Like the private treehouse retreat you loved as a kid but a thousand times more spectacular, Little Bird Landing is a hillside oasis that elevates the idea of living in the woods to a whole new level. With a wraparound deck, soaring vaulted ceilings and enormous windows that showcase the magnificent long-range mountain views from every angle, this rustic yet modern showplace has everything you desire in a Blue Ridge vacation hideaway.
Named for the Little Bird helicopters the owner piloted in the Army, the cabin sits on a beautifully landscaped property in the Aska Recreation Area, surrounded by nature but just a short drive to Lake Blue Ridge, Mercier Orchards, and the shops and restaurants of downtown. It’s made for outdoor living, with a wood burning fireplace, a six-seat hot tub, a charcoal grill for your barbecue feasts, and plenty of seating—you have your choice of rockers, Adirondack chairs and a swinging bed to kick back and relax in as you take in the view.
Inside, the cabin is an upscale combination of wood, glass, and stone, with two gas fireplaces to warm you and ceiling fans to keep you cool. The spacious, state-of-the art kitchen features stainless steel appliances including a gas stove, electric oven, and refrigerator with icemaker, granite countertops, glass tile backsplash, and seating for eight at the dining table plus four tree-slab stools at the breakfast bar. You’ll find a drip coffeemaker for your morning brew and a Keurig downstairs in the game room, which is furnished with a wet bar, shuffleboard table, cornhole toss, board games, puzzles and one of two 43” Smart TVs. The other television is on the main level and is equipped with a DVD player, Roku, and Sonos sound system.
The cabin can accommodate eight guests in its three comfortable bedrooms plus a queen-size pullout sofa in the game room. The upstairs master bedroom boasts a private balcony and an artist’s drawing table in the adjacent loft, and a private bath with a jetted tub, double vanity, granite counter, and walk-in tiled shower. The main level bedroom features a queen bed, deck access, and separate bath with double vanity, granite counter, walk-in tiled shower, and washer/dryer. On the lower level, the bedroom is furnished with a pair of twin beds, has deck access, and a separate bath with shower and tub.
Whether you’re planning a family vacation, a couples’ weekend, or a getaway with your best friends, Little Bird Landing offers you fun, peace and quiet, and all the comforts of an exclusive resort in a breathtaking mountain setting.Amenities
- Unlimited WiFi
- Cabin sleeps 8 (king, queen, 2 twins, queen sleeper sofa)
- Game Room - shuffle board table, cornhole toss, 43” Smart TV, wet bar with frig and Keurig, stone gas fireplace, queen sleeper sofa, leather ottoman, rocker, pub table with 4 stools, rug, board games, puzzles, ceiling fan, patio access
- Outdoor - wrap around front porch, bench; covered side deck, pub table with 2 chairs, 2 rockers; covered main level deck, stone wood burning fireplace, 4 Adirondack chairs, coffee table, swinging bed; private balcony off master; lower patio, charcoal grill (bring your charcoal), hot tub seats 6
- Interior - wood tongue and groove, warm drywall finishes, ceiling fans
- Kitchen - fully equipped main level kitchen, stainless steel appliances, custom cabinets, granite countertops, breakfast bar seats 4, kitchen utensils, microwave, coffeemaker
- Dining Room - dining table seats 8
- Media - Roku, local telephone
- Family Room - sofa, leather chair, coffee table, 43” Smart TV with DVD player, Roku, Sonos, stone gas fireplace, side table, rug, ceiling fan
- Loft - artist drawing table with stool, ceiling fan
- Bedrooms - upstairs master, king bed, night stands, lamps, dresser, rug, ceiling fan, balcony access; main level bedroom, queen bed, dresser, night stands, lamps, rug, ceiling fan, deck access; downstairs bedroom, 2 twin beds, night stand, lamp, rug, ceiling fan, patio access
- Bathrooms - upstairs master bath, jetted tub, tiled walk-in shower, granite double vanity; main level bath, tiled walk-in shower, granite double vanity; downstairs bath, tub/shower combo, granite vanity
- Laundry - washer and dryer main level bathroom
- Central HVAC
- Driveway - paved roads to cabin, gravel circular driveway, motorcycle friendly