Whether you seek the perfect place to vacation with your large family, want to get away for a week with the guys, gals or couples on your BFF list, or celebrate a special occasion event in Georgia mountain style, Lonesome Dove will fill the bill.
This beautifully landscaped, custom-built showplace sits on 5.5 magnificent acres on a private wooded hillside just a mile from downtown Blue Ridge, with spectacular long-range mountain vistas to greet you from dusk till dawn.
This verdant property includes a lovely garden with a waterfall and a lush expanse of lawn beyond it. It’s the ideal setting for family fun, whether it’s a casual game of football or soccer or a special occasion celebration like a birthday or holiday. And popular destinations like horseback riding, ziplining, rafting, wineries, orchards, the Toccoa River and Lake Blue Ridge are just minutes away.
Lonesome Dove’s interior is pretty spectacular, too, with features you won’t find elsewhere. Designed and decorated by the original owner’s wife, its furniture is hand-crafted from material obtained at yard sales and auctions in Wyoming, and its logs were cut from standing dead timber there and in Idaho. Real fossils, gathered near Wyoming’s Fossil Butte National Monument, are incorporated into the decor including the kitchen’s countertop. Rugs, antler chandeliers, and of course the cabin’s name—from the television series—represent the western/southwestern theme throughout the rustically elegant home.
The open-plan main living area incorporates the family room, dining room and kitchen: a bright and airy space under a soaring ceiling, with a comfortable leather seating, a stone gas fireplace, 55” flat screen TV, and a spacious cooking and dining area with a butler’s pantry, stone hearth, large island with sink, stainless steel appliances including a double size refrigerator, electric stove/oven, crockpot and drip coffeemaker. The dining table seats up to 10, plus 4 at the breakfast bar.
Downstairs, you’ll find another unique feature of the home: a separate apartment encompassing a bedroom with a king bed, full bathroom, sitting area with 55” flat screen TV, and a kitchen with stove/oven, dishwasher, and refrigerator.
The other four bedrooms also have king beds, custom hand-carved furniture and full bathrooms. The master bedroom, with its impressive log four-poster bed, has an ensuite bathroom with double shower, double vanities, a copper bathtub, and gas fireplace. The other two main level bedrooms share a bath with shower and tub. All three have deck access. Upstairs in the loft bedroom, there’s a foosball table, a cabinet full of board games, and a bathroom. There’s an additional half guest bath on the main level.
The screened-in, covered porch provides a congenial, comfortable place to gather around the gas fireplace to watch the 32” flat screen TV and enjoy the incredible view. There’s plenty of seating and a gas grill for your barbecuing pleasure, and a fire pit out front, so don’t forget the marshmallows.
Lonesome Dove’s amenities include wireless internet, cable TV, a washer/dryer, and paved driveway with double carport. You’re welcome to bring small dogs (under 40 pounds) to enjoy an unforgettable vacation at this very special mountain retreat.Amenities
- Unlimited WiFi
- Cabin sleeps 10 (5 kings)
- Downstairs Kitchen - fully equipped main level kitchen, stainless steel appliances, custom cabinets, wood countertops, breakfast bar seats 2, kitchen utensils, microwave, coffeemaker, board games, 55” flat screen TV, recliner sofa, ceiling fan, patio access
- Outdoor - front porch; main screened-in porch, stone gas fireplace, 32” flat screen TV, patio table seats 6, gas grill, sofa, 2 chairs, ceiling fan; main level deck; fire pit with boulders seat 6, bench; large lawn for playing, waterfall feature
- Interior - tongue and groove wood, log beams and posts, ceiling fans
- Kitchen - fully equipped main level kitchen, stainless steel appliances, custom cabinets; butler pantry with sink, dishwasher, stove, coffee maker; fossil countertops, breakfast bar seats 6, kitchen utensils, microwave, crockpot, toaster, coffeemaker
- Dining Room - dining table seats 10
- Media - cable, local telephone
- Family Room - leather sectional sofa, stone gas fireplace, 55” flat screen TV, coffee table, end tables, lamps, rug, ceiling fan
- Loft - open bedroom, king bed, dresser, night stands, lamps, ceiling fan, foosball table, cabinets with board games
- Bedrooms - main level master bedroom, king bed, dresser, night stands, lamps, rugs, ceiling fan, deck access; second main level bedroom, king bed, dresser, night stands, lamps, rug, ceiling fan, deck access; third main level bedroom, king bed, dresser, night stands, lamps, rug, ceiling fan, deck access; downstairs bedroom, king bed, dresser, night stands, lamps, ceiling fan
- Bathrooms - main level master ensuite bath, double walk-in shower, copper bath with stone gas fireplace, copper sinks, double vanity, ceiling fan, rugs; second main level ensuite bath, tub/shower combo, double vanity; loft bath, tub/shower combo, double vanity; main level half bath; downstairs bath, tub/shower combo, double vanity
- Pet friendly - up to 2 well behaved dogs with prior management approval
- Laundry - washer and dryer main level with sink
- Central HVAC
- Drive to Cabin - paved roads to cabin, paved driveway with exterior security cameras in use, double car port