Bear Branches isn’t your average North Georgia mountain cabin. A magnificent secluded, wooded rental property located in the Aska Adventure area. This unique vacation home is an elegant blend of rustic charm and modern amenities, with furnishings and décor you won’t see anywhere else.
Its owner—an artist, weaver, quilt maker and interior designer—named it in punning style for the naked tree branches that framed it the winter she first visited. Her exquisite taste and handiwork is represented throughout the cabin, from the antiques and artwork she has collected on her travels to the handmade quilts, rugs and miniature furniture she made and the rustic custom furniture pieces she commissioned. Even the landscaping, with a spectacular Japanese maple as the centerpiece, has the artist’s touch.
The interior is bright, warm and welcoming, with knotty pine ceilings and walls, hardwood floors, and ceiling fans to keep the spacious rooms comfortable. The décor is interesting and eclectic, with original artwork, hand-knotted floor coverings, and unusual handmade pottery and ceramics providing pleasing texture and color.
In the living room, alongside a wood-burning fireplace, leather sofa, Morris-style chair with ottoman, and an antique coffee table, you’ll find a pair of custom chairs with built-in writing tables, designed by the owner to resemble old-style schoolroom chairs. They’re carved with the names and initials of the owner’s children and grandchildren, but guests are kindly requested not to carve any new additions.
Rustic hardwood cabinetry and furnishings and modern amenities blend harmoniously in the open kitchen, where you’ll find granite countertops, microwave, toaster oven, toaster, garbage disposal, Cuisinart drip and single serve Nespresso coffeemakers, and two sets of handmade art/pottery dinnerware, mugs and serving pieces. The dining room has both a breakfront and chest filled with beautiful handmade pottery serving pieces and quilted placemats made by the owner. The table comfortably seats nine, but you can enjoy your meals—and prepare them too—out on the main level deck, which has ample seating, including picnic/dining tables, a loveseat swing and a glider. A Weber gas grill is adjacent for your barbecuing pleasure. Head down to the lower deck to soak in the hot tub and warm yourself by the fire pit at the end of a perfect day.
When it’s time to turn in, you’ll have your pick of five spacious bedrooms, all with handmade patchwork quilts and tapestries. The upstairs master suite has a king bed, 58” TV in the adjacent loft, and a private bath with a soaking tub and walk-in shower. It opens onto its own private deck with sofa and chairs. There is even a Keurig coffeemaker for you to enjoy your morning java in private.
On the main level, one bedroom has a king bed and 43” TV and the other has a queen bed, 46” TV and French doors opening onto the deck. The shared bathroom features a tub/shower combo. Downstairs, adjacent to the game room, there’s a king bed and a 43” TV in one bedroom, which has deck access, and a twin over twin bunk bed in the other - perfect for the kids. The bathroom on this level has a stall shower.
The cabin’s other amenities include a game room with 65” TV and pool table, air hockey, board games, WiFi, laundry room, gravel driveway and a two-car carport. If you choose Bear Branches, you can bring up to two small dogs with you to enjoy your special vacation, surrounded by fine art and the beauty of nature.Amenities
- Unlimited WiFi
- Cabin sleeps 12 (3 king, queen, double futon, twin bunk beds)
- Game Room - regulation size billiards table, air-hockey table, 65” flat screen TV, cast iron gas fireplace, 2 chairs, stools, rocker, leather sofa and lots of fun antiques
- Outdoor - wrap-around main level deck, side tables, glider, hanging swing loveseat, wicker sofa, rockers, chairs, dining table seats 6, picnic table seats 6, ceiling fans; carport, with built-in tables, Weber gas grill; master private balcony with sofa, coffee table, chair, side table; lower deck, hot tub seats 6, bench, stools, 2 Adirondack chairs, side table; fire pit, 4 Adirondack chairs
- Interior - wood tongue and groove, warm drywall finishes, ceiling fans
- Kitchen - fully equipped main level kitchen, black and stainless appliances, wooden cabinets, granite countertops, kitchen utensils, microwave, toaster, toaster oven, coffeemaker, Nespresso single-cup espresso coffee maker
- Dining Room - dining table seats 9 and a 42” TV
- Media - DirecTV, local telephone
- Loft - 58” flat screen TV with DVD, double size EZ lounger/futon, leather sofa, coffee table, bench, rug, game table seats 4, ceiling fan, board games and accents of original American Indian art. Spacious enough to relax with all of your cabin-mates!
- Family Room - leather sofa, stone wood burning fireplace, coffee table, custom chairs, a rustic “Morris” chair and ottoman, end table, lamps, hand-made rug
- Bedrooms - upstairs master bedroom suite (adjoining Loft), king bed, dresser, vanity table and chair, Keurig coffee maker, bench, night stands, lamps, ceiling fan, private balcony with sofa, coffee table, chair, side table; main level bedroom, king bed, 43” flat screen TV, dresser, night stands, lamps, bench, ceiling fan; second main level bedroom, queen bed, 46” flat screen TV, dresser, night stands, lamps, rug, rocker, ceiling fan, deck access; downstairs bedroom, king bed, 43” flat screen TV, night stands, lamps, bench, ceiling fan, rug; lower deck access, second downstairs bedroom (next to game room and air hockey), twin over twin bunk bed, desk, chair, lamp
- Bathrooms - upstairs master bath, walk-in shower, soaking tub, granite double vanity; main level bath, tub/shower combo, live-edge wooden top vanity; downstairs bath, shower, rustic vanity
- Pet Friendly - up to 2 well behaved dogs with prior management approval
- Laundry Room - washer and dryer downstairs
- Central HVAC throughout
- Driveways - paved roads to cabin, gravel driveways to main and lower levels, 2 car carport
- Walking distance to Laurel Valley Lodge, short driving distance to Mountain Vista