Secluded high on the edge of a hilltop ridge that inspired its name, Livin’ on the Edge offers the peace, privacy and seclusion of a mountain hideaway and all the fun and outdoor adventure that you crave in a vacation.
Less than seven miles from downtown Blue Ridge and popular eateries like Chester Brunnenmeyer's Bar & Grill and Black Sheep Restaurant, the cabin is located in the heart of the Aska Adventure Area, close to Lake Blue Ridge for pontoon boating and Tank Town USA, where you can drive a real tank over junk cars. You’ll return from a long day of activities to the quiet of the cabin to roast marshmallows over the fire pit, play pool or foosball, or soak in the hot tub while you take in the magnificent view.
Inside, the cabin is rustic and cozy, comfortably furnished and decorated and positioned to maximize the long-range vistas that will astound you from sunrise to sunset. The main level great room comprises the living room, kitchen and dining area, with a stacked stone gas fireplace, 55” TV, and a fully-stocked kitchen featuring painted cabinets, quartz countertops, stainless steel appliances, gas stove/oven, icemaker, crockpot, and drip coffeemaker. The dining table and bench, refinished family heirlooms, seat 8, plus two at the breakfast bar. On the wall above the table is a wooden American flag, made by local veterans.
With room for nine guests, the accommodations are ideal for a large family or group of friends. The main level master bedroom has a king-size log bed, deck access, and bath with tub and shower, and there’s a twin daybed in the adjacent loft area. The upstairs bedroom also has a king log bed, and deck access, with a porch swing right outside the door. Its private bath has a walk-in shower. The downstairs is like a separate apartment, with a queen bed, full-size pull-out sofa sleeper, a pool table, foosball table and board games, a washer and dryer, and bathroom with a walk-in shower. All bedrooms have 27” TVs.
If you love to barbecue, you’ll find a gas grill on the main level deck, a picnic table, and plenty of seating to kick back in and enjoy the Georgia mountain air. Other amenities include WiFi, Dish Network, a child rocking chair and ceiling fans throughout the cabin. And you don’t have to leave your canine best friend behind. Livin’ on the Edge is pet-friendly, so you can bring your dog with you to share this very special mountain vacation experience.Amenities
- Unlimited WiFi
- Cabin sleeps 9 (2 kings,queen, day bed, full sleeper sofa)
- Game Room - billiards table, foosball, 48” flat screen TV, board games, full sleeper sofa, rug, rockers, ceiling fan
- Outdoor - front porch; main level deck, 2 rockers, side table, picnic table seats 6, gas grill; lower screened-in deck, hot tub seats 6, side table, 2 rockers, ceiling fan; fire pit, 5 chairs, side table
- Interior - natural wood, ceiling fans
- Kitchen - fully equipped main level kitchen, stainless steel appliances, custom cabinets, quartz countertops, kitchen utensils, microwave, breakfast bar seats 2, crockpot, coffeemaker
- Dining Room - dining table seats 8
- Media - Dish Network, local telephone
- Family Room - sectional sofa, 2 chairs, ottoman, stacked stone gas fireplace, 55” flat screen TV, coffee table, end tables, side table, lamp, rug, desk and chair, ceiling fan
- Loft - twin day bed, night stand, lamp, rug
- Bedrooms - main level bedroom, king bed, 27” flat screen TV, dresser, night stand, lamp, rug, ceiling fan, deck access; upstairs bedroom, king bed, dresser, night stands, lamps, rug, ceiling fan, balcony access with swing; downstairs bedroom, queen bed, 27” flat screen TV, dresser, chair, night stands, lamps, ceiling fan
- Bathrooms - main level bath, tub/shower combo, vanity; upstairs master bath, walk-in shower, vanity; downstairs bath, walk-in shower, vanity
- Pet friendly - up to 2 well behaved dogs with prior management approval
- Laundry - washer and dryer downstairs
- Drive to Cabin - gravel roads to cabin, gravel driveway
- Other Cabins Nearby - The Edison, Triple Vista Mountain Tops, Songbird Ridge