Peaceful and divinely welcoming, Cruach Mor will give you feelings of relaxation from the moment you pull up the driveway. The name is the battle cry for the Scottish Clan MacTavish, which the owner’s ancestors belonged to. It loosely translates to "To the Mountains!"
To begin your journey of peace and relaxation, from the moment you arrive at Cruach Mor, head straight downstairs to the cedar-line, handmade Finnish sauna! Saunas have a lot of health benefits and can help reduce stress and improve sleep. Now you are ready for a truly refreshing vacation!
So many touches inside the cabin are sentimental to the owner. The pine furniture were gifts from their parents, and they were always meant to go into their future log cabin! The old bookcase in the loft was their grandmother’s bookcase from years past. The owner loves American History & has a deep love of log cabins. Being secluded in the woods surrounded by nature is one of the keys to this cabin, and we hope that it brings all these feelings of joy and memory to you when you stay!
Comfortable and unique, the cabin is filled with traditional log cabin decor and has ceiling fans in all of the bedrooms and living areas. Cedar wood lines the walls and truly shows off the unique style of the cabin. Sink into the leather couch in front of the fireplace in the living area and relax.
The fully-equipped kitchen is a great spot to relax and enjoy a meal. With granite countertops, stainless steel appliances, a Keurig, a 12-cup coffee maker, a griddle, a blender, a waffle maker, and a mini food processor, you can make some incredible meals.
The outdoor amenities overlook a beautiful area and are vast! The mountain view here overlooking the valley below will mesmerize you. Enjoy a screened-in porch, rocking chairs, a warm and inviting fire pit, a hot tub after those long days of exploring the area, a gas grill, and seating for dining. This is a perfect spot in the cabin to spend late nights relaxing and reminiscing about the day of fun you just had.
When it is time for bed, multiple king suites await you. Each bedroom has lovely log beds in each. The upper king master has cathedral ceilings and a balcony, and the lower king bedroom opens to the deck. Plus, there are twin beds in the basement nook for even more space.
Exploring the region has never been easier - the cabin is close to wonderful things to see and do, including the Blue Ridge Train, Morganton Point Landing, immense mountain views, scenic drives in every direction from the cabin, waterfalls, and so much more.
Want to experience the beauty of this place? Book your stay now on the Cruach Mor! Amenities
- Unlimited WiFi
- Cabin sleeps 8 (3 kings and 2 twins)
- Game Room - Finnish sauna, foosball table, board games, XBOX with games, 60” Smart TV, stacked stone gas fireplace, suede sofa, suede love seat, coffee table, side tables, lamps, ceiling fan, rug, mini-refrigerator, microwave
- Outdoor - covered front porch; main level enclosed screened porch, wicker patio furniture seats 7, coffee table, rug; main level covered deck, 6 rocking chairs, gas grill, picnic table seats 6; upstairs covered deck, 2 wicker patio chairs, side table, rug; downstairs covered patio, hot tub seats 6; self-contained fire pit, 6 Adirondack chairs, corn hole
- Interior - natural wood, ceiling fans
- Kitchen - fully equipped main level kitchen, stainless steel appliances, oven, wood cabinets, granite countertops, breakfast bar seats 2, kitchen utensils, microwave, crockpot, blender, toaster, griddle, waffle maker, mini food processor, S’mores sticks, drip coffeemaker (bring basket filters), Keurig
- Dining Room - dining table seats 8, breakfast bar seats 2
- Media - Dish network, Smart TV streaming entertainment (sign-in to your subscription channels), local telephone
- Family Room - sectional leather sofa, lounge chair, ottoman, stone gas fireplace, 55” Smart TV, rug, ceiling fan
- Loft - 2 lounge chairs, coffee table, side table, book shelf, carpet, ceiling fan
- Bedrooms - main level master bedroom, king bed, 40” Smart TV, dresser, night stands, lamps, bench, ceiling fan; upstairs master bedroom, king bed, 40” Smart TV, dresser, night stands, lamps, bench, rocker, ceiling fan, deck access; downstairs bedroom, king bed, 32” flatscreen TV, dresser, night stands, lamps, ceiling fan, carpeted, deck access; downstairs bedroom nook, 2 twin beds, night stand, lamp, ceiling fan, carpeted
- Bathrooms - main level master bath, jetted tub, walk-in shower, double vanity; upstairs bath, jetted tub, walk-in shower, double vanity; downstairs bath, walk-in shower, vanity; half bath
- Pet Friendly - up to 2 well behaved dogs with prior management approval
- Laundry - washer and dryer on main level
- Central HVAC
- Drive to Cabin - paved roads to cabin, paved driveway
- Other cabins nearby are North Georgia Overlook