A relaxed and cozy place that is ready to welcome you for your dream vacation - it’s Away to the Lake! Away to the Lake is a wonderful cabin about 3 miles off Aska Road situated on a secluded cove across from the Lake Blue Ridge Recreation Area on Dry Branch Road, perfect for your escape to Blue Ridge.
Make your way to the lake down the hillside, staired pathway, equipped with a handrail and solar lights, to the dock on deep water. Your hike is rewarded with beautiful lake view and a place for sunning, swimming, or taking a short paddle to several small islands or to a new fishing spot. You can conveniently launch your boat and water recreational vehicles mid-March through mid-September from the Dry Branch Road launch located at the end of the cove. Being on the lake will truly make you feel like you’re worlds away, but you’re still close enough to the fun of Downtown Blue Ridge!
The pinewood cabin gives a calm and relaxing feel all around. It’s a picture-perfect place perfect for making memories with your loved ones. Enjoy watching your favorite shows on the Smart TV in the living room and settle in with a glass of wine in front of the fireplace.
Ready for more play? The game room is complete with another sizable Smart TV, a pool table/ping pong table, puzzles, board games, and a convenient dry bar and refrigerator. Kids young and the young at heart will have a blast here. There’s even a retro Super Nintendo for your favorite games!
The outdoor amenities are perfect for enjoying the mountain lake surroundings. Enjoy soaking in the hot tub after a long day on the lake. Enjoy making s’mores at the smokeless fire pit, complete with plenty of outdoor seating. The picnic table is the perfect place to eat a good meal from the gas grill outside, too.
As the evening comes, the bedrooms await you for the most comfortable sleep of your life. Each queen-sized bedroom has a Smart TV, and the upstairs bedroom has a balcony. Perfect for both sunrises and sunsets with your favorite beverage. Spend some time looking at the stars and taking it all in.
Your stay at Away on the Lake is the opportunity to experience all the wonderful outdoor activities Blue Ridge offers. And along with all the watersports, hiking, canoeing, and kayaking, you’re not far from Blue Ridge’s great restaurants and shopping, too, rounding out the perfect Blue Ridge vacation.
Come venture to Away to the Lake with us and cast your worries aside. We’ll see you soon! Amenities
- Unlimited Wi-Fi
- Cabin sleeps - 10 (3 queens, 4 twin bunk beds)
- Game Room - pool table/ping pong table, board games, puzzles, Retro Super Nintendo, dry bar, two barstools, 65” Smart TV, sectional sofa, coffee table, side table, rug, lamp
- Outdoor - main level deck, dining table seats 6, 2 Adirondack chairs and table, rug, gas grill, prep table with pass-thru window to kitchen, smokeless fire pit with 4 Adirondack chairs, outdoor seating, picnic table with umbrella seats 6-7, gas grill; lower covered deck, patio table, 4 patio chairs, hot tub seats 4; side table w/cooler, rug; covered dock with boat slip 3 jet ski ports, 6 patio chairs, 2 lounge chairs, ladder
- Interior - pine wood, cabin decor, ceiling fans
- Kitchen - fully equipped main level kitchen, wood cabinets, granite countertops, stainless steel appliances, oven, kitchen utensils, toaster, crockpot, drip coffeemaker (bring basket filters), Keurig
- Dining Room - dining table seats 6 to 7
- Media - Smart TVs (sign-in to your subscription channels), local telephone
- Family Room - 2 leather sofas, wood-burning fireplace, 65” Smart TV, coffee table, rug, lamps
- Bedroom - main level bedroom, queen bed, 32” Smart TV, night stand, phone charger, reading lights, mirror, lamp, ceiling fan; second main level bedroom, queen bed, 32” Smart TV, night stands, lamps with phone chargers, ceiling fan; upstairs bedroom, queen bed, balcony access with table and two chairs, 32” Smart TV, dresser, night stands, phone charger, lamps, ceiling fan; downstairs level 4 twin bunks
- Bathroom - main level bathroom, single vanity, tub/shower combo; upstairs bathroom, single vanity, walk-in tiled shower; downstairs bathroom, tub/shower combo, single vanity; hairdryers each
- Laundry - washer and dryer, retractable clothesline, iron and ironing board on downstairs level
- Central HVAC - separate split system upstairs bedroom
- Driveway - gravel road to cabin, gravel driveway; if bring own watercraft, recommend more convenient to launch/drop at Dry Branch boat launch prior to arrival