Perched on a hillside in the Mineral Bluffs community of Mountain High, the Blue Ridge cabin rental Mountain Laurel Hideaway is appropriately named: tall mountain laurel trees surround the property, hiding the cabin from view until you’re right in front of it. With its warm and inviting atmosphere and a spectacular view of the mountains from inside and out, this wooded oasis will enchant you from the moment you walk through the door.
The cabin’s all-wood interior is tastefully decorated in a style that combines elegance and rusticity, with a wildlife-meets-Native American décor, the latter a nod to the owners’ ancestries in the Cherokee and Choctaw tribes. Huge windows in the main living area bring light and the beauty of nature inside, and ceiling fans provide cool breezes throughout the home.
The open-plan great room, with its floor-to-ceiling stacked-stone fireplace, comfy leather couches, and 42” TV with DVD player, ROKU, and Dish Network, is the perfect gathering spot, and the adjacent kitchen is a cook’s dream. You’ll find granite countertops, stainless steel cookware, toaster oven, blender, waffle maker, Keurig and drip coffeemakers, and a kitchen island with a USB charging station. The dining table seats six, plus two at the island.
If you’re in the mood for a cookout, there’s a Weber gas grill on the screened-in porch, along with a six-seat dining table, stone wood-burning fireplace, a 32” TV, and a porch swing. On the lower deck, there’s a hot tub with room for eight, so you can soak and relax while enjoying the magnificent view. For indoor fun, you can head down to the game room to play air hockey, ping-pong, board and card games, or watch the Xbox-equipped 42” TV.
The cabin’s spacious bedrooms feature Amish-made natural matte finish log beds, luxurious bedding, and matching nightstands and chests of drawers. The main level master bedroom has a king bed and deck access, and the upstairs master has a queen bed and a walk-in closet. Both have pull-down blackout shades for those mornings when you want to sleep in, and private bathrooms with double vanities and large walk-in showers. Downstairs, there are two sets of twin bunk beds in a bedroom perfect for kids, and an adjacent bath with tub and shower. There’s also a half bath on the main level.
Mountain Laurel Hideaway is centrally located in an area optimized for fun and adventure, whether it’s rafting on the Ocoee or Nantahala Rivers, motorcycle riding the 11-mile ‘Tail of the Dragon’ part of US 129, or hiking the nearby trails. It’s less than a half hour drive to downtown Blue Ridge and about the same to Murphy, N.C., home of the Cherokee Casino.
Other amenities at the pet-friendly cabin include wireless Internet and a washer/dryer, located on the lower level. This special place offers the best of two worlds: it has all the comforts of a home away from home, and it promises you a vacation you won’t find anywhere else. Amenities
- Unlimited WiFi
- Cabin sleeps 8 (king, queen, 2 twin bunk beds)
- Game Room - air hockey, mini ping pong, 42” flat screen TV, Xbox, board games, card games, sectional sofa, table seats 4, electric fireplace, rocker, ceiling fan
- Outdoor - covered front porch, chair, side table, swing; main level screened-in deck, stone wood burning fireplace, 32” flat screen TV, wicker loveseat, chair with ottoman, coffee table, side table, dining table seats 6, gas grill, ceiling fans; lower covered deck, hot tub seats 8, 2 chaise loungers
- Interior - wood tongue and groove, ceiling fans
- Kitchen - fully equipped main level kitchen, stainless steel appliances, granite countertops, live edge wood counter, wooden cabinets, kitchen island seats 2 with USB charging connections, kitchen utensils, microwave, waffle maker, toaster oven, blender, Keurig, coffeemaker
- Dining Room - dining table seats 6
- Media - Dish network, local telephone
- Family Room - leather sofa, love seat, chair and ottomans, 42” flat screen TV with Roku and DVD player, stacked stone wood burning fireplace, coffee table, side table, lamps, rug, ceiling fan
- Loft - rocking glider with ottoman
- Bedrooms - main level master bedroom, Amish natural log king bed, blackout pull-down window treatments, dresser, night stands, lamps, ceiling fan, access to back deck; upstairs master suite, Amish natural log queen bed, blackout pull-down window treatments, dresser, night stands, lamps, ceiling fan, walk-in closet; downstairs bedroom, 2 twin bunk beds, chair, ceiling fan
- Bathrooms - upstairs master bath, large walk-in shower, live edge wood countertops, double vanities; main level half bath; main level bath, live edge wood countertops, large walk-in shower, double vanities; downstairs bath, live edge wood countertops, tub/shower combo, vanity
- Pet Friendly - dog-friendly for 2 well behaved dogs with prior management approval
- Laundry - washer and dryer downstairs
- Central HVAC
- Driveway - paved roads to cabin, gravel driveway