In the morning, the clouds part and the sun shines brightly over magnificent long-range mountain vistas and filters through the surrounding tall trees. At sunset, the sky turns golden before fading to blackness and a canopy of stars. This spectacular setting will be the backdrop of your mountain vacation at Mountain Bear Lodge.
Located on a sylvan hilltop in Blue Ridge, the brand-new cabin is quaint and cozy, with a custom carved log exterior and homey feel inside, a mix of natural wood materials and professionally decorated modern rustic decor. The owners love bears, having given their children bear nicknames when they were young, and the ursine theme runs throughout the cabin in wall art, rugs, quilts, pillows, shower curtains, a soap dispenser, a light switch plate and the backyard fire pit and the six chairs surrounding it.
Also outdoors, you’ll find a gas grill on the wraparound main deck, a six-seat hot tub on the lower deck, and plenty of seating including five rockers, a rocking bench chair for two, and a six-seat picnic table, all with that incredible view. It’s the ultimate in peace, quiet and tranquility but downtown Blue Ridge and popular spots Chester's, Blue Jeans Pizza & Pasta and Blue Ridge Mountain BBQ are just five minutes away. Local attractions and activities like Amicalola Falls, the Toccoa River swinging bridge, Lake Blue Ridge and Morganton Point recreation area, orchards, wineries, waterfalls, hiking are an easy 20-minute drive. Your vacation rental in the Black Gum Ridge community gives you exclusive access to the Toccoa River, where you can fish, raft, kayak or picnic a half mile from the cabin’s door.
Upon your return from exploring, you’ll gather and relax in the open-plan great room, furnished with an L-shaped leather sofa, custom tables, and stacked stone gas fireplace, a 75” TV above it. The adjacent kitchen is fully equipped with custom cabinets, granite countertops, stainless steel appliances including electric stove/oven, microwave and refrigerator with icemaker, a crockpot and a drip coffeemaker. The dining table seats six, plus four at the breakfast bar.
One floor below, you’ll find a game room with a regulation billiards table, dartboard, a bar with two stools, a Peloton bike, a 75" Smart TV and a queen size sleeper sofa, bringing the cabin’s accommodations to eight. The lower level also has a bedroom with a queen bed, 50” TV, and a separate bath with tub, shower and a custom whiskey barrel sink/vanity. On the main level, the bedroom has a queen bed, 50” Smart TV, and separate with tub/shower and granite counter. The upstairs master bedroom features a king bed, 70” Smart TV, a private balcony with two rockers from which to gaze at the mountains and the stars. Its private bath contains a jetted tub, walk-in tiled shower and granite countertop.
Other notable amenities include WiFi, cable, a washer and dryer on the main level, a level play area, ceiling fans throughout the cabin. Access is easy on paved roads and widened circular driveway. If you want seclusion and serenity just minutes from all the fun and adventure the Georgia mountains have to offer, Mountain Bear Lodge satisfies on every level.Amenities
- Unlimited WiFi
- Cabin sleeps 8 (king, 2 queens, queen sleeper sofa)
- Game Room - regulation billiards, 75” Smart TV, dart board, board games, leather queen sleeper sofa, bar with 2 stools, Peloton Bike, 2 highback stools, rugs, ceiling fan, deck access
- Outdoor - covered front porch; main level wrap around covered deck, 5 rockers, large rocking bench chair, picnic table seats 6, gas grill; lower deck, hot tub seats 6; fire pit, chairs, benches, custom built swinging bench seats 2; gated access to the Toccoa River 0.5 miles from cabin
- Interior - natural wood, ceiling fans
- Kitchen - fully equipped main level kitchen, stainless steel appliances, custom cabinets, granite counter tops, breakfast bar seats 4, kitchen utensils, microwave, crockpot, toaster, coffeemaker
- Dining Room - dining table seats 6 and breakfast bar seats 4
- Media - cable, streaming entertainment (sign-in to your subscription channels), local telephone
- Family Room - L shared leather sectional sofa, 75” flat screen TV, stacked stone gas fireplace, coffee table, side table, rug, ceiling fan
- Bedrooms - main level bedroom, queen bed, 50” Smart TV, dresser, night stands, lamps, ceiling fan, deck access; upstairs master bedroom king bed, 70” Smart TV, dresser, night stand, lamp, ceiling fan, private balcony, 2 rockers; downstairs bedroom, queen bed, 50” Smart TV, dresser, night stands, lamp, ceiling fan, deck access
- Bathrooms - main level bath, tub/shower combo, granite top vanity; upstairs master bath, Jacuzzi tub, walk-in shower, granite top vanity; downstairs bath, tub/shower combo, whiskey barrel custom sink vanity
- Laundry - washer and dryer on main level
- Central HVAC
- Drive to Cabin - paved roads to cabin, gravel driveway