If you played with a set of Lincoln Logs as a child and wondered what it would be like to live in a log cabin, My Mountain Medicine will turn your youthful fantasies into a reality far beyond your imagination. Located on Down Yonder Road, this magnificent true log cabin is tucked away on three wooded acres in Morganton’s My Mountain community, less than 15 minutes from downtown Blue Ridge but far enough away that the you’ll believe the magnificent long-range mountain vistas are yours and yours alone.
Whether you’re on the porch, in the upstairs sitting room or taking a relaxing soak in the hot tub, glorious orange and purple sunrises and spectacular sunsets will set the scene. Take a walk through the neighborhood or hike the trails near Nottley Lake while you take in the beauty of nature all around you, foraging for berries and mushrooms while teaching the kids about the local flora and wildlife. You may even spot deer from the cabin’s front porch.
Or take a drive to popular dining spots like Black Sheep, Chester’s, Grumpy Old Men Brewery downtown, where you can treat the kids to yummy cupcakes at the Sweet Shop, owned by a “Cupcake Wars” winner. You can pick fruit and sample the ciders at Mercier Orchards, go floating on the Toccoa River, and venturing a little further, take a scenic drive to Highlands, N.C. or go rafting and swimming in the rock pools at the Ocoee Whitewater Center in Copperhill, Tennessee.
You’ll find plenty to entertain you inside the cabin as well. Downstairs, there are board games, a game table, and a Wii system and a 45” Smart TV above the fireplace, one of the cabin’s five televisions, all equipped with access to sports, news, local stations, Netflix and Disney+ via YouTube TV. The main level living area, with its 20-foot vaulted ceilings, nevertheless has a warm and cozy vibe, with rich woods, earthy colors, a gas stone fireplace, cooling ceiling fans, and a rustic wildlife-themed decor contributing to the welcoming ambiance.
The spacious kitchen is outfitted with wood cabinets, granite countertops and stainless-steel appliances including an electric stove/oven, a microwave, dishwasher, and a refrigerator with icemaker and trays, a crockpot, and a drip coffeemaker. The dining table seats six, plus two at the breakfast bar. Hungry for barbecue? There’s a gas grill on the main deck and on the main screened in deck, you’ll find a custom farm table, rockers, and loungers, and a fire pit near the cabin’s entrance, so don’t forget the marshmallows.
At the end of the day, you’ll choose between three comfortable bedrooms, all with brand-new mattresses and linens. The master bedroom on the upper level features a four-poster king bed, 32” Smart TV, a private bath with tub and shower, double vanity and a walk-in closet. French doors lead to a sitting room where the sofa pulls out into a queen bed and you can settle in with a book or just take in the wraparound view. The main level bedroom has a queen bed, access to the screened in deck, 32” Smart TV, and a private entrance to the bathroom, where there’s a tub and shower. The downstairs bedroom, ideal for kids, has a pair of twin beds, a 32” Smart TV, and a separate bathroom walk in shower and a washer/dryer.
One of the two driveways is roomy enough for a game of catch, and here you’ll find a basketball hoop. There’s even a Nema 1450 charger for electric vehicles. Amenities
- Unlimited WiFi
- Cabin sleeps 8 (king, queen, 2 twin beds, pull out couch)
- Game Room - arcade style game table, board games, 45” Smart TV, Wii, sleeper sofa, leather chair, foot stool, coffee table, lamp, rug, ceiling fan
- Outdoor - covered front porch, gas grill; main level screened deck, custom farm table seats 6, 2 rockers, lounge chair, ceiling fans; lower level covered patio, patio table, 4 chairs, hot tub seats 6; fire pit with 4 Adirondack chairs
- Interior - natural wood, ceiling fans
- Kitchen - fully equipped main level kitchen, stainless steel appliances, oven, custom cabinets, granite counter tops, breakfast bar seats 2, kitchen utensils, microwave, crockpot, blender, toaster, coffeemaker
- Dining Room - dining table seats 6, breakfast bar seats 2
- Media - Smart TV streaming entertainment (sign-in to your subscription channels), local telephone
- Family Room - leather sofa, lounging chairs, stone gas fireplace, 48” Smart TV, side tables, coffee table, lamps, ceiling fan, rugs
- Bedrooms - upstairs master bedroom, king bed, 32” Smart TV, dresser, night stands, lamps, ceiling fan, enclosed seating area balcony, plush queen sleeper sofa, desk, lamp, ceiling fan, carpeted; main level bedroom, queen bed, 32” Smart TV, night stand, lamp, ceiling fan; downstairs bedroom, 2 twin beds, 32” Smart TV, night stand, lamp, carpeted, ceiling fan
- Bathrooms - upstairs master bath, tub/shower combo, vanity; second main level bath, tub/shower combo, vanity; downstairs bath, walk-in shower, vanity
- Laundry - washer and dryer on downstairs level
- Central HVAC
- Drive to Cabin - paved roads to cabin, gravel driveway
- Other cabins nearby are A Beary Nice View, Eagles Nest, Eagles Pride, CloudWalker, Cabin Sweet Cabin, Rocky Top