Look no further than The Wandering Wilscot Lodge if you are seeking a relaxing and fun weekend away from it all. A paved country road will lead you to this cozy lodge. Drop your bags and get ready to discover!
A three-floor mountain beauty, you’ll be surrounded with the sound of rushing waters as the Wilscot Creek flows right beside the cabin! Large boulders line the water’s edge so guests can enjoy the peaceful tranquility of the North Georgia Mountains!
An inviting wood-burning fireplace greets you as you enter the home. Sink into the comfortable furniture and take in the comforts of your surroundings. Share stories around the fire – one of the best places in the world to be on a cold night!
You'll be blown away by the sheer beauty and intricacy of this place, featuring 100-year-old wood floors repurposed from a Georgian whiskey distillery, hand-carved stairs, and many locally harvested materials.
In the beautifully appointed dining area, there are six dining chairs and a spacious kitchen that’s great for making delicious meals after an exciting day of exploration.
With a wraparound porch to provide panoramic views of the stunning natural surroundings, you will love the Amish-made rocking chairs to relax in while you take in the natural scenery. A fire pit completes the list of outdoor amenities that you will enjoy!
You have a choice of four bedrooms: three with king-sized beds and waterfall views! The master bedroom is on the top floor with its own outdoor private balcony and a Jacuzzi tub in the bath! With the middle floor bedroom, you get deck access with its own magnificent views, while the bottom floor bedroom gives you special access to the creek. There is also a bunk room upstairs that children will love.
Feeling a bit adventurous? Follow the creek and it opens into Lake Blue Ridge. Want to go fishing? Try your hand at catching a trout in the Wilscot Creek! You can also go stargazing at night, or spend hours marveling at the waterfall across the creek. As this place is surrounded by 500 acres of National Forest, you can go enjoy a family hike or go hunting. Whatever your heart desires, go for it!
Gather your family, pack your bags, and off you go to this stunning place for a memorable vacation!
- Unlimited WiFi
- Cabin sleeps 10 (3 kings, twin over full bunks, full futon)
- Downstairs Den - board games, 50” Smart TV, futon, leather chair, electric fireplace, footrest, game table seats 4, coffee table, nightstands, lamps, rug
- Outdoor - covered front porch, main level covered deck, custom wood patio table seats 4, 4 rocking chairs, gas grill, upstairs covered deck, rocking chairs, footrests, side table, lower patio, picnic table, porch swing, firepit with large stones for seating
- Interior - natural wood, ceiling fans
- Kitchen - fully equipped main-level kitchen, stainless steel appliances, oven, custom cabinets, granite countertops, breakfast bar seats 2, kitchen utensils, microwave, Keurig
- Dining Room - dining table seats 6, breakfast bar seats 2
- Media - Smart TV streaming entertainment (sign-in to your subscription channels), local telephone
- Family Room - faux leather couch, recliner, stone wood-burning fireplace, faux cowhide rug, Smart TV, DVD player, soundbar, side table, coffee table, lamps, ceiling fan
- Bedrooms - upstairs master bedroom, king bed, 32” Smart TV, nightstands, lamps, ceiling fan, deck access; upstairs second bedroom, twin over full bunks, dresser, fan, rug; main level bedroom, king bed, 43” Smart TV, nightstands, lamps, ceiling fan; downstairs bedroom, king bed, 22” Smart TV, dresser, nightstands, lamps, ceiling fan, deck access
- Bathrooms - upstairs bath, jetted tub, walk in shower, granite top double vanity; main level bath, tub/shower combo, granite top vanity; downstairs bath, tub/shower combo, granite top vanity
- Child Amenities - LEGO and games, kids DVDs
- Laundry - washer and dryer on main level
- Central HVAC
- Drive to Cabin - paved road to cabin, gravel driveway