What do you want most in a vacation? If relaxation, recreation and the chance to connect with loved ones in a magnificent mountain setting top your list, you’ll find it - and so much more - at The Hideaway. Named in honor of the owner’s favorite grad school hangout, a laid-back, no-frills place that made guests feel comfortable and welcome, the cabin carries on that tradition: you’ll feel right at home from the moment you walk through the door.
This magnificent cabin sits on nearly two wooded acres, high on a hillside six miles from downtown Blue Ridge in the heart of the Aska Adventure Area. Hiking and biking trails, tubing on the Toccoa River, and kayak and pontoon boating rentals on Lake Blue Ridge are close by. Or you can take in a movie at the Swan Drive-in after a day of shopping and dining downtown.
But you don’t have to leave the property to have a fantastic time, even if you’re just kicking back and enjoying the view. Long-range vistas of the Georgia, North Carolina and Tennessee mountains greet you at every turn, and the sunsets are spectacular.
The visuals are just as breathtaking from inside, with a wall of enormous windows that frame the amazing picture-perfect view and bring the outside in. Constructed of pine tongue and groove and natural stone, the cabin has a majestic prow front, cathedral ceilings, hardwood floors and an uncluttered open plan design that maximizes light, space and comfort. Soothing earth tones color the rustic yet elegant decor.
In the main living area, you’ll gather in front of the gas log fireplace to watch the 52” HDTV mounted above it, and prepare your meals in a fully-stocked kitchen that’s truly a chef’s dream. Outfitted with custom hand-painted countertops, wood cabinetry, a large farm sink, stainless steel appliances including a refrigerator/freezer with icemaker and ice trays, gas stovetop and oven, a microwave, dishwasher, waffle iron, panini press, blender and drip and Keurig coffeemakers, it has everything you need to cook and serve a crowd.
In the master bedroom on the main level, you’ll find a king bed, deck access, a 54 Smart” TV, and a private bath with granite counter, dual vanity, walk-in tile shower and jacuzzi tub. The two upstairs bedrooms, one with a king bed and the other with a queen, share a bathroom with shower and tub. Each has a 48” Smart TV, as does the downstairs bedroom. Designed for kids, it has two sets of bunks: twin over twin and twin over queen, and its bathroom has a tub/shower combo. There’s an additional half bath on the main level with a toilet, wood counter and ceramic sink.
Downstairs in the game room, you’ll find a 48” HD Smart TV, gas fireplace, a wet bar with a beverage fridge, board games, puzzles and a Jack Daniel’s barrel game table with five stools. Both living areas open onto the decks, where you’ll find a wood-burning fireplace, white oak outdoor furniture, two handmade porch gliders, a 48” Smart TV, a gas grill, ceiling fans, and a two-seat swing. Whether you’re enjoying a cup of coffee in the morning, a brilliant evening sunset, or relaxing in the hot tub under the stars, the amazing view provides the perfect backdrop.
Other amenities include a washer/dryer, WiFi, Youtube TV, and ceiling fans throughout. You can bring fido with you to enjoy your one-of-a-kind getaway at The Hideaway.Amenities
- Unlimited WiFi
- Cabin sleeps 10 (2 kings, 2 queens, 3 twin beds)
- Game Room - shuffleboard, game table, stools, board games, puzzles, 48” Smart TV, stone gas fireplace, sofa, coffee table, wet bar with beverage refrigerator, 5 bar stools, ceiling fan
- Outdoor - covered deck, 2 gliders; main level covered deck, patio furniture, coffee table, side table, gas grill, stone wood burning fireplace, 48” Smart TV, ceiling fan; downstairs level covered side deck, hot tub seats 6, ceiling fan, porch swing
- Interior - natural wood, ceiling fans
- Kitchen - fully equipped main level kitchen, stainless steel appliances, oven, custom cabinets, custom hand-painted counter tops, breakfast bar seats 4, kitchen utensils, microwave, crockpot, blender, toaster, waffle iron, panini press, coffeemaker, Keurig
- Dining Room - dining table seats 6, breakfast bar seats 4
- Media - Youtube TV, Smart TV streaming entertainment (sign-in to your subscription channels), local telephone
- Family Room - sofa, lounging chairs, stone gas fireplace, 52” Smart TV, side tables, foot rest, lamps
- Bedrooms - main level master bedroom, king bed, 54” Smart TV, dresser, night stands, lamps, ceiling fan, deck access; upstairs bedroom, king bed, 48” Smart TV, dresser, night stands, lamps, ceiling fan; second upstairs bedroom, queen bed, 48” Smart TV, dresser, night stands, lamps, ceiling fan; downstairs bedroom, 3 twin beds, 1 queen bed, 48” Smart TV, ceiling fan
- Bathrooms - main level master bath, jacuzzi tub, walk-in shower, granite top double vanity; upstairs bath, tub/shower combo, granite top vanity; downstairs bath, tub/shower combo, granite top vanity; main level half bath, wood vanity
- Pet Friendly - up to 2 well behaved small dogs with prior management approval
- Laundry - washer and dryer downstairs
- Central HVAC
- Drive to Cabin - paved roads to cabin, gravel driveway
- Other cabin nearby is Aska Easy Day