My Mountain Retreat What matters most to you in a mountain vacation? Whether it’s a wide range of great activities nearby, a magnificent setting that brings you closer to nature, or the chance to relax, unwind and leave everything in your ‘real life’ behind, you’ll find it all at My Mountain Retreat.
Perched on a hillside in a forest clearing overlooking a verdant canopy, with spectacular long-range mountain views, this spacious tri-level showplace is the ideal getaway retreat. Just ten miles from the dining and shopping of downtown Blue Ridge, the cabin is a short drive to popular destinations including Mercier Orchards, the Blue Ridge Scenic Railway and Lake Blue Ridge. You can hike the many trails at Amicalola Falls State Park and Vogel State Park, go tubing, kayaking or fly fishing on the Toccoa River, take a zip lining tour, or venture a bit further afield to Dahlonega. But if you’re happy just sitting on the deck while listening to the birds and watching the sun set over the mountains, this is the perfect place to do it.
My Mountain Retreat is designed for outdoor living, with screened-in decks on the main and upper levels, plenty of seating, a gas fire table for getting cozy on chilly nights, and a gas grill for your alfresco cooking pleasure. You can settle in the A-frame swing by the fire pit or take a soothing soak in the hot tub as you take in the beautiful mountain view.
Inside, the cabin’s rich woods, natural stone, calming earth tones and its comfortable furniture in casual rustic style give it a relaxing, cozy, welcoming ambience. Soaring vaulted wood ceilings and huge windows make it bright and airy, with fireplaces to warm you and ceiling fans to keep you cool. There’s a 50” TV with DVD player and DirecTV in the main floor living area, and a 40” TV with DirecTV, an electric fireplace, a ping-pong table, board games, poker, puzzles, cards on the lower level. This room features plush carpeting, unique barn doors, and roughhewn wood accents.
The fully stocked kitchen, with its granite countertops, updated appliances including electric stove/oven and fridge with icemaker, crockpot and drip coffeemaker, has everything you need to prepare and serve. There’s seating for six at the dining table plus two at the island.
My Mountain Retreat can accommodate up to 10 guests in its three comfortable bedrooms plus futon in the loft and in the lower level family room. All bedrooms have deck access, ceiling fans, 32” TVs and private baths. The upstairs master bedroom has a king bed, a loft reading nook, a telescope for stargazing and its bath has a jetted tub, separate tiled shower with rain shower head, double sinks and hand-crafted wooden vanity. The other two bedrooms have queen beds and baths with tub/shower on the main level and oversize walk-in shower downstairs.
The cabin also provides guests with WiFi, a washer/dryer, a baby gate, books, brochures to local attractions, and circular paved driveway. You’re welcome to bring your well-trained, well-behaved dog with you (dog bowls and a watering station provided) to make vacation memories that you and your loved ones will remember for years to come.Amenities
- Unlimited WiFi
- Cabin sleeps 10 (king, 2 queens, 2 futons)
- Game Room - ping pong table, 40” flat screen TV, board games, puzzles, full futon, stone electric fireplace, large chair, futon, sofa, coffee table, deck access Outdoor - wrap around front porch, rockers; gated side deck, gas grill; screened-in main deck, picnic table seats 6, 4 rockers, gas fire table, coffee table, side table; screened-in balcony off master bedroom, 2 rockers, side table; lower covered deck, hot tub seats 4; fire pit, swing, seating for 6
- Interior - wood tongue and groove, warm drywall finishes, ceiling fans
- Kitchen - fully equipped main level kitchen, black appliances, custom cabinets, granite countertops, breakfast bar seats 2, kitchen utensils, microwave, toaster oven, crockpot, electric skillet, blender, hand mixer, coffeemaker
- Dining Room - dining table seats 6
- Media - DirecTV, local telephone
- Family Room - sofa, loveseat, recliner, coffee table, 50” flat screen TV with DVD player, stone gas fireplace, chair, side tables, lamps, rug, ceiling fan
- Loft - full futon, desk, chair
- Bedrooms - upstairs master, king bed, 32” flat screen TV, telescope, night stands, lamps, ceiling fan, balcony access with 2 rockers and side table; main level bedroom, queen bed, 32” flat screen TV, dresser, night stands, lamps, ceiling fan, iron and ironing board, deck access; downstairs bedroom, queen bed, 32” flat screen TV, dresser, night stands, lamp, ceiling fan, deck access
- Bathrooms - upstairs master bath, jetted tub, tiled walk-in shower, double vanity; main level bath, tub/shower combo, double vanity; downstairs bath, walk-in shower, vanity
- Pet friendly - well behaved dog with prior management approval
- Laundry - washer and dryer main level
- Central HVAC
- Driveway - paved circular driveway