Imagine a charming country farmhouse surrounded by 2.7 acres of lush, green fields, beautiful woods, and a flowing creek in the backyard, just a short 15-minute drive from downtown Blue Ridge. If this sounds like your perfect dream vacation, you can make it come true at Firefly Farmhouse.
Drive through the private community’s gate, and as soon as you reach the clearing, the wide-open space of this verdant farm landscape washes over you. Nature is all around, from Fightingtown Creek gently flowing below to the wildlife you can spot on the property.
Arise early in the morning when it’s still misty and you might see deer grazing and frolicking in the meadow. Bunnies and birds are regular visitors, including cardinals and turkeys in the spring. If you hear a strange bird call coming from behind the creek, it’s the pet peacock of a distant neighbor. And when the sun goes down in the summertime, the fireflies that give the cabin its name come out in multitudes. With such little light pollution in the mountains, the stars twinkle brighter than ever in the night sky and the fireflies synchronize their dancing light show with them for double the glow.
Custom-built and beautifully designed in modern farmhouse style, this impressive home draws you in the moment you walk inside, inviting you to relax and unwind. The bright and airy industrial-style interior checks all the boxes with an open floor plan, floor-to-ceiling stone gas fireplace, a handsome staircase to the upstairs loft, and screened-in porch off the second story bedroom that offers a breathtaking view of the creek.
The main floor living area is the heart of the home, and you’ll gather and relax there by the fireplace to watch the 55” Smart TV with sound bar and subwoofer. Chefs will love the adjacent kitchen, handsomely outfitted with custom wormhole cabinetry, farmhouse porcelain sink, custom kitchen island with copper prep sink, stainless steel appliances including gas stove, electric oven and refrigerator with icemaker, a crockpot and drip coffeemaker. The dining table seats four, plus four at the island.
Also, on the main level, the master bedroom features a king bed, walk-in closet, 32” Smart TV with Roku, screened-in porch access and a private bath with tub/shower and granite counter with double vanity. There are two bedrooms upstairs, one with a king bed, screened-in balcony access, walk-in closet, and 42” Smart TV, and the other in the open loft, with a queen bed, leather sofa, 42” Smart TV with Roku, wet bar with mini-fridge and a Keurig coffeemaker so you can have your morning Joe in bed or on the private screened-in balcony. The upstairs bath features a walk-in shower, towel warming rack, granite counter and double vanity. Laundry facilities are located in the half bath on the main floor.
Step outside onto the wraparound main level screened-in porch and you’ll find a double-sided wood-burning fireplace, outdoor dining table and plenty of comfortable seating. Bring your fishing pole down to the creek or enjoy a quick dip to cool off from the summer heat.
Adventure awaits nearby: fly fishing and tubing on the Toccoa River, boating on Lake Blue Ridge, apple picking at Mercier Orchards, golfing at Old Toccoa Farm, exploring hiking and horseback riding trails, shopping in town, watching a drive-in movie, and taking in the magnificent Long Creek Falls.
But there’s plenty of entertainment right on the property. The fenced-in yard and level play area is great for tossing a football, and the home is wired for fun with Hulu, Netflix and Amazon Prime streaming services, using your subscription log-in. Or unplug and let nature entertain you: kick up your feet, exhale and listen to the tranquil sound of the creek flowing through the back yard as you escape in this mountain utopia.Amenities
- Unlimited WiFi
- Old Toccoa Farm Golf Privileges at Member Discounted Rates
- Cabin sleeps 6 (2 kings, queen)
- Outdoor - covered wrap around front porch, cornhole and bocce ball set (under front porch), loveseat, gas grill; main level screened-in porch, loveseat, 2 chairs, outdoor farm table seats 6, stacked stone double sided wood burning fireplace, ceiling fan, back side of fireplace with 2 chairs and coffee table; large level fenced in yard; Fightingtown Creek frontage just behind fenced yard
- Interior - modern farmhouse inspired with several wood finishes, warm stucco finishes, ceiling fans
- Kitchen - fully equipped main level kitchen, stainless steel appliances, custom cabinets, granite countertops, kitchen island with copper prep sink and seats 4, kitchen utensils, microwave, blender, hand mixer, crockpot, coffeemaker
- Dining Room - dining table seats 4; kitchen island seats 4
- Media - streaming entertainment, Hulu+Live TV included, access to Netflix, Amazon Prime, YouTube (sign-in to your subscription channels), local telephone
- Family Room - sofa, 2 swivel/rocking chairs, stacked stone gas fireplace, 55” Smart TV with Hulu and soundbar with subwoofer, coffee table, chair with ottoman, end tables, lamps, rug, ceiling fan, board games, cards, access to main level screened-in deck
- Loft - open loft with queen bed, wet bar with mini frig and Keurig coffeemaker, “42” Roku TV with Hulu, night stands, lamps, leather sofa, chair, rug, ceiling fans
- Bedrooms - main level master bedroom, king bed, 32” Roku TV with Hulu, night stands, lamps, dresser, chair, rug, ceiling fan, access to main level screened-in deck; upstairs bedroom, king bed, 42” Smart TV with Hulu, night stands, lamps, dresser, chair, rug, ceiling fans, walk-in closet with barn door, access to screened-in private balcony with 2 rockers and side table and view of Fightingtown Creek on property
- Bathrooms - main level master bath, tub/shower combo, granite double vanity; main level half bath; upstairs walk-in shower, granite double vanity
- Laundry - washer and dryer in main floor half bath
- Central HVAC
- Driveway - paved roads to private community gate, long flat gravel driveway and security camera in use