If you’re like most people, the first thing you look for in a cabin is a great view, and Lazy Bear Overlook has a spectacular one. High on a hillside, surrounded by tall trees, this beautiful tri-level home has majestic long-range mountain vistas in a peaceful, private setting. But what makes it special aside from the visuals is its ideal location, centrally located between Blue Ridge (just ten miles away) and the towns of McCaysville, Ellijay, and Cherry Log, and all the activities the area has to offer.
You can fish at Fightingtown Creek, go ziplining at Blue Ridge Adventure Park, visit Amicalola Falls, take a ride on the Blue Ridge Scenic Railway, go riding at Cowgirl Up stables, or sample fruits of the vine at Bear Claw vineyards, which offers live music on weekends. There’s also rock climbing, boating and whitewater rafting nearby, and it’s walking distance to the Benton MacKaye hiking trail.
But you don’t have to leave the premises to have a lot of fun. The cabin has a game room with a wet bar, multi-function game table, board games, puzzles, and two giant TVs equipped with Dish Network. Step outside to test your skill at horseshoes or cornhole, make s’mores by the fire pit, or soak in the hot tub as you take in the view. Fire up the gas grill and feast on the deck, where there’s a picnic table, rockers and a swing chair for two.
Inside, Lazy Bear Overlook is cozy and warm, with a wood-burning fireplace and featuring rich pine wood and rustic decor, with lots of locally carved furniture and hand-crafted items including custom log beds. Not surprisingly, there’s a bear theme that runs throughout (the “Lazy” part of its name is in honor of the owners’ lazy English Mastiff).
Each level has its own bedroom and bathroom, with deck access for each. The upstairs bedroom is in an open loft with a full-size bed, desk and chair, private balcony and private bath with walk-in shower. The main level bedroom has a queen bed and separate bath with tub/shower and a washer/dryer, and the downstairs bedroom has a queen bed and tub/shower in the adjacent bathroom.
The kitchen is spacious and fully stocked with an electric stove/oven, dishwasher, refrigerator, microwave, ice trays, coffeemaker, and all the cooking equipment and serving and dining implements you need for a family dinner, midnight snack, or entertaining a crowd. The dining table seats 8.
The cabin also features wireless internet, ceiling fans throughout, and a paved driveway. It’s pet friendly, so you can bring up to two dogs with you to enjoy your mountain vacation in this mountain paradise. Amenities
- Unlimited WiFi
- Cabin sleeps 8 (2 queens, full, futon)
- Game Room - multifunction game table, wet bar with mini frig, coffee maker and microwave, game table seats four, 42” flat screen TV, puzzles, board games, queen sleeper sofa, coffee table, rug, ceiling fan
- Outdoor - wraparound deck; main deck, 4 rockers, outdoor dining table seats 6, gas grill; lower covered patio, hot tub seats 5, swing; fire pit with 6 Adirondack chairs, horseshoe pit, cornhole
- Interior - natural wood, ceiling fans
- Kitchen - fully equipped main level kitchen, black appliances, custom cabinets, kitchen utensils, microwave, coffeemaker
- Dining Room - dining table seats 8
- Media - Dish Network, local telephone
- Family Room - sofa, chair, stone wood burning fireplace, 54” flat screen TV with DVD player, coffee table, end tables, side table, lamps, rug, ceiling fan
- Bedrooms - main level bedroom, queen bed, dresser, night stands, lamps, rug, ceiling fan, deck access; upstairs open loft, full bed, dresser, night stands, lamps, desk with chair, ceiling fan, private balcony with 2 rockers; downstairs bedroom, queen bed, dresser, night stands, lamps, ceiling fan
- Bathrooms - main level bath, tub/shower combo, vanity; upstairs master bath, walk-in shower, vanity; downstairs bath, tub/shower combo, vanity
- Pet friendly - up to 2 well behaved dogs with prior management approval
- Laundry - washer and dryer on main level
- Central HVAC
- Drive to Cabin - gravel roads to cabin, paved driveway