Did your fondest childhood memories include playing with friends in a treehouse, walking through the woods, or skipping stones on a river? At the North Georgia cabin rental Treehouse on the Rapids (formerly known as Cartecay River Rapids), you can relive those wonderful memories and create new ones with your loved ones.
This tranquil, hideaway in the woods is located in a gated community four miles from Ellijay and 17 miles from downtown Blue Ridge, with mountain wilderness on one side and the Cartecay River—known for its excellent kayaking, tubing, and trout fishing—on the other. With the Cartecay flowing less than 50 paces from the back door, you’ll feel like you’re living in a nest in the treetops, surrounded by the soothing sounds of the river gurgling over rocks, a sound that permeates every bit of space on the property. It’s a nature lover’s paradise that deer, squirrels, chipmunks and a variety of songbirds call home.
Treehouse on the Rapids with its unique design and wraparound deck, is custom built and professionally decorated in post and beam style, characterized by fine woodworking detail. Its cathedral ceiling and huge windows let in lots of natural light, maximizing the view of the river below. It’s easy to see why it was featured on the HGTV television series “DIY”—it definitely has the ‘wow factor!
The living room is warm and welcoming, with a comfortable leather couch and a recliner for two and a DVD-equipped 55” flat screen TV above the wood-burning fireplace. The adjacent kitchen is spacious and beautifully designed, with granite countertops, stainless steel appliances including electric stove/oven and refrigerator with icemaker, and a drip coffeemaker. There’s room for six at the custom dining table, plus three at the kitchen island/breakfast bar.
The cabin is designed for outdoor living, with relaxation, dining, and gathering in mind. On the deck, you’ll find a gas grill, plenty of seating, and a hot tub with a view of the river. Two wood-burning fireplaces and fire pit to create an inviting environment.
The three bedrooms are bright, airy, and beautifully decorated, with handsome furniture, luxury bedding, and 26” TVs in each. The main level master has a king bed, deck access with hot tub just steps away, and a private bath with Jacuzzi tub and walk-in shower. The second main floor bedroom has a full-size bed and separate bath with tub/shower, and the upstairs bedroom has a queen bed, futon sofa and private bath with tub/shower. All bathrooms feature granite countertops.
Other amenities include a game room with foosball, a bumper pool/poker table, and many board games; Wifi, DVD players, cable, access to Netflix and Amazon Prime; a washer/dryer, and a paved driveway.
If you’re looking for a vacation retreat that promises your family and friends a one-of-a-kind experience in a magical riverfront setting, look no further than Treehouse on the Rapids. It will be an experience you’ll treasure for years to come.Amenities
- Unlimited WiFi
- Cabin sleeps 6 (king, queen, full)
- Game Room - foosball table, bumper pool/poker table combo, board games, rocker, chairs, side table, rug, ceiling fan
- Outdoor - main level 360 degree wrap around deck, hot tub seats 4, bench rocker, stone wood burning fireplace, gas grill on deck, table seats 4, bench, chair; picnic table seats 6 near the patio; stone patio with wood burning fireplace only plus wicker chairs, loveseat and ottoman; stone patio with fire pit and 2 chairs near river
- Interior - wood tongue and groove, warm drywall finishes, ceiling fans
- Kitchen - fully equipped main level kitchen, stainless steel appliances, granite countertops, wooden cabinets, breakfast bar seats 3, kitchen utensils, microwave, toaster, coffeemaker
- Dining Room - dining table seats 6
- Media - Dish network; access to Netflix, Amazon Prime, YouTube; local telephone
- Family Room - leather sofa, 2 person leather recliner, 2 chairs, coffee table, stone wood burning fireplace, 55” flat screen Smart TV with DVD player, side tables, lamps, rug, ceiling fan
- Bedrooms - main level master, king bed, 26” flat screen TV, night stands, dresser, lamps, ceiling fan, rocker, rug, deck access; second main level bedroom, full bed, 26” flat screen TV, night stand, lamp, ceiling fan; upstairs bedroom, log queen bed, 26” flat screen TV, queen futon, dresser, rocker, night stands, lamps, ceiling fan
- Bathrooms - main level master bath, walk-in shower, Jacuzzi tub, granite countertops, double vanity; second main level bath, tub/shower combo, granite countertop, vanity; upstairs bath, granite countertops, tub/shower combo, vanity
- Laundry - washer and dryer downstairs
- Central HVAC
- Driveway - paved roads to cabin, paved driveway