When it comes to real estate, it’s all about the location, and Pinecone Peak’s is superb. High on a hilltop in Mineral Bluff, the cabin is positioned to maximize the panoramic picture postcard Georgia and Tennessee mountain views from its wraparound decks and the great room’s wall of windows. Of pine tongue-and-groove construction and beautifully designed in cozy cabin style with soaring cathedral ceilings, the home is bright and airy, welcoming and cozy. It’s a peaceful, private retreat for your vacation getaway just minutes from everything the mountains have to offer, in all four directions.
It’s just 15 minutes to the shops and restaurants of downtown Blue Ridge, 10 minutes to Appalachian Trails stables and a half hour or less to McCaysville and Blairsville, the Toccoa Valley campground and the Ocoee Whitewater Center. You can also go rafting at the Nantahala Outdoor Center or climb Brasstown Bald, the highest peak in Georgia.
For more low-key fun, you don’t have to leave the property. You can kick back and relax in comfort in the main level great room or the downstairs rec room, which has a pool table, wet bar and a full-size futon. Both rooms are outfitted with gas fireplaces and 55” TVs with DISH Network and DVD players (the main level TV also has surround sound and CD system). Or head out to the screened-in porch, light the wood-burning fireplace, and take in a spectacular sunset or enjoy the views from the lower deck’s hot tub, which seats 6. Love to barbecue? No problem. The hard-lined gas grill awaits your favorite meats and marinades.
For other mealtimes, you’ll find everything you need to prepare and serve in the spacious kitchen, which has granite countertops, stainless steel appliances, an electric stove/oven, refrigerator with icemaker, and drip coffeemaker. The dining table seats six plus two at the breakfast bar.
The three bedrooms, one per level, are cozy and inviting, each with a king bed a 32” DISH Network-equipped TV. The upstairs master suite comes with a private balcony and bath with jetted tub, vanity and double-size walk-in tiled shower. The main floor bedroom’s adjacent bathroom features an oversized tub, separate walk-in shower and a washer/dryer. There’s a tub/shower combo in the downstairs bathroom.
Other amenities include WiFi, ceiling fans in every room, and an on-demand heater that ensures hot water throughout the cabin. The paved and gravel road to the property is narrow but easily navigable, and there’s a carport and paved driveway.
If you want to balance fun and adventure and peace and quiet in a spectacular secluded mountain setting, you’ll find the best of both worlds at Pinecone Peak. Amenities
- Unlimited WiFi
- Cabin sleeps 7 (3 kings, full futon)
- Game Room - billiards, wet bar, 2 high back stools, stone gas fireplace, 55” flat screen TV with DVD player, 2 high backed stools, leather sofa and loveseat, full futon, coffee table, ceiling fan, deck access
- Outdoor - covered front porch, 2 rockers, side table; screened-in side deck, stone wood burning fireplace, table seats 6, 2 chairs and ottomans, side table, loveseat, coffee table, ceiling fan; main deck, 5 chairs, side table, gas grill; lower covered patio, outdoor dining table seats 4, 2 side tables, hot tub seats 6
- Interior - tongue and groove pine, ceiling fans
- Kitchen - fully equipped main level kitchen, stainless steel appliances, custom cabinets, granite counter tops, breakfast bar seats 2, kitchen utensils, microwave, coffeemaker
- Dining Room - dining table seats 6 and 2 at breakfast bar
- Media - Dish Network, local telephone
- Family Room - recliner sofa, love seat, oversized chair, stone gas fireplace, 55” flat screen TV with DVD player, surround sound with CD player, coffee table, end tables, side table, rug, ceiling fan
- Loft - open loft, loveseat, coffee table, side table, lamp
- Bedrooms - main level bedroom, king bed, 32” flat screen TV, night stands, lamps, ceiling fan, deck access; upstairs master bedroom, king bed, 32” flat screen TV, dresser, night stands, lamps, ceiling fan, private balcony with 2 loveseats and table; downstairs bedroom, king bed, 32” flat screen TV, dresser, night stands, lamps, ceiling fan
- Bathrooms - main level bath, walk-in shower, vanity; upstairs master bath, jetted tub, double size walk-in shower, vanity; downstairs bath, tub/shower combo, vanity; tankless water heater
- Laundry - full size washer and dryer in main level bathroom
- Central HVAC
- Drive to Cabin - paved and gravel roads to cabin, paved driveway, carport