Imagine waking to the sound of a rushing stream just steps from your door, and having it lull you to sleep at night after a day in the woods enjoying the peace, quiet and beauty of nature. It’s just one of the delightful aspects of a stay at Reel Relaxing Creekside Cabin.
Situated on a magnificent property in Ellijay just 11 miles from town and 25 miles from downtown Blue Ridge, this large and impressive wood-and-stone home sits on Turkey Creek, a stocked catch-and-release trout stream. The owners chose its name because their sons love to fish, and they bought it so they could relax while their boys reel ‘em in. There’s also a beautiful water feature in front of the house, and a gentle, sloping yard down to the creek.
Inside, the main living level is warm, spacious, and made for gathering, with a cathedral ceiling, stacked stone wood-burning fireplace, 55” Smart TV with cable and surround sound, and it’s professionally decorated with a leather sofa and recliner and custom touches. The fireplace mantels here and on the deck are made from logs sourced on the property, along with a lot of the rock and stone work seen around the house and in the landscaping. Combining southern charm with rustic touches, no detail has been overlooked.
The kitchen has custom wood cabinetry, plenty of counter space, and is fully equipped with stainless steel appliances including a refrigerator, gas stove/oven, microwave, and dishwasher, drip and Keurig coffeemakers, ninja blender, and a crockpot. There’s room for six at the dining table plus four at the L-shaped island.
Or head out to the screened porch and enjoy the pleasures of outdoor living and a picturesque view of the creek. It’s an inviting extension of the living space with patio sofa, 2 chairs, a wood-burning fireplace, and dining area, all enclosed to keep you comfortable, dry and pollen-free. On the lower level screened in patio you’ll find the gas grill, 2 Adirondack chairs and an end table. There’s also a fire pit at creekside with seating for four.
Downstairs on the lower level, you’ll find a spacious den with a leather sectional couch, 55” Smart TV with cable, a DVD player, and Wii gaming console, 9 foot shuffle board table, air hockey, board games and a second full kitchen. There’s an adjacent master bedroom here, with a king bed, deck access, a 32” Smart TV with cable, and a private bath with handicap accessible walk-in shower and single oversized vanity.
One level above, the master bedroom has a king bed, vaulted ceiling, 40” Smart TV with cable, deck access, a private bath with a jetted tub and walk-in shower, and a double vanity. The other two bedrooms both have queen beds, one with deck access and a 32” cable-equipped Smart TV, and share a bath with tub and shower. All bedrooms are furnished with new mattresses and bedding.
Although the cabin has everything you need for comfort, entertainment and family fun, you’ll want to venture out and explore all that the Georgia Mountains have to offer. Cartecay Vineyards is just under a mile away and B.J. Reece Apple Orchards is just over two miles. You can drive 13 miles to Burt’s Pumpkin Farm or double that to Mercier Orchards in Blue Ridge. Picking apples and then shopping or grabbing a bite to eat downtown afterward makes for a great day trip that everyone can enjoy.
Reel Relaxing Creekside also provides guests with WiFi, a washer/dryer, cooling ceiling fans throughout the cabin, and a high chair, pack ‘n play, toys, and a level play area for kids. It’s easily accessible on a paved road, with a paved driveway. More importantly, it offers you a serene, scenic place to escape from the stresses of daily life. It’s the perfect place to make wonderful memories today that you’ll treasure tomorrow and for years to come.Amenities
- Unlimited WiFi
- Cabin sleeps 8 (2 kings, 2 queens)
- Game Room - shuffleboard table, air hockey, board games, 50” Smart TV, Wii gaming console, leather sofa, kitchen with refrigerator, double sink, oven, microwave, coffee maker, blender and cabinets
- Outdoor - covered front porch, porch swing; main level screened deck, stacked stone wood burning fireplace, patio furniture seats 4, patio table seats 6, lower screened patio with gas grill, 2 Adirondack chairs, end table; outdoor creekside fire pit
- Interior - natural wood interior, bedrooms with warm drywall finishes, ceiling fans
- Kitchen - fully equipped main level kitchen, stainless steel appliances, oven, custom cabinets, counter tops, breakfast bar seats 4, kitchen utensils, microwave, crockpot, ninja blender, toaster, coffeemaker, Keurig
- Dining Room - dining table seats 6, breakfast bar seats 4
- Media - cable, Smart TV streaming entertainment (sign-in to your subscription channels), local telephone
- Family Room - leather sofa, 2 lounging chairs, stone wood burning fireplace, 55” Smart TV with surround sound and dvd player, side table, lamps
- Bedrooms - main level master bedroom, king bed, 40” Smart TV, dresser, night stands, lamps, bench seating, ceiling fan, deck access; second main level bedroom, queen bed, dresser, night stand, lamp, ceiling fan; third main level bedroom, queen bed, dresser, night stand, lamp, ceiling fan; downstairs bedroom, king bed, 32” Smart TV, night stands, lamps, rug, ceiling fan
- Bathrooms - main level master bath, soaking tub, walk-in shower, double vanity; second main level bath, shower-tub combo, vanity; downstairs bath, walk-in shower, vanity
- Child Amenities - pack ‘n play, high chair, toys
- Laundry - washer and dryer on main level
- Central HVAC
- Drive to Cabin - all paved roads to cabin, gravel driveway