What does writer J.R.R. Tolkien’s “The Lord of the Rings” (and the movies based on it) have to do with a North Georgia cabin rental? As it turns out, more than a name. Along with everything you expect—handsome design, great location, lots of space, and all the amenities of home--Middle Earth has something extra: a one-of-a-kind “LOTR”-themed room that will delight fans of the fantasy story.
Descend into the basement of this spacious mountain home and you’re instantly transported to another time and place. Dubbed the Green Dragon Pub, the medieval lair is decorated with “LOTR” memorabilia and themed games (Monopoly, Trivial Pursuit and Risk) and three enormous throne chairs straight out of the Shire. You’ll want to take a selfie and post it with hashtag #middleearthcabinga to impress your friends back home.
Middle Earth is magical in many other ways, as well, starting with its stunning natural setting. Conveniently located near Fightingtown Creek and not far from Toccoa River, Cherokee National Forest and the Aska Adventure Area, the cabin is close to boating, fishing, hiking trails and orchards, and less than six miles to downtown Blue Ridge. With majestic tall trees surrounding it and giving it a tree house feel, you’ll step onto the upper deck and feel calm, relaxed, and at one with nature.
Inside, the cabin is comfortable, inviting, and decorated in a dramatic rustic but non-traditional style that mixes woods, metals and stonework in a unique way, accented by colorful artwork depicting nature. There are two living areas, on the main floor and lower level, each with a gas fireplace and 55” UHD or Ultra Hi-Def smart TVs, outfitted with DirecTV, Apple TV and popular streaming services, and on the main level, JackBox games. Downstairs, there’s a state-of-the-art electronic dartboard, a tournament-level foosball table, and a Sonos sound system with PlayBase and subwoofer. There’s another small game room in the loft, outfitted with Atari Classic and Nintendo Classic Edition systems and lots of games.
The well-appointed kitchen features a live-edge wood counter and stone countertops, four-burner gas stove/oven, stainless steel refrigerator with icemaker, a new dishwasher, garbage disposal, microwave, Keurig coffeemaker, and a crockpot. The L-shaped dining table seats six.
If you’d rather grill your dinner and dine outdoors, just head out to the main deck. There, you’ll find both a gas grill and a charcoal grill/smoker with a handy outdoor sink beside it, a 40” high-def TV with DirecTV and the NFL Sunday Ticket package, and a wood-burning fireplace. On the lower deck, there’s another fireplace and a new six-seat hot tub with LED lighting and music to set the ultimate relaxing mood.
You’ll dream in comfort in the cabin’s three comfortable bedrooms, outfitted with luxury bedding and premium pillows and cooled by ceiling fans. The high-ceilinged master bedroom has a queen bed, 43” hi-def TV with DirecTV and Apple TV, and a private bath with natural stone flooring, counter and walk-in shower, Jacuzzi tub, double copper sinks and a large window that overlooks the woods.
The downstairs bedroom has a queen bed and adjacent bath with double copper sinks, large natural stone shower. And, ideal for up to five kids, the upstairs bedroom has a pair of bunk beds—twin over full and twin over twin. A queen-size futon in the game room brings the sleeping accommodations to 10. The third bathroom features a stone counter, single copper sink, shower/tub, and a stacked washer/dryer.
If you’re ready to experience the fun and fantasy of a truly special mountain adventure, pack up your family and canine best friends and come to Middle Earth for a vacation you’ll never forget. Amenities
- Unlimited WiFi
- Cabin sleeps 10 (2 queens, twin bunk beds, twin over full bunk beds, and queen futon)
- Game Room - tournament foosball table, electronic dart board, Antique Shove Ha’ Penny board (pub game), 55” 4K flat screen TV with Apple TV, Sonos sound system, board games, rustic futon sofa, wood/leather chair with natural teak footrest, barrel table and 2 stools, kitchen, refrigerator, sink, microwave, coffee maker, bar with 3 stools, ceiling fan, deck access; sitting area with other side of shared wood burning fireplace, 3 throne chairs, table, chess game, side tables
- Outdoor - covered front porch; main level covered deck, stone wood burning fireplace, 40” flat screen HDTV, gas grill, charcoal grill/smoker (bring your charcoal), outdoor kitchen area with sink, refrigerator, high top table seats 4, ceiling fan; lower stone patio, hot tub seats 6, stone wood burning fireplace with 3 stools, 2 rustic rockers, 2 lounge chairs, hook and ring toss game
- Interior - wood tongue and groove, warm drywall finishes, ceiling fans
- Kitchen - fully equipped main level kitchen, stainless steel appliances, natural stone countertops, live edge wood counter, wooden cabinets, breakfast bar seats 4, kitchen utensils, microwave, crockpot, Keurig, coffeemaker
- Dining Room - dining table seats 6
- Media - DirecTV including NFL Sunday ticket, Apple TV with Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, YouTube, HBO Now, HBO Go, Starz and Apple Music; local telephone
- Family Room - rustic faux rocker/recliner, matching sofa with 2 reclining seats, rustic wood rocker, natural teak table, 55” 4K flat screen TV with Apple TV and JackBox Party Pack Games, robust sound system, stacked stone gas fireplace, buffet table, side table
- Loft - 43” 4K Smart Roku TV with classic gaming systems (Atari Classic with 40 games and Nintendo Classic Edition with over 750 titles)
- Bedrooms - main level master bedroom, rustic wood queen bed, 43” flat screen HDTV, dresser, night stand, ceiling fan; upstairs bedroom, twin bunk beds, twin over full bunk beds, night stand, ceiling fan; downstairs bedroom, rustic wood queen bed, dresser, night stand, ceiling fan
- Bathrooms - upstairs master bath, natural stone walk-in shower, Jacuzzi tub, natural stone flooring and counter tops, copper sinks; main level bath, natural stone flooring and countertops, tub/shower combo, copper sink; downstairs bath, natural stone flooring and countertops, natural stone tub/shower combo, copper sinks
- Pet Friendly - dog-friendly for 2 well behaved dogs with prior management approval
- Laundry - washer and dryer in main level bathroom
- Central HVAC
- Driveway - circular gravel driveway