What do you want most in a Georgia mountain vacation? Is it a secluded, private place surrounded by nature’s beauty, a warm and inviting sanctuary where you can forget about the stresses of daily life and enjoy special times with family and friends? Knotty Nest is that, and so much more.
Located in a gated community just 10 miles north of Blue Ridge, the hillside cabin is surrounded by tall trees that part to reveal magnificent long-range mountain views. Homey, rustic, but with all the modern conveniences you expect, it’s a place where you can relax, unwind and disconnect from the world. You can fish in the community pond as part of the cabin rental, take nature walks to the suspension bridge and nearby waterfalls, rent a boat at Lake Blue Ridge, or head into town to explore its many quaint shops and excellent restaurants.
Constructed of pine with tongue-and-groove walls, beautifully stained dark wood floors and lofty cathedral ceilings, the home features an open-plan living space with comfy furniture, a remote-controlled gas-burning fireplace, a 60” TV (with DVD and DISH Network) and lots of cozy throw blankets. The adjacent kitchen has rustic wood cabinets, granite countertops, stainless steel appliances including electric stove/oven, dishwasher, refrigerator with icemaker and ice trays, a drip coffeemaker and an Amish-made dining table with seating for 8.
One level below, the game room was designed with children in mind. With a 5-foot jumbo Jenga, Xbox, classic arcade machine with over 50 games, a pool table, board games, a 55” TV, Bose bluetooth speaker, and a gas remote-controlled fireplace, there’s plenty to keep kids—and adults—entertained.
But there’s more fun to be had by just stepping outside. You can gather around the fire pit to roast marshmallows, fire up the gas grill to whip up a barbecue feast, enjoy the warmth of the wood-burning fireplace, or settle into an Adirondack chair or rocker to take in the awesome view from the deck.
You’ll have that view from the three bedrooms as well, as they open onto the decks. Each one has a custom-designed hand-carved king bed and bears the names of an animal represented there. For example, the Deer Room’s headboard has antlers integrated into it, plus a 55” TV and, like the other two bedrooms, a private bath with tub and shower. The on-demand water system ensures that your hot water will stay hot. There’s also a queen sleeper sofa in the game room, bringing the sleeping accommodations to eight.
Knotty Nest’s other amenities include wireless internet, a washer/dryer, and easy access on paved and gravel roads. But its attributes are more about the memories you’ll make when you’re there. Its owners think of it as their nest, and they hope that you will spend time there and think of it the same way.Amenities
- Unlimited WiFi
- Cabin sleeps 8 (3 kings, queen sleeper sofa)
- Game Room - billiards table, classic arcade machine with 50 games, 5’ jumbo Jenga, board games, 55” flat screen TV, Xbox, Bose bluetooth speaker, stone gas fireplace, bar with 2 stools, queen sleeper sofa, side tables, bean bag, ceiling fan
- Outdoor - front porch, bench; main level deck, stone wood burning fireplace, 2 glider chairs, 4 tall Adirondack chairs with 2 side tables, Adirondack bench with table, ceiling fan, gas grill; lower patio, 2 Adirondack chairs; fire pit, 2 long log benches; small community pond with fishing dock
- Interior - tongue and groove wood, ceiling fans
- Kitchen - fully equipped main level kitchen, stainless steel appliances, custom cabinets, granite countertops, kitchen utensils, microwave, toaster, blender, coffeemaker, and nearby main level pantry
- Dining Room - dining table seats 8
- Media - Dish Network, local telephone
- Family Room - sofa, recliner, stone gas fireplace, 60” flat screen TV with DVD player, Bose bluetooth speaker, coffee table, end tables, lamps, rug, ceiling fan
- Bedrooms - main level bedroom, king bed, 55” flat screen TV, dresser, night stands, lamps, ceiling fan, deck access; second main level bedroom, king bed, dresser, night stands, lamps, bench, ceiling fan, deck access; downstairs bedroom, king bed, dresser, night stands, lamps, ceiling fan, patio access
- Bathrooms - main level ensuite bath, tub/shower combo, double vanity; second main level ensuite bath, tub/shower combo, vanity; downstairs bath, tub/shower combo, vanity; on demand hot water system
- Laundry - washer and dryer main level closet
- Drive to Cabin - gravel and paved roads to cabin, gravel driveway