The 1992 movie “A River Runs Through It” introduced viewing audiences to the joys of fly fishing, turning many into avid anglers. If you’re one of them, you’ll feel at home at the beautiful Toccoa River cabin named for the film. You can literally cast your line from the back porch, or head down the steps and wade right into the river, where brown and rainbow trout are plentiful. You just might catch your dinner!
The owners’ passion for angling is reflected in decor items like fishing reel toilet tissue holders, shower curtains, and an antique canoe with antique fishing lures hanging from it. (There’s one rod/reel for guest use, but it’s suggested you bring your own). But even if you’re not as enthusiastic about fishing as they are, there’s a lot to appreciate at this riverside hideaway.
You can settle into the double swing at the water’s edge, light a fire in the fire pit, soak in the hot tub as you listen to the rushing sound of the river, or sit on the deck and unwind with a beer as you watch the kayakers and boaters pass by. You can rent both water craft at one of several nearby marinas, or if you’re really adventurous, head north to the wilder Ocoee River to try white water rafting. For fun on solid ground, there’s Mercier Orchards, Noontootla Creek Farms, where you can shoot skeet, fish for trout and hunt quail, and Atlanta Motorsports Park for go-karts and Formula One racing.
Located on a wooded quarter acre about a half hour from downtown Blue Ridge, this traditional log cabin is rustic, quaint, and homey, but has all the modern comforts and conveniences you crave. In the living room, you’ll find a leather sofa, stone gas fireplace, a 48” flatscreen TV and unique wall art, including a hand-carved trout and an eagle, the backrest from a teakwood chair. The adjacent kitchen has electric stove/oven, double size refrigerator with icemaker, a dishwasher, microwave, and a drip coffeemaker. The dining table seats 6.
For outdoor dining, there’s a gas grill and plenty of outdoor seating on the deck. Or head over to the game room in the garage to play billiards, board games, shuffleboard and watch the DVD player-equipped 36” TV. It’s a converted carport, and you can raise the door when the weather’s warm. A POW/MIA banner on the wall honors those who served our country.
The cabin has three comfortable, cozy bedrooms. Upstairs you’ll find the master suite with a king bed, a 40” flatscreen TV, a private balcony overlooking the river and a private bathroom with walk-in shower. The main level bedroom has a queen bed, a private bathroom and walk-in shower. The second bedroom on the main level has a pair of twin beds and a separate bath with tub/shower combo.
A River Runs Through It also provides WiFi, DISH Network, a washer/dryer, ceiling fans in every room, two dog kennels, and brochures from restaurants, shops and attractions.
Whether you’re a fly fisher or not, this waterside retreat is the perfect place to relax, unwind and escape the stresses of daily life. Visit once and you’ll be hooked!Amenities
- Unlimited WiFi
- Cabin sleeps 6 (king, queen, 2 twins)
- Game Room - pool table, shuffleboard, board games, corn hole games, 36” TV, 3 chairs, side table, ceiling fan
- Outdoor - covered front porch; main level covered deck, tables, chairs, gas grill, rockers; main level covered side deck, hot tub seats 4; fire pit seats 6, patio table seats 3, double swing
- Interior - natural wood, ceiling fans
- Kitchen - fully equipped main level kitchen, black appliances, oven, custom cabinets, granite counter tops, kitchen utensils, microwave, crockpot, toaster, coffeemaker
- Dining Room - dining table seats 6
- Media - Dish network, local telephone
- Family Room - leather sofa, lounging chairs, stone gas fireplace, 48” TV, side table, coffee table, lamp, rug
- Bedrooms - upstairs master bedroom, king bed, 40” TV, dresser, night stands, lamps, ceiling fan, rug, balcony access with 2 rockers and side table; main level bedroom, queen bed, dresser, night stands, lamps, ceiling fan; second main level bedroom, 2 twin beds, night stand, lamp, ceiling fan
- Bathrooms - upstairs master bath, walk-in shower, vanity; main level bath, walk-in shower, vanity; second main level bath, tub/shower combo, granite top vanity
- Pet Friendly - up to 2 well behaved dogs with prior management approval, 2 dog crates
- Laundry - washer and dryer on main level
- Central HVAC
- Drive to Cabin - paved roads to cabin, gravel driveway
- Other cabins nearby are Come On Inn