When life is unsettled, unpredictable and chaotic, do you yearn for a serene sanctuary where you can feel safe and relax in comfort with those you love? True to its name, Sanctuary Summit is that kind of place. Perched high on a hillside next to a national forest, but just five miles from downtown Blue Ridge, this magnificent new construction cabin built in 2020 boasts spectacular views of the mountains both nearby and in the distance and Lake Blue Ridge below. The unspoiled landscape and sports, fun and activities of the Aska wilderness and adventure area are just minutes away.
Built on three levels with all-wood construction, wraparound decks, and soaring vaulted ceilings, the lodge has enormous windows that provide picture-perfect views that bring the outside in. The interior is spacious yet warm and welcoming, with rich woods, earth tones, and comfortable, contemporary furnishings in a pleasing mix of rustic luxury and modern industrial styles. Unique lighting fixtures and ceiling fans throughout are both decorative and functional, filling the rooms with light and cool breezes.
On the main level, the open plan living area features leather sofas and a stone gas fireplace with a cable and sound bar-equipped TV above it. The kitchen, with its custom cabinetry, granite countertops, stainless steel appliances including a gas stove/oven and refrigerator with icemaker, has everything you need to prepare and serve meals, snacks, or entertain a crowd. The handsome slab dining table and benches seat 8, plus two at the breakfast bar.
If grilling is your game, you can head out to the main deck, fire up dinner, and enjoy it in front of the wood-burning fireplace. There are two dining tables and plenty of seating, including four Adirondack chairs, two rockers, and a porch swing. You can cap the day with a soak in the hot tub as you relax under starry skies. Or gather in the game room on the cabin’s lower level, which is outfitted with pool and shuffleboard tables, a wet bar, and a 50” TV with cable and sound bar.
When it’s time to turn in for the night, you’ll enjoy restful sleep in one of the four large and luxurious bedrooms on each level, three of them suites with king beds, deck access, 43” TVs, and private baths (the second upstairs bedroom has a queen bed, 32” TV and separate bath). The main and upper level bathrooms have double sinks, two mirrors and walk-in showers and soaking tubs, and the downstairs bath features a single sink and tub/shower combo. A 50-gallon hot water heater and tankless water heater ensure that your showers will always be steaming.
Sanctuary Summit’s other amenities include a washer/dryer on the lower level, and a level play area. It’s also pet-friendly, so you’re welcome to bring your dogs along as you celebrate, relax, and enjoy your stay at this very special mountain hideaway with family and friends. Amenities
- Unlimited WiFi
- Cabin sleeps 8 (3 kings, queen)
- Game Room - pool table, shuffleboard table, wet bar with mini frig, bar top ledge with stools, 2 high top chairs, 50” flat screen TV, soundbar, leather recliner sofa with ottoman, ceiling fan, deck access
- Outdoor - covered front porch and wrap around deck; covered side deck, stone wood burning fireplace, 50” flat screen TV, wicker sectional sofa, coffee table, ceiling fan; main level deck, gas grill, 2 Adirondack chairs, side table, 2 rockers, table seats 4, ceiling fan; upstairs master balcony, 2 Adirondack chairs, bench swing, side table; lower deck, hot tub seats 6, chairs
- Interior - natural wood, ceiling fans
- Kitchen - fully equipped main level kitchen, stainless steel appliances, custom cabinets, granite countertops, breakfast bar seats 2, kitchen utensils, microwave, coffeemaker
- Dining Room - dining table seats 8; kitchen bar seats 2
- Media - cable, local telephone
- Family Room - leather sectional sofa, chair, 50” flat screen TV, soundbar, stone gas fireplace, coffee table, side table, 2 high back chairs, rug, ceiling fan
- Bedrooms - main level master bedroom, king bed, 43” flat screen TV, dresser, night stands, lamps, chair, rug, ceiling fan, deck access; upstairs bedroom, king bed, 43” flat screen TV, dresser, night stands, lamp, chair, rug, ceiling fan; second upstairs bedroom, queen bed, 32” flat screen TV, dresser, night stands, lamps, ceiling fan; downstairs bedroom, king bed, 43” flat screen TV, night stands, lamps, chair, rug, ceiling fan
- Bathrooms - main level master bath, copper tub, walk-in shower, granite top double vanity; main level half bath; upstairs master bath, tub, walk-in shower, granite top double vanity; downstairs bath, tub/shower combo, granite top vanity; tankless water heater
- Pet friendly - up to 2 well behaved dogs with prior management approval
- Laundry - washer and dryer on lower level
- Central HVAC
- Driveway - gravel driveway
- Front wheel or four wheel drive recommended