; downstairs bath, walk-in rock shower, granite double top vanity; second downstairs bath, walk-in rock shower, granite top vanity
- Laundry - washer and dryer downstairs
- Central HVAC
- Drive to Cabin - paved roads to cabin, 2 car garage, paved driveway