Imagine your perfect mountain getaway - quiet, peaceful, secluded - with breathtaking views at every angle. This is Painted Skies, a lovely, welcoming retreat nestled among serene trees and rolling mountains, with unparalleled views of gorgeous sunsets. Tranquil and private, yet close to all the fun activities that you crave, your vacation of a lifetime awaits!
Serenity is yours from the moment you step inside the cabin. The bright and open great room features a soaring ceiling and stacked stone fireplace, and its large picture windows offer spectacular mountain views. Such views gave rise to the cabin’s name, and to the original painting created by the owner hanging near the fireplace, titled “Painted Sky”. The cabin’s owner is an artist who is inspired by nature, especially the ever-changing displays of light and color in which we experience both the tranquility and exhilaration of living in tune with the natural world.
This warm and inviting cabin has a rustic, cozy style with comfortable furniture. You’ll find original artwork and Native American-inspired rugs with red and turquoise accents throughout the cabin. The whole gang can gather in the spacious family room in front of the stacked stone fireplace to watch movies on the 50” TV, play games, or just hang out. From the open loft area, enjoy gazing through the large picture window that perfectly frames the amazing mountain vista. The unusually tall side windows offer heavenly views of the moon. Here in the loft, this tranquil space invites you to curl up in your rocking chair with a good book and a hot drink, and take in the beautiful landscape.
Downstairs, the game room provides plenty of fun! There’s a 50” Smart TV, plenty of seating, a regulation pool table, and board games for your amusement. Outdoor amenities include a hot tub, fire pit, gas grill and picnic table, all waiting for you to immerse yourself in the peaceful natural surroundings. And you don’t have to leave your canine best friends at home; well-behaved dogs are welcome.
When it’s time to retire, you will love your sleeping accommodations. Each bedroom has walk-out deck access and sunset views, and is named for and features a painting of the animal it celebrates. The main floor bedroom is “Deer Haven” with French doors to the main deck where you can relax in the cozy sofa or rocking chairs outside, perfect for taking in the beautiful mountain views. The terrace bedroom is the cozy “Fox Den”, and features access to the hot tub patio. The master bedroom is the “Bird’s Nest”, which, of course, is on the top floor! It boasts a king bed, master bathroom with double vanities, walk-in shower and spa tub. Best of all it features its own romantic, private deck for sharing a bottle of wine along with the spectacular sunset. You’ll see the deer come by at dusk. Watch the beauty of nature unfold from any of the 3 decks.
When you stay at Painted Skies, you’ll feel secluded and at peace, while being close to all of the fun and adventure! Hike on the Benton Mackaye Trail starting at Bushy Gap, just a short walk from the cabin. The Fightingtown Nature Park, with its fantastic hiking and mountain biking trails, is 15 minutes away. Imagine horseback riding out on the trails at Cowgirl Up Stables, only an 8 minute drive. When you’re ready to head out for unique shopping and dining experiences, both Blue Ridge and Ellijay are less than 20 minutes away. A 12 minute drive brings you to Bear Claw Vineyards, which is both child and pet friendly, and offers live music! Nearby, Zipline Canopy Tours of Blue Ridge provides incredible expansive views of the region. The sky is the limit when it comes to fun!
From the moment you arrive, this special place will quiet your mind and renew your spirit. If you’re looking for the perfect escape to create unforgettable memories, Painted Skies is for you!
- Unlimited WiFi
- Cabin sleeps - 6 (1 king, 2 queens)
- Game Room - leather sofa, club chair with ottoman, 50” Smart TV, coffee table, electric faux stone fireplace, regulation pool table, log pub table seats 4, rug
- Outdoor - main level deck, picnic table, gas grill; main level covered deck, rocking chairs, his & hers chairs with table, three-seat sofa; lower level deck, hot tub seats 6, fire pit seats 5 (firewood not supplied unless requested when booking), gated fence on porch for dogs
- Interior - natural wood, tongue and groove throughout, ceiling fans
- Kitchen - fully equipped main level kitchen, black appliances, oven, pine cabinetry, breakfast bar seats 2, kitchen utensils, microwave, crockpot, blender, toaster, drip coffeemaker (bring basket filters)
- Dining Room - dining table seats 6 (with 2 expansion leaves to seat 8-10), breakfast bar seats 2
- Media - Smart TV streaming entertainment (sign-in to your subscription channels), DVD/Blu-Ray player in great room, local telephone
- Family Room - microsuede reclining loveseat, microsuede reclining sofa, 50” Smart TV, stacked stone gas fireplace, coffee table, DVD player, board games, puzzles, rug
- Bedrooms - upstairs master bedroom, king bed, dresser, nightstands, accent armchair, lamps, deck access; main floor bedroom, queen bed, dresser, nightstands, lamps, accent chairs, deck access; downstairs bedroom, queen bed, accent chair, dresser, nightstands, lamps, deck access
- Bathrooms - ensuite master bathroom, double vanity, jetted tub, walk-in shower; main floor bathroom, single vanity, tub/shower combo; downstairs bathroom, single vanity, tub/shower combo
- Pet Friendly - up to two well behaved dogs with prior management approval
- Laundry - washer & dryer on main level
- Central HVAC
- Driveway - paved & gravel roads to cabin, partially paved driveway as of July 2023