What do you want most in a mountain getaway? If it’s peace and quiet, luxury amenities, proximity to fun and adventure, and an amazing view of the mountains, the very aptly named Skyview checks all the boxes and more. This magnificent new cabin sits high on a hilltop, where the mist rolls off the mountains in the morning to reveal stunning long-range vistas and a wall of enormous windows frames the picture-postcard panorama. Pull up a rocker and grab a cup of coffee to start your day or nightcap to put a perfect end to it as the worries and demands of city life melt away.
Inside, the cabin is a beautiful blend of rich woods, exposed beams, stylish comfortable furniture and industrial-rustic fixtures, with chandeliers made from wagon wheels and bourbon barrels suspended from the cathedral ceilings. Designed for complete relaxation, the family room features a beautiful stacked stone gas fireplace with 65” flat screen UHD TV, a leather sofa, recliner chairs, hunter’s chair, and of course that awesome view.
The adjacent kitchen is a cook’s delight and fully equipped with granite counters, high-end slate stainless appliances, gas stove/oven, high-efficiency ultra-quiet dishwasher, fridge with interior icemaker, and a breakfast island with four comfy bar stools. The cabinets hold an ample supply of Crate & Barrel dishware, mason jar glassware, Cuisinart pans, a four-slot toaster, drip and Keurig coffeemakers, crockpot, panini press, hand mixer, blender, baking tools, and plenty of kid-size plates, cups, and utensils. The oak farmhouse dining table has room for eight, plus there are four seats at the breakfast bar.
Downstairs in the game room, you’ll find a regulation pool table, board games, jigsaw puzzles, a 65” TV above the stacked stone fireplace, and a pull-out sofa. There’s also an Xbox and a selection of games in the kids’ bunk room, which has two twin beds, two full beds, and a pair of oversized beanbag chairs.
The cabin’s other two bedrooms, one per floor, feature custom king handcrafted log beds, dressers, and private bathrooms. The upstairs master has a cathedral ceiling, farmhouse barn doors, a 50” TV, a large walk-in closet with built-in shelving, and a spa-like private bath. The bath has a river rock pebble shower floor, oversized dual rainhead shower, separate soaking tub, granite counters, double sinks and ample cabinet and closet space. A cozy reading nook with loveseat, bookshelf, desk, and desk chair are nestled just outside the upstairs bedroom.
The main floor master bedroom has barn doors, a closet with built-in shelving, a 50” TV, and a bath with walk-in shower, linen closet, granite countertops and double sinks/vanity. The downstairs bathroom near the bunk room has granite countertops and a tub/shower combo. There is also a half bathroom with washer/dryer on the main floor. A tankless water system provides all the hot water you need.
The outdoor space is just as inviting as the interior of the cabin. The top deck has a cushioned loveseat and cushioned chairs around the stacked-stone outdoor fireplace, a gas grill, a dining table and chairs, and six comfortable rockers to enjoy the spectacular view. The bottom deck has Adirondack chairs with ottomans and drink tables and a hot tub.
Skyview is located in a gated community just 15 minutes from downtown Blue Ridge, where you can shop in the boutiques, sample local drinks at the various breweries and wineries, pick apples at one of the nearby orchards, and enjoy some local barbecue. Outdoor activities abound in Blue Ridge--tubing and fishing on the Toccoa River, kayaking, canoeing, mountain biking, and hiking. A number of US Forest Service trailheads are nearby and the beautiful Fall Branch Falls trail is just minutes away. Tubing rental locations are also just minutes away. Returning from your adventures, you can head out to the deck and throw a log on the fireplace or settle into a rocker, Adirondack chair, or the hot tub to take in the fabulous view and watch the mountains’ color change over the course of the day in this magical mountain retreat. Amenities
- Unlimited WiFi
- Cabin sleeps 10 (2 king beds, 2 twin beds (smaller children only), 2 full beds, queen pullout sofa bed)
- Game Room - billiards table, queen pullout sofa, comfy stools, stacked stone gas fireplace, 65” flat screen UHD TV, wet bar with wine/beer cooler, board games, jigsaw puzzles, coffee table, rug, ceiling fan, deck access
- Outdoor - upper deck: gated, covered wrap-around deck, 6 rockers, outdoor dining table seats 6, stacked stone wood-burning fireplace, sofa, chairs, coffee table, ceiling fan; lower deck: hot tub seats 6, 2 Adirondack chairs with ottomans and side tables, cornhole game; outdoor fire pit with four Adirondack chairs.
- Interior - natural wood, ceiling fans, industrial-rustic fixtures
- Kitchen - fully equipped main level kitchen, slate stainless steel appliances, custom cabinets, granite countertops, breakfast bar seats 4, kitchen utensils, microwave, toaster, crockpot, panini press, hand mixer, blender, coffeemaker, Keurig
- Dining Room - dining table seats 8
- Media - Dish Network, local telephone
- Family Room - leather sofa, 2 catnapper recliner chairs, leather hunter’s chair, rustic side chair, 65” flat screen UHD TV, side tables, coffee table, stacked stone gas fireplace, lamps, rug, ceiling fan
- Loft - loveseat, bookshelf, books, desk, chair, end table, lamps
- Bedrooms - main level master bedroom, king bed, 50” flat screen TV, dresser, night stands, lamps, rug, ceiling fan, large walk-in closet; upstairs master bedroom, king bed, 50” flat screen TV, night stands, lamps, dresser, rug, ceiling fan; downstairs bedroom, 2 twin beds, 2 full beds, 50” flat screen TV, Xbox, wall lamps, rug, beanbag chairs, ceiling fan
- Bathrooms - main level master bath, walk-in shower, linen closet, granite top double vanities; main level half bath; upstairs master bath, walk-in shower with dual shower heads, soaking tub, granite top double vanity; downstairs bath, tub/shower, granite top vanity; tankless water heater
- Pet Friendly - up to 2 well behaved dogs with prior management approval
- Laundry - washer and dryer in main level half bath
- Central HVAC
- Drive to Cabin - gravel driveway