If you are imagining a scenic mountain getaway that the whole family will enjoy when searching for your North Georgia cabin rental, look no further than EddieBear! This inviting cabin was named for the owners’ constant canine companion Eddie, who loved being in the mountains. The cabin even has a fenced-in yard so everyone, including your best buddy, can safely play in the beautiful outdoors.
Ideally located in the Aska Adventure Area with world-class fly fishing, kayaking and tubing in the Toccoa River, hiking trails and Lake Blue Ridge right down the road, EddieBear is also only a 5 minute drive to the delicious dining, boutique shopping and breweries of quaint Downtown Blue Ridge.
Perched on a wooded hillside with sweeping mountain views, the cabin has a traditional log cabin exterior and warm pine interior that beckons you to step in and start relaxing. A striking wood-burning fireplace made with large river stones will keep you warm as you stretch out on the leather sofa or reclining armchair and watch the game or read by the light of the distinctive wine barrel chandelier. The main level is open and airy with a large country dining table and a fully-equipped kitchen with granite countertops and picture windows that is perfect for preparing and enjoying treats like a warm apple pie made with nearby Mercier Orchards apples. The rustic wildlife-themed décor throughout the cabin continues on the spacious screened-in back deck, where you can take in the stunning panoramic mountain views from any of the sitting areas including whiskey barrel tables, rocking chairs, Adirondack chairs, and a handmade live wood table where you can feast on the delights coming off the gas grill.
Step down to the lower level into the game room and engage in some friendly competition at the dart board or billiards table that converts to a ping-pong table, a poker table and even a roulette table! There is a flat screen TV and an adjacent kids room with a chalkboard wall, games, small rocking chairs, and a pullout sofa. As you venture outside onto the lower deck, sink into the steamy waters of the hot tub, recline in the wooden lounge chairs, or have a snack at the wooden table that seats four. Directly off the deck is the fenced-in yard where you can play or gather around the fire pit and roast marshmallows for S’mores you can eat at the nearby picnic table.
When you are ready to hibernate, choose from the upper level master suite with a king bed, matching wooden furnishings, flat screen TV, an ensuite bathroom with a double vanity and Jacuzzi tub and a private balcony with wicker love seat, chairs and coffee table. The main level has two bedrooms, one with a wooden queen bed with pine tree accents and the other one with a queen log bed and private deck access. There is an adjacent full bathroom with a tub/shower combo and single granite vanity on the main level. The lower level bedroom has a queen log bed, bear bench and a full bathroom down the hall with a walk-in shower and single granite vanity.
Whether you are watching an incomparable mountain sunrise or star-gazing by the cracking fire, let the peaceful, easy feeling of EddieBear envelop you as you make lasting memories with your loved ones that will have you longing to return to this extraordinary cabin!Amenities
- Unlimited WiFi
- Cabin sleeps 8 (king, 3 queens)
- Game Room - billiards table that converts to a ping pong table, poker table or roulette table, dart board, 42” flat screen TV with DVD player, stereo, Amish-style electric fireplace, 3 stools, 2 wooden chairs, wooden bench
- Outdoor - main level screened-in deck, 3 rocking chairs, area rug, side table, floor lamp, 2 whiskey barrel tables with 2 stools each, pub-height live edge wood table seats 4, 2 wooden Adirondack chairs, wooden bench, gas grill; private balcony off master, 2 wicker chairs and loveseat with cushions, coffee table; lower deck, hot tub seats 6, 2 wooden lounge chairs with side table, round wooden table seats 4; fenced in yard, fire pit, 2 Adirondack chairs, picnic table seats 6
- Interior - tongue and grove, warm drywall finishes, ceiling fans
- Kitchen - fully equipped main level kitchen, black and stainless steel appliances, granite countertops, natural wood cabinets, kitchen utensils, microwave, coffeemaker
- Dining Room - large country dining table seats 8
- Media - Dish TV, local telephone
- Family Room - leather sofa, Lazy Boy leather recliner, western-print armchair, ottoman, 3 end tables with lamps, large river stone wood-burning fireplace with wood mantle, 47” flat screen TV with DVD player, area rug
- Bedrooms - upper level master bedroom, king bed, 2 side tables with lamps, dresser, 40” flat screen TV with DVD player, French doors out to private balcony, closet; main level bedroom, queen log bed, matching side table with lamp; second main level bedroom with queen wooden bed with pine accents, side table with lamp, bench seat, floor lamp, ceiling fan, deck access; downstairs bedroom with large log queen bed, bear bench , night stand, lamp, floor lamp, ceiling fan
- Bathrooms - upper level master bath, Jacuzzi tub, walk-in shower, double vanity; main level bath, tub/shower combo, single granite vanity; lower level bath, walk-in shower, single granite vanity
- Child Amenities - play room downstairs with chalkboard wall, 2 child rocking chairs, kid games, pullout couch; fenced-in yard
- Pet Friendly - dog-friendly for 2 well behaved dogs with prior management approval, fenced-in yard
- Laundry - washer and dryer on lower level
- Central HVAC
- Driveway – paved driveway