Homey, comfortable, secluded, and relaxed are just a few of the ways you can describe the lovely Little Bear Lodge. A beautiful cabin located in the Mountain Tops subdivision, just 3 miles from downtown Blue Ridge, it’s the perfect place to rest your head after a long day of fun in the place we call home.
The owners love traditional cabins (yes, complete with bears!), so they wanted to keep some of that feeling while making the cozy feel more contemporary, without sacrificing the classic style. Their son even named the bear mascot you will meet in the living room, Chubby! It’s a beautiful piece of decor, and the bear theme truly pulls you into the charming nature of this cabin.
The owners genuinely want the cabin to have a feeling of relaxation from the moment you walk in. Every window has a beautiful scenic view, either of the mountains or the wooded lot. Despite being only 10 minutes from downtown Blue Ridge, you will feel like you’re worlds away in the Mountains. Enjoy the sounds of birds in the wind, see deer right outside, and early in the morning, just enjoy the silence.
From the soaring cathedral ceilings, cozy fireplace, and couches in the living area to the fully-equipped (and then some) kitchen, everything was designed with your comfort in mind. Take a seat at the breakfast bar and watch the chef of the family make a pizza and other delicious dishes. When you’re ready to have some fun with everyone, the game room is primed and ready! Enjoy a pool table, foosball, board games, and a Smart TV in the basement. And another cute area is the additional upper floor area with library books and lounge chairs. Get your read on!
The outdoor amenities are vast and ample. Enjoy three levels of porches, including a private screened porch off the master, a large screened porch on the main level, an open wraparound porch from the front porch to the back, and a large porch off the basement game room. With a gas grill, hot tub, plenty of seating, and more, it’s a place you’ll be sure to spend hours enjoying!
One thing that the owners love about the cabin: it’s been made handicap accessible/limited mobility friendly. The owners hope that means that someone who otherwise might not be able to easily enjoy a cabin rental with a mountain view can do so here. There is a convenient ramp to the front porch, and one of the bedrooms and one of the bathrooms are made explicitly with accessibility in mind, including private access to the main screened porch.
The owners love downtown Blue Ridge and have been happy to provide recommendations! There’s always a great burger at Fightingtown Tavern or delicious dinner at Harvest On Main, and the parades throughout the year are so much fun. You can’t miss the great decor at Wrapsody in Blue and the local art galleries. Of course, no visit is complete without stopping by Mercier Orchards for apples and cider donuts. Blue Ridge makes a great ‘base camp’ for exploring other areas, like Helen and Cloudland Canyon, too!
Little Bear Lodge is the perfect place to relax, unwind and let your cares fly by. Book your escape today!Amenities
- Unlimited WiFi
- Cabin sleeps 8 (2 kings, 1 queen, 2 twins, sleeper sofa)
- Game Room – pool table, foosball, board games, 43” Smart TV, leather sleeper sofa, coffee table, pub table, 2 stools, ceiling fan, carpeted
- Outdoor - covered front porch, wheelchair accessible ramp; main level side deck, gas grill; main level covered screened deck, hot tub seats 6, wicker patio sofa and chairs, coffee table, 2 ceiling fans, pub table, 2 stools; upstairs balcony, 2 rockers, ceiling fan; lower patio, 4 rocking chairs, side tables, picnic table
- Interior - natural wood, ceiling fans
- Kitchen - fully equipped main level kitchen, black appliances, oven, pine cabinets, granite countertops, breakfast bar seats 5, kitchen utensils, microwave, crockpot, toaster, air fryer, rice cooker, blender, tea kettle, T-fal pots/pans/griddle, bakeware, hand mixer, and drip coffeemaker (bring basket filters)
- Dining Room - dining table seats 6, breakfast bar seats 5
- Media – ETC HD cable, Smart TV streaming entertainment (sign-in to your subscription channels), local telephone
- Family Room – leather couch, leather loveseat, stone gas fireplace, 43” Smart TV, side table, coffee table, lamps, ceiling fan, rug
- Loft – 2 leather lounge chairs, side table, lamp, bookshelf, books, ceiling fan
- Bedrooms – upstairs master bedroom, king bed, 32” Smart TV, armoire, night stands, lamps, ceiling fan, deck access; main level limited mobility access bedroom, queen bed, dresser, night stands, lamps, ceiling fan, deck access; downstairs bedroom, 2 twin beds, night stand, lamp, carpeted, ceiling fan
- Bathrooms - upstairs master bath, soaking tub, walk-in shower, granite top double vanity; main level bath, walk-in shower with safety rails, granite top vanity; downstairs bath, tub/shower combo, granite top vanity
- Laundry - washer and dryer in basement
- Central HVAC
- Drive to Cabin - paved roads to cabin, gravel driveway
- Other cabins nearby: Singing Pines