Perched on a hillside surrounded by tall trees, with a magnificent view of the mountains in the distance, Ain’t Life Grand makes a great first impression. It certainly did for its owners, who had searched for a cabin in Blue Ridge for over 10 years. “With its updated design, cozy charm and great location, we knew it was ‘the one,’” they say. “When we are here, we feel at home.” We believe you will too.
Built on over two secluded acres just five miles from the shops and restaurants of downtown Blue Ridge, six miles from Grumpy Old Men Brewery, three miles from Bear Claw Vineyards & Winery, and 12 miles from the Aska Adventure Area, the cabin is surrounded by hiking trails that bring you close to nature. You can explore the Swinging Bridge, go fishing on the Toccoa river, hunt for antiques, or hit the links at Old Toccoa Farm, highly rated by Golf magazine.
Inside, the cabin is professionally decorated in a modern rustic style, mixing cedar, shiplap, and live edge siding that creates a warm and welcoming feel. Cathedral ceilings and a wall of windows that frame the view (sunrises are especially spectacular) make for a perfect setting.
The open plan main living area is comfortably outfitted with a plush high-end sofa with modern swivel chairs, a rustic reclaimed wood coffee table and accent table, a cowhide rug, floor-to-ceiling stacked stone gas log fireplace and a 60” Smart TV with DISH Network. Just bring your Netflix and Amazon logins and you’re in!
The adjacent kitchen is well-appointed and fully stocked, with soft-close cabinets, granite countertops, stainless steel appliances including a gas range and oven, refrigerator with icemaker and InstaView door-in-door feature, drip and Keurig coffeemakers and a crockpot. There’s seating for six at the dining table and two at the counter.
One level below in the game room, you’ll find a regulation pool table, a Multicade with 60 classic arcade games, cornhole, board games, a wet bar with beverage fridge, a stacked stone gas log fireplace and a comfy leather sofa and oversized chair to sink into while watching the 52” DISH-equipped Smart TV. Several vintage signs decorate the walls, including one from the beauty salon her grandmother operated out of her garage.
Step outside the back doors and you’ll enjoy the ultimate in outdoor living, with a stacked stone wood-burning fireplace, gas grill, a seating area with a couch, oversized swivel chairs, rockers and a dining table for six. On the lower deck, you can relax in the six-seat hot tub - complete with 35 jets, a waterfall feature, four Bluetooth speakers and color-changing lights - or head down to the fire pit to make S’Mores.
At day’s end, you’ll sleep soundly in one of three comfortable bedrooms, each professionally decorated, lit by recessed can lights, and cooled by a ceiling fan. The upstairs master has a king bed, 48” TV, a great mountain view, and a private bath with walk-in shower. There’s also a reading loft on this level, furnished with a cozy glider and ottoman. The main level bedroom has a queen bed, 48” TV, and a separate bath with walk-in shower and washer/dryer in the closet. The downstairs bedroom, great for kids, has custom-built double bunk beds and a unique mini barn door covering the window that fills the room with natural light. Need an extra bed? There’s a rollaway cot in the closet.
The access road to the cabin is paved and easy, with no 4WD needed, and there’s a well maintained gravel driveway. In fact, everything about your stay will be easy and carefree, from the time you arrive to the time you leave. At Ain’t Life Grand, you’ll discover that life is grand indeed. Amenities
- Unlimited WiFi
- Cabin sleeps 9 (1 king, 1 queen, 2 sets of twin bunkbeds, 1 roll away cot)
- Game Room - regulation pool table, Multicade with 60 arcade games, cornhole, board games; wet bar with beverage fridge, bar table with 2 bar chairs; stone gas fireplace, leather sofa, oversized chair, ottoman, 52” Smart TV
- Outdoor - covered front porch, stacked stone wood burning fireplace, 52” Smart TV, couch, 2 oversized swivel chairs, coffee table; main level covered deck, patio table seats 6, gas grill, rockers; lower patio, wicker sofa and 2 chairs, hot tub seats 6; fire pit seats 4
- Interior - natural wood, warm drywall finishes, ceiling fans
- Kitchen - fully equipped main level kitchen, stainless steel appliances, oven, custom cabinets, granite counter tops, breakfast bar seats 2, kitchen utensils, microwave, crockpot, blender, toaster, coffeemaker, Keurig
- Dining Room - dining table seats 6, breakfast bar seats 2
- Media - DISH Network, Smart TV streaming entertainment (sign-in to your subscription channels), local telephone
- Family Room - plush sofa, 2 leather swivel chairs, stone gas fireplace, 60” Smart TV, side table, coffee table, lamps
- Loft - glider, ottoman, side table, lamp
- Bedrooms - upper level master bedroom, king bed, 48” Smart TV, dresser, night stands, lamps, chair, ceiling fan; main level bedroom, queen bed, 48” Smart TV, dresser, rug, ceiling fan; downstairs bedroom, custom-built double twin bunk beds, dresser, 2 bean bag chairs, lamp, rug, ceiling fan, roll away cot in closet
- Bathrooms - upper level master bath, walk-in shower, granite top double vanity; main level bath, walk-in shower, granite top vanity; downstairs bath, tub/shower combo, granite top vanity
- Laundry - washer and dryer on main level bathroom closet
- Central HVAC
- Drive to Cabin - paved roads to cabin, gravel driveway with security camera pointed to driveway
- Other cabin nearby is Sunset Pointe