If the word ‘treehouse’ conjures up memories of the little childhood playhouse your dad built in the old oak in the backyard, prepare to be astounded when you see Treehouse on the Lake. This magnificent tri-level cabin on Lake Blue Ridge is a bigger, better version of the private oasis you remember, with breathtaking water and mountain views and all the grown-up amenities you crave.
It sits on a cove with a private two-story boat dock, where you can fish or catch some rays. Just steps away, there’s a lakeside fire pit and a hot tub for those cool mountain evenings. You can fire up the gas grill for an alfresco feast—freshly caught fish, perhaps—that you can enjoy on the main level screened porch. There’s plenty of seating on the wraparound decks, including rocking chairs and a day bed swing, just waiting for you to settle in with a favorite beverage and take in the view.
Inside its front door—which has a tree carved into it—the cabin makes an equally strong impression, with exposed beams, log and branch construction and a modern-meets-rustic decor that blends rich woods, natural stone and earth colors in a relaxed, cozy style.
The main level open plan living area has a cathedral ceiling and large window to showcase the fabulous view. There’s a log and branch staircase, stacked stone gas fireplace, comfy leather sofa and recliners, and a 46” TV with DISH Network. The kitchen is state-of-the-art and well stocked, with custom stone and reclaimed wood countertops, black appliances including electric stove/oven, refrigerator with icemaker, and drip coffeemaker. The six-seat dining table expands to accommodate eight with a leaf, and there are four stools at the breakfast bar.
Downstairs on the lower level, there’s a den with a gas fireplace, 52” TV, a DVD player with surround sound and a Wii gaming system, and luxe leather sofas, one of which pulls out into a queen size bed.
The three bedrooms, one per level, each have king beds, ceiling fans, and deck access. Stay in the upstairs master and
you’ll have your own balcony with two chairs, a large private bath with double copper and stone sink vanities, a jetted tub and walk-in stone shower. The main and downstairs bedrooms each have separate bathrooms, both with copper and stone vanities; the bath on the main level has stone walk-in shower, and the downstairs bath has a tub/shower combo.
Located just 15 minutes from downtown Blue Ridge’s restaurants and shops, including the popular Chester’s, Black Sheep, and Three Sisters Fudge, this special home is in the heart of the Aska Adventure Area, where activities abound. Hikers and bikers will want to try the trails at Aska Road, Flat Creek and Long Branch loops, and Green Mountain trail.
The home has an on-demand hot water system, a washer/dryer in the downstairs hallway, and for your youngest, a fenced-in yard, level play area, board games, a Pack ‘N Play, a high chair, and child-friendly plates and forks.
If you love both the water and the mountains, you don’t have to choose between them if you choose to spend your vacation at Treehouse on the Lake. For a truly memorable vacation, it’s the best of both worlds. Amenities
- Unlimited WiFi
- Cabin sleeps 8 (3 kings, queen sleeper sofa)
- Downstairs Den - leather love seat, fabric queen sleeper sofa, sofa, stone gas fireplace, 52” flatscreen TV, Wii, side table, coffee table, lamp
- Outdoor - covered front porch, rocking chairs, bench; main level covered screened deck, patio table seats 6, swinging day bed, gas grill; lower level deck, pool table, air hockey; hot tub seats 8; lower patio, 2 chairs, coffee table; floating dock with seating on top level; fire pit, 4 rocking chairs
- Interior - natural wood, ceiling fans
- Kitchen - fully equipped main level kitchen, black appliances, oven, custom cabinets, custom stone counter tops, breakfast bar seats 4, kitchen utensils, microwave, crockpot, blender, toaster, coffeemaker
- Dining Room - dining table seats 6, breakfast bar seats 4
- Media - Dish Network, local telephone
- Family Room - sofa, leather lounging chairs, stone gas fireplace, 46” flatscreen TV, 2 chairs, side tables, coffee table, lamps
- Bedrooms - upstairs master bedroom, king bed, dresser, night stands, lamps, ceiling fan, rug, private balcony, 2 chairs; main level bedroom, king bed, dresser, night stands, lamps, ceiling fan, rug, deck access; downstairs bedroom, king bed, dresser, night stands, lamps, ceiling fan, deck access
- Bathrooms - upstairs master bath, jetted tub, stacked stone walk-in shower, stone top double vanity; main level bath, stone walk-in shower, stone top vanity; downstairs bath, tub/shower combo, stone top vanity; on demand hot water system
- Child Amenities - board games, Pack ‘N Play, a high chair, and child-friendly plates and forks
- Laundry - washer and dryer on main level
- Central HVAC
- Drive to Cabin - paved roads to cabin, paved driveway
- Other cabin nearby is Heaven on the Lake