Imagine waking up in the morning and opening your eyes to the most magnificent mountain view you’ve ever seen, right from your bed. That fantasy is a reality at My Mountain Lookout. Perched high on a hillside, this gorgeous property is situated to maximize that view on every level, inside and out. Located in Morganton, just eight miles from the shops, bars and restaurants of downtown Blue Ridge, the cabin is a peaceful, private, relaxed oasis from the noise, crowds and hustle-bustle of daily life. But it’s mere minutes to activities and attractions like tubing and whitewater rafting on the Toccoa, apple picking at Mercier Orchards, and hiking the many trails of the Aska Adventure Area.
The tri-level cabin is bright, warm, and welcoming, with enormous windows to showcase the view. Rich woods, updated décor with comfortable new furniture and bedding, and a mountain wildlife theme make it extra cozy.
You’ll sleep in comfort in one of three charmingly decorated bedrooms, one per level. The master bedroom in the upstairs open loft has that fabulous view, TV, and features a log king bed and private bath with double vanity and tub/shower. The main level and downstairs bedrooms have four-poster queen beds and adjacent bathrooms with tub/shower, and there’s a double futon and a twin bed in the lower level game room. There, you’ll find a TV, pool table, foosball, board games, puzzles, for plenty of family fun.
But as the sign above the wood burning fireplace suggests, the living room is the perfect place to gather and relax. You can settle into the soft and comfortable sofa and watch TV—like all three in the cabin, it’s equipped with Dish Network and a DVD player—or choose a book or game from the cabinet. The adjacent kitchen is spacious and well stocked with everything you need to prepare, cook and serve. It features wood cabinetry, granite counters, appliances including electric stove and oven with a smooth top range, refrigerator, dishwasher, toaster, crockpot and drip coffeemaker. The dining table seats six plus two at the breakfast bar.
Or head out to the main level deck, where you’ll find a gas grill for your cookout pleasure, a picnic table, plenty of seating including a porch swing and rockers, and a covered hot tub that invites you to soak away the day as you take in the view.
My Mountain Lookout also provides you with WiFi, ceiling fans, a washer/dryer in the main level bathroom, extra blankets and pillows, and parking for six cars in the circular driveway. But most of all, it will give you a vacation experience full of magical sunrises, glorious sunsets, family time you’ll treasure forever.Amenities
- Unlimited WiFi
- Cabin sleeps 9 (king, 2 queens, double futon, twin)
- Game Room - billiards table, foosball, 40” flat screen TV, gas fireplace, double futon, twin bed, coffee table, high top table and chairs, board games, puzzles, books
- Outdoor - main level deck, picnic table seats 6, gas grill, 2 rockers, chairs, side table: screened-in porch, swing, rockers, chairs, side table, ceiling fan; covered main level side deck, hot tub seats 4; lower patio, chairs, swing
- Interior - wood tongue and groove, warm drywall finishes, ceiling fans
- Kitchen - fully equipped main level kitchen, black appliances, custom cabinets, granite countertops, breakfast bar seats 2, kitchen utensils, microwave, toaster, crockpot, coffeemaker Dining Room - dining table seats 6
- Media – Dish Network, local telephone
- Family Room - couch, loveseat, coffee table, 40” flat screen TV with DVD player, stone wood burning fireplace, side table, lamps, rug, ceiling fan
- Bedrooms - upstairs open loft master bedroom, king bed, 40” flat screen TV, night stands, lamps, dresser, ceiling fan; main level bedroom, queen bed, dresser, night stands, lamps, ceiling fan; downstairs bedroom, queen bed, night stand, lamp, dresser
- Bathrooms - upstairs master bath, tub/shower combo, double vanity; main level bath, tub/shower combo, vanity; downstairs bath, tub/shower combo, vanity
- Laundry - washer and dryer main level bathroom
- Central HVAC
- Driveway - circular gravel driveway