These days, fortunately, a vacation in the woods surrounded by the wonders of nature no longer means roughing it in a tent. You can have the beautiful bucolic setting without sacrificing all the comforts of home—and with the amenities of a high-end resort—if you choose to spend it at Nighthawk. Located in Mineral Bluff, surrounded by six acres of wilderness but less than 20 minutes from downtown Blue Ridge, this secluded mountaintop retreat is the epitome of relaxed, rustic luxury. And the full-range mountain views are nothing less than spectacular.
Custom designed by Keith Sumner, the cabin has a handsome stone facade that gives way to an exquisitely crafted and decorated interior that mixes rich, dark woods, vaulted ceilings, exposed beams and floor-to-ceiling windows that frame the astounding view. Three stacked stone masonry fireplaces, handsome leather furniture, hand-carved tables, and unique hand-crafted fixtures create a rugged, earthy atmosphere that’s warm, welcoming and relaxing. You’ll find ceiling fans and bear accents throughout, including a large taxidermy specimen overlooking the great room, where the cooking, dining and gathering areas blend into one.
The kitchen features industrial lighting, slab stone counters, custom wood cabinetry, new stainless appliances including gas stove, electric oven and a refrigerator with icemaker, a microwave, crockpot, a Keurig coffeemaker, and all the implements you need to prepare and serve. The dining table seats six, plus three at the breakfast bar.
In addition to the main floor living area, you can gather in the game room on the lower level, where there’s a wet bar, wine fridge, and an arcade table with over 400 games. Both rooms have gas fireplaces and 55” Smart TVs. But why stay in when two spacious decks are right outside, with a wood-burning fireplace, a four-seat hot tub, porch swings, and a 42” TV. Love to cook outdoors? A gas grill and a Big Green Egg grill/oven/smoker make alfresco meals a pleasure. There’s also a fire pit in the yard, so don’t forget the marshmallows!
A restful night awaits you in the cabin’s four comfortable bedrooms, which include two master suites, each with a king bed, large walk-in closet and private bath with a double vanity, stone flooring and walk-in shower. The main level master has deck access and a 50” TV, and the lower level master has a 32” TV. The second downstairs bedroom has a king bed and the upstairs bedroom has a log queen bed, both with separate baths featuring walk-in stone showers.
The cabin’s other amenities include a washer/dryer (in the main floor master’s closet), a level play area and retractable baby gate. The road to the cabin is a steep climb, but the reward at the end of it is worth it: a mountain hideaway with magnificent surroundings, stunning sunsets, and good times for all.Amenities
- Unlimited WiFi
- Cabin sleeps 8 (3 kings, queen)
- Game Room - arcade table with 400 games, wet bar and wine frig, 55” Smart TV stacked stone gas fireplace, leather sectional sofa, rug, lazy boy recliner, lamp, ceiling fan, deck access
- Outdoor - front porch, rocker; main level side deck, gas grill and Big Green Egg; main level covered deck, table and chairs, bench swing, 42” Smart TVover stone wood burning fireplace, wicker sofa and 2 chairs, coffee table, ceiling fan, side table, rug; lower deck, bench swing, 2 rockers, coffee table, hot tub seats 4, rug; benches; fire pit with seating for 6
- Interior - natural wood, warm drywall finishes, ceiling fans
- Kitchen - fully equipped main level kitchen, stainless steel appliances, custom cabinets, slab stone countertops, breakfast bar seats 3, kitchen utensils, microwave, toaster, crockpot, Keurig coffeemaker
- Dining Room - dining table seats 6; kitchen bar seats 3
- Media - Smart TV streaming entertainment (sign-in to your subscription channels), local telephone
- Family Room - leather sectional sofa and lazy boy recliner, 55” Smart TV, side table, coffee table, stacked stone gas fireplace, lamp, rug, ceiling fan
- Bedrooms - main level master bedroom, king bed, 50” Smart TV, dresser, night stands, lamps, chairs, rug, ceiling fan, large walk-in closet, deck access; upstairs bedroom, queen bed, dresser, night stands, lamp, rug, ceiling fan; second upstairs master bedroom, king bed, 50” Smart TV, dresser, night stands, lamps, ceiling fan, large walk-in closet; downstairs master bedroom, king bed, 32” Smart TV, night stands, lamps, dresser, ceiling fan, large walk-in closet
- Bathrooms - main level master bath, walk-in shower, slab stone top double vanity; upstairs bath, walk-in shower, slab stone top vanity; second upstairs master bath, walk-in shower, slab stone top double vanity; downstairs bath, walk-in shower, slab stone top double vanity
- Laundry - washer and dryer in main floor master bedroom closet
- Central HVAC
- Driveway - circular gravel driveway