Surrounded by tranquility and the beauty of nature everywhere you look, staying at Mountain Blu is like being in an enchanted forest, with tall shady trees above you and the sound of the babbling creek below. Located on nearly four wooded acres in the private community of Mountain Tops, this magnificent, secluded property offers you the ultimate in mountain luxury.
As you approach it on a private road through the trees, you’ll be swept up in the grandeur of the pristine natural setting. Arrive early and you may see wisps of the morning fog that cast a blueish haze over the grounds that gives the cabin its name.
Inside, the all-pine home is equally impressive, with soaring 25-foot ceilings, massive support beams, hardwood floors, and lots of windows to let in light. The ambience is warm, inviting and comfortable, with ceiling fans to cool you and two fireplaces to keep you warm. The great room, kitchen and dining area on the open-plan main level is the heart of the home, with a floor to ceiling stone gas fireplace, rich leather seating and a 65” Smart TV to gather around. The spacious kitchen is a chef’s dream, with custom cabinets, granite countertops, stainless steel appliances, a GE Profile range, a refrigerator with icemaker, a crockpot, and Keurig coffeemaker. The dining table seats six, plus three at the island.
Downstairs in the game room, you’ll find a game table with cards and board games, gas stove and a 55” TV. But we have a hunch that you’ll want to spend a lot of your time out on the decks, where you can play darts or cornhole, relax by the fire, soak in the hot tub and grill your favorite dishes. There’s plenty of comfortable seating and two big open areas that are perfect for play, exercise or dancing. Or take a nature walk around the property and follow the paths that lead to the running creek and the pond.
When you want to venture further afield, you’ll find great antiquing, charming shops and great restaurants just four miles away in Blue Ridge. Nearby hiking, rafting, fishing, and ziplining destinations make the area a
true sportsman’s getaway.
After a day of activity, you’ll sleep deeply and in comfort in one of the cabin’s four bedrooms. The spacious main floor master is furnished with a queen-size custom hickory branch bed, a sitting area, huge closet, 43” TV and a private bath with double sinks, granite counters, and a double-size walk-in shower with two showerheads. The lower level bedroom has a queen bed, deck access, a 43” TV, and a private bath with tub and shower. The two upstairs bedrooms, one with a queen bed and 43” TV and the other with a futon and desk, share a bathroom with a jetted tub. There’s an additional half bath on the main floor.
Mountain Blu is also equipped with high-speed internet, cable, a washer/dryer in a closet off the master bath, and ample parking on the paved driveway. But its best feature is the magical experience you’ll enjoy while you’re there, and the memories that will linger long after you leave.Amenities
- Unlimited WiFi
- Cabin sleeps 8 (3 queens, futon)
- Game Room - game table seats 4, board games, 55” flat screen TV, gas stove, rockers, side tables, leather sofa, rug, coffee table, side tables, chairs, ceiling fan, French doors leading to deck
- Outdoor - covered front porch, gas grill; main level expansive screened in deck, wicker sofa and 2 chairs, coffee table, stone wood burning fireplace, flatscreen TV, chairs, side table, dining table seats 6, swing, table seats 4, ceiling fan; lower expansive covered deck, dart board, 2 chase lounges, 4 rocking chairs, hot tub seats 6, ceiling fan; swing near small pond and running creek on property
- Interior - natural wood, warm drywall finishes, ceiling fans
- Kitchen - fully equipped main level kitchen, stainless steel appliances, custom cabinets, granite countertops, kitchen island seats 3, kitchen utensils, microwave, blender, crockpot, coffeemaker
- Dining Room - dining table seats 6; kitchen island seats 3
- Media - cable, local telephone
- Family Room - 2 leather recliners, leather sofa, 65” flat screen TV, side tables, coffee table, stone gas fireplace, lamps, rug, ceiling fan, French doors leading to deck
- Bedrooms - main level master bedroom, queen bed, 43” flat screen TV, dresser, night stands, lamps, chairs, rug, sitting area, ceiling fan; upstairs bedroom, queen bed, 43” flat screen TV, dresser, night stands, lamp, rug, ceiling fan; second upstairs bedroom, futon, dresser, night stands, lamp, bench, ceiling fan; downstairs bedroom, queen bed, 43” flat screen TV, night stands, lamps, bench, ceiling fan
- Bathrooms - main level master bath, 2 headed walk-in shower, granite top double vanity; main level half bath; upstairs bath, jetted tub, vanity; downstairs bath, walk-in shower, vanity
- Laundry - washer and dryer on main level in closet off master bath
- Central HVAC
- Driveway - paved roads to cabin, paved driveway