Life can certainly be crazy. So it’s no wonder many people seek refuge in the peace and quiet of the mountains. For one couple, the allure of a secluded mountain home was too great to resist. Nestled in the hills outside of Blue Ridge, Georgia, their home is a sanctuary from the hustle and bustle of daily life and is ready for you. Welcome to the Otter Side, a peaceful and genuinely serene retreat.
The home, crafted with great care and attention to detail by a local builder, reflects the owner’s passion and dedication. They genuinely admire the unique custom mantels and paneling made from timber sourced from the property, as well as the distinct bar top that adds character to the cozy interior.
Staying in this tranquil setting is a true pleasure, with abundant wildlife adding to the experience. The cabin's namesake, a playful river otter, is a regular visitor to the nearby stream, offering hours of entertainment for everyone as you observe it fishing. In addition, the soothing sound of the babbling brook that runs by the property is a constant source of relaxation, whether taking advantage of one of the outdoor screened living areas or allowing it to lull guests to sleep at night.
Enjoy ample natural light, comfortable furnishings, and wonderful details throughout, including wood ceilings and beams, luxurious kitchen finishes, and even a glass walkway to one of the upstairs bedrooms! Even the bathrooms are luxurious. Every shower is unique and constructed differently. The basement shower is a steam shower, so it is similar to a mini sauna, and the master bathroom is finished with heated floors. From the game room, complete with a PacMan arcade, to the outdoor areas with their gas grill, hot tub, and fire pit, there is a place every single family member will be able to enjoy!
Despite being secluded, the home is conveniently located! Enjoy being just a 15-minute drive from downtown Blue Ridge. You will love all of the fun surrounding you, as well as the friendly locals and the welcoming ambiance of the town. There’s something for everyone in Blue Ridge.
For those seeking peace and serenity in nature, The Otter Side is a dream come true. The calming sound of the babbling brook, the playful wildlife, and the tranquil seclusion of the surroundings make this home the perfect refuge and the perfect place to escape.
- Unlimited WiFi
- Cabin sleeps 12 (3 kings, 2 queens, 1 twin trundle, 1 twin pullout chair)
- Game Room - pool table, card table seats 4, dart board, board games, 75” Smart TV, wet bar, mini refrigerator, bar top with 4 stools, barrell chair, Pacman arcade game, gas fireplace, 65” Smart TV, leather sofa, leather arm chair with ottoman, tic tac toe game, lamp, ceiling fan
- Outdoor - main level screened porch, 65” Smart TV, wood burning fireplace, half moon sectional, wicker sofa, 2 wicker chairs, ceiling fan; main level covered deck, sectional sofa, dining table, 2 wicker arm chairs, gas grill; lower level screened porch, 55” Smart TV, hot tub seats 6; lower level deck, petrified wood table with stools, Adirondack Tete-a-Tete table; fire pit pavillion, 4 Adirondack chairs
- Please note: Hunting and Fishing at this cabin is not allowed
- Interior - harvest wood beams, ceiling fans in all rooms, mountain luxury decor, glass catwalk upstairs
- Kitchen - fully equipped main level kitchen, stainless steel appliances, gas cooktop, electric oven, custom cabinetry, quartz countertops, quartz waterfall island, breakfast bar seats 3, kitchen utensils, microwave, crockpot, blender, toaster, drip coffeemaker (bring basket filters), Keurig
- Dining Room - dining table seats 6, breakfast bar seats 3
- Media - Smart TV streaming entertainment (sign-in to your subscription channels), cable, local telephone
- Family Room - 65” Smart TV, stacked stone gas fireplace, upholstered sofa, upholstered arm chair, coffee table, window bench, armoire, side table, large windows, ceiling fan
- Loft - accent chair, desk, chair, lamps, side table
- Bedroom - main floor master bedroom, Amish log style king bed, 65” Smart TV, dresser, nightstands, lamps, ceiling fans, screened porch deck access with 2 wicker chairs; upstairs bedroom, king bed, 50” Smart TV, dresser, nightstands, lamps, ceiling fan, private deck with patio furniture; second upstairs bedroom, king bed, twin pullout sofa chair, 50” Smart TV, dresser, side table, nightstands, lamps, ceiling fan; downstairs bedroom, 2 queen beds, twin trundle, 50” Smart TV, dresser, nightstands, lamps, ceiling fan, lower level screened porch access
- Bathroom - main floor ensuite master bathroom, walk-in shower with body jets, soaking tub, granite top double vanity, vessel sinks, heated floors; upstairs ensuite bathroom, walk-in shower with waterfall head, granite top vanity, vessel sink; second upstairs ensuite bathroom, walk-in shower with waterfall head, granite top vanity, vessel sink; downstairs ensuite bathroom, walk-in shower with steam shower, petrified wood vessel sink; main level half bathroom
- Pet Friendly - up to 2 well behaved dogs with prior management approval
- Laundry - washer and dryer on main level
- Central HVAC
- Driveway - gravel road to cabin, gravel driveway