What do you want most in a Blue Ridge cabin rental? Is it a private, secluded mountain oasis with a breathtaking view, or the tranquil beauty of a flowing river? Is it convenience to all the fun activities you crave, or the all the amenities of a home away from home? At Owls & Friends (formerly known as Owls Nest in Toccoa Preserve), you don’t have to choose.
This magnificent tri-level mountain showplace on the Toccoa River, considered to be some of the best fly fishing in the Southeast, is a hideaway that’s yours alone, yet it’s just 3.5 miles from the shops and restaurants of downtown Blue Ridge. As a guest, you have access to a common area with picnic tables, barbecue grills, a pavilion, and fire pit, all a short walk or drive from your door. You can fish for trout from the shore and enjoy water activities like swimming, floating, kayaking, and tubing on the river. There are many hiking trails nearby, horseback riding in Cashes’ Valley, zip lining in Blue Ridge, 4-wheeling in the Cohutta Wilderness, and the Toccoa River Golf Course is five minutes away. Wine lovers can visit the local wineries, including Serenberry Vineyards, Bear Claw Vineyards, and Crane Creek Vineyards.
Named by the nature-loving owners for the hoot owls you can hear at night, the cabin is decorated with custom-made rustic furniture and a wildlife theme, with knotty pine tongue-and-groove paneled walls; hardwood floors; knotty pine stairs with mountain laurel railings; rustic custom-built furnishings of pine; butternut and cedar woods in every room; prow-front windows and French doors that open to the deck; and pine-paneled ceilings with wooden beams, with ceiling fans throughout. The main level family room is bright and airy, with comfortable couches, 42” TV with DVD, and a lofty ceiling and large prow windows opening to the patio.
There are gas-burning stone-faced fireplaces on the main floor and in the downstairs game room, which has a pool table, wet bar, refrigerator, wraparound couch, 44” TV with DVD player, and board games. For outdoor relaxation, settle into a rocker, gliding love seat, enjoy the outdoor wood burning fireplace attached to the covered deck, hanging swing with a beer or glass of wine or soak in the five-seat hot tub while taking in the view. You can fire up the gas grill and dine outdoors, where there’s plenty of seating for your family and guests.
Inside, the spacious kitchen has everything you need to prepare and serve meals. Furnished with custom cabinetry, granite counter tops, a breakfast bar with butternut wood countertop, stone facing and two barstools, it has black electric appliances, refrigerator with icemaker, and microwave oven. The custom-built knotty pine dining table seats eight.
Each of the three comfortable bedrooms has a custom log king bed and carved headboard, ceiling fan, deck access and its own bathroom. The main and upstairs level masters have 33” TVs and cedar double vanities, copper sinks, garden windows, jetted tub and walk-in tiled shower in the private baths.
There’s a walk-in closet and separate office nook in the upstairs bedroom suite, and a spectacular view of the mountains from its private balcony. The downstairs bedroom has a separate bath with single cedar vanity, copper sink and tub/shower combo.
Other amenities at Owls & Friends include Wifi, Dish Network, washer/dryer, and parking in the driveway. You’re welcome to bring your pets along to share your unforgettable vacation with you—as long as they’re well behaved and stay off the furniture!Amenities
- Unlimited WiFi
- Cabin sleeps 6 (3 kings)
- Game Room - billards table, 2 high pool hall chairs, wet bar with refrigerator, wrap around sofa, stone gas fireplace, 44” flat screen TV with DVD player, DVD movies, board games, ceiling fan, French doors open to lower deck
- Outdoor - front porch; main level covered deck, stone faced wood burning fireplace, loveseat glider, 2 rocking chair glider, coffee table; main level side deck, swing, bench, 2 chairs, table, gas grill; private balcony, wicker sofa, chair, coffee table; lower deck, hot tub seats 5, bench, 2 chairs, rocker, side table; community common area, pavilion with tables and benches, swing, covered picnic area, fire pit near river
- Interior - wood tongue and groove, warm drywall finishes, ceiling fans
- Kitchen - fully equipped main level kitchen, black appliances, granite countertops, wooden cabinets, breakfast bar seats 2, kitchen utensils, microwave, toaster coffeemaker
- Dining Room - solid log dining table seats 8
- Media – Dish Network, DVR, local telephone
- Family Room - leather sofa and chair, 42” flat screen TV, stone gas fireplace, coffee table, end table, lamp, rug
- Bedrooms - upstairs master bedroom, heavy timber king bed, 33” flat screen TV, dresser, rocker, night stands, lamps, ceiling fan, office/work nook, deck access; main level master bedroom, heavy post king bed, 33” flat screen TV, dresser, night stands, lamps, ceiling fan, access to deck; downstairs bedroom, log king bed, dresser, night stands, lamps, ceiling fan
- Bathrooms - upstairs master bath, walk-in shower, Jacuzzi tub, double vanity with copper sinks; main level bath, walk-in shower, Jacuzzi tub, double vanity with copper sinks; downstairs bath, tub/shower combo, vanity with copper sink
- Pet Friendly - up to 2 well behaved dogs with prior management approval
- Laundry - washer and dryer downstairs
- Central HVAC
- Driveway - gravel driveway