Nestled in a sloping forest of pine and laurel, Fairy Cross Chalet stands atop three enchanting wooded acres of the Blue Ridge Mountains, and overlooks the Greater Smoky Mountains of both Tennessee and North Carolina. Be one of the very first guests to enjoy this newly built, cabin property.
The chalet gets its name from naturally occurring staurolite crystals that form seven miles below the earth’s surface and twist under pressure into 60 and 90-degree angles, creating the area’s famous Fairy Cross Stone.
These little gems can be found in only a few places in the world, one of them being right here at Fairy Cross Chalet! It has often been said fairies inhabited certain places in the Blue Ridge Mountains, roaming freely and delighting in serenity. And the stones themselves are said to hold powers of protection and good luck.
The owners have created a one-mile long private hiking trail on the property that weaves through this mystical forest. Revel in these legends of fairies and tales of good fortune, as you walk the trail hunting for your very own lucky memento to take home with you. We recommend finding a spot on the ground and sifting for them. It’s a fun way to embrace the lore of the area.
This three-story cabin is decorated in a mountain chic theme, and appointed with all the modern creature comforts one would expect from a luxury experience. The main floor has twenty-foot cathedral-style ceilings crossed by large wooden beams and adorned with an oversized wood and iron chandelier and a floor-to-ceiling stacked-stone wood-burning fireplace. With custom maple cabinetry, sleek black granite countertops, all stainless-steel appliances, rustic knotty pine stairs, doors, frames, and moldings, modern matte black hardware, and gorgeous wide-slatted engineered hardwood flooring, you’ll feel the coziness of a cabin and the clean lines of a contemporary haven. This elegant blend of modern décor and traditional cabin amenities provides the perfect experience that is woodsy yet elevated, airy yet cozy, warm yet stylish. You’ll feel truly at home as you enjoy beautiful mountain views from each of its 25 windows.
As you move outdoors, you’ll find plenty to do on the 80 feet of upper and lower deck space. Relax and unwind with a glass of wine on one of the upper deck’s six comfy Adirondack chairs. Watch the sunset or just take in the views while warming yourself by the toasty outdoor fireplace. You can then go down to the lower deck and cook up a delicious meal from the gas grill and enjoy it at the picnic table. At the end of the day, you can process all of this beauty and wonder while receiving a gentle massage from the cabin’s ultra-relaxing hot tub jets, surrounded by festive strings of fairy lights, or by roasting marshmallows in the firepit.
As for local adventures, you’ll find downtown Blue Ridge with its old-fashioned train and abundance of restaurants and retail is just a 30-minute drive. You can enjoy horseback riding or rent a boat at Lake Blue Ridge. You can go apple picking at one of the many local orchards or whitewater rafting just north on the wildly beautiful Ocoee River.
Or, you can simply stay home and: make a sumptuous chef-inspired gourmet meal in the fully-equipped kitchen; make popcorn in the old-fashioned popcorn machine and watch movies on the theatre style 85” TV; play ping pong or board games; or immerse yourself in a great book from one of the many stunning vantages the cabin has to offer.
A magical and exciting vacation awaits you. Discover the beauty and charm of the Fairy Cross Chalet. You’ll surely want to come back, again and again!Amenities
- Unlimited WiFi
- Amazon Echo Dot on each floor
- Cabin sleeps – 10 (2 kings, full size bunk bed, twin size bunk bed)
- Game Room – ping pong, 85” Smart TV, board games, wet bar, mini refrigerator, popcorn machine, bench, sectional sofa, ottoman, coffee table, rug
- Outdoor – main level: covered deck, wood burning fireplace, Adirondack chairs, foot rests; lower level: covered deck, hot tub seats 4, gas grill, picnic table seats 8; private nature trail located on property; fire pit, 4 Adirondack chairs
- Interior – natural wood, warm drywall finish, ceiling fans
- Kitchen – fully equipped main level kitchen, stainless steel appliances, single oven, custom cabinets, granite countertops, gas stove, breakfast bar seats 4, kitchen utensils, microwave, Nutribullet blender, toaster, waffle maker, coffee maker (bring basket filters)
- Dining Room – dining room seats 8, breakfast bar seats 4
- Media – smart TVs streaming entertainment (sign-in to your subscription channels), local telephone, Bluetooth speakers
- Family Room – leather sofa, leather accent chair, cowhide rug, solid wood round drum coffee table, stacked stone wood-burning fireplace, 55” Smart TV, side table
- Bedrooms – main level master bedroom: king bed, dresser, antler chandelier, nightstands, lamps, area rug, chair, lamp, cowhide rug; main level bedroom: king bed, leather accent chair, nightstands, lamps, rug; downstairs bedroom: full size bunk bed, twin size bunk bed, accent chair, rug, nightstand, lamp
- Office loft area on top floor
- Bathrooms – master en suite bathroom: walk-in shower, jetted tub, double granite top vanity; main floor bathroom: walk-in shower, granite top vanity, downstairs bathroom: tub/shower combo, granite vanity
- Laundry – washer and dryer on the main floor
- Driveway – gravel road to cabin, gravel driveway