Standing tall on the lakeshore, its steeply pointed roof and angled deck resembling the prow of a ship, the Blue Ridge mountain cabin rental Southern Comfort offers you two vacation destinations in one: a magnificent mountain retreat and an aquatic playground that boating, fishing and swimming enthusiasts will love.
Located on Lake Blue Ridge near Morganton boat launch, this lovely lakefront property comes with its own double-decker dock with boat slip below and lounging area above with umbrella-shaded table, chairs and lounges. If you settle in there or on the cabin’s double deck, you’ll be treated to a magnificent year-round view. Sunsets are especially incredible, with the sun shining on the lake as it dips behind the mountains.
Southern Comfort has an all-wood interior, cooled by ceiling fans in every room and is designed with an open plan on the main level, with floor to vaulted ceiling windows facing the lake that optimize the spectacular view. You’ll find a mix of comfortable leather and rustic log furniture, stone gas fireplace, and such unique touches as an antler chandelier and table base, saddle bar stools, a rowboat bookcase, and a custom stone hood over the kitchen stove.
The kitchen also features stainless steel electric appliances, maple cabinets and countertops, a crockpot, and a coffeemaker, with seating for six at the dining table and two at the breakfast bar. When you want to dine outside, just fire up the gas grill, located on the covered deck on the main level. There’s also a screened-in porch on the lower level, with a gas fire pit, so don’t forget the marshmallows!
Southern Comfort has a game room with 60” DVD-equipped TV, board games, and books, and three cozy, comfortable bedrooms, all with handsome log furniture. The upstairs master suite has a vaulted ceiling, 32” Smart TV, walk-in closet, and bathroom with double sinks and Jacuzzi tub. The main level bedroom has a queen bed and 32” Smart TV, and a separate bath with walk-in shower, and the downstairs bedroom has a pair of twin beds. The adjacent bathroom has double sinks and a double size shower with dual showerheads. All bathrooms have wood cabinets and countertops, and hair dryers.
Other amenities include WiFi, cable TV, washer/dryer, and a paved driveway. The cabin is just six miles from downtown Blue Ridge.Amenities
- Unlimited WiFi
- Cabin sleeps 6 (king, queen, 2 twins)
- Downstairs Room - wet bar, bar with 3 saddle seats, desk and chair, lamp, 60” flat screen TV with DVD, 2 recliner loveseats, coffee table, side table, access to lower deck
- Outdoor - main level covered deck, rocking chairs, gas grill; lower level screened in porch, wicker loveseat and chairs, coffee table, rug; paver patio with gas fire pit, 4 Adirondack chairs; near dock, small wood deck, rocker bench; 2 level dock (available May to August), boat slip, top dock with table, 4 chairs, umbrella, 2 lounge chairs
- Interior - all wood construction, mountain laurel staircase, ceiling fans
- Kitchen - fully equipped main level kitchen, stainless steel appliances, wood countertops, maple cabinets, kitchen utensils, microwave, coffeemaker, crockpot
- Dining Room - dining table seats 6, 2 stools at kitchen counter
- Media - Cable TV, local telephone
- Family Room - sofa, leather armchair, 32” Smart TV, mountain rustic tables with antler base, side table, lamp, rocker, stone gas fireplace
- Bedrooms - upper level master bedroom, king bed, night stands, lamps, dresser, 32” Smart TV, bench, rug, ceiling fan; main level bedroom, queen bed, night stands, lamps, dresser, 32” Smart TV, bench, ceiling fan, rug; lower level bedroom, 2 twins, dresser, night stand, lamp, rug, ceiling fan
- Bathrooms - upper level master bath, Jacuzzi tub, tub/shower combo, double artisan sinks, wooden cabinets, walk-in closet; main level bath, walk-in shower, vessel rock sink, wooden cabinets; lower level bath, double walk-in shower with 2 shower heads, double vessel rock sinks, wooden cabinets
- Laundry - washer and dryer downstairs
- Central HVAC
- Driveway - paved roads to cabin, paved driveway