Who doesn’t want to reconnect with nature, on a relaxing and peaceful vacation? Tumnus Ridge is the perfect retreat you’ve been looking for. Located in Morganton, GA, just 15 minutes from downtown Blue Ridge, on the edge of the Chattahoochee National Forest, this home-away-from-home is ready for your family and primed for your comfort.
One of the many hallmarks of the house are the absolutely tremendous outdoor spaces - all supporting the ability to truly relax, unplug and enjoy the serenity. There's a screened-in outdoor living room with a wood-burning fireplace that sits just above the custom-designed waterfall feature. The waterfall creates a relaxing sound of rushing water and seasonally, is home to chatty frogs enjoying themselves. Take a seat on the wrap around porch and admire the sunrise with your morning coffee as a family of deer wander by. Step into the top-of-the-line hot tub for a sunset soak or toast up some marshmallows and sing some campfire songs by the firepit.
As you enter the home, you’ll be greeted by immaculate floor-to-ceiling windows and comfortable couches to sink into after a long day taking it easy. This modern farmhouse with bohemian décor centers around an oversize living room, with a simple to use gas fireplace. Built for your comfort, the house has ceiling fans in all rooms, a plethora of entertainment options including smart TVs, a Bluetooth speaker for your convenience and plenty of games upstairs on the mezzanine.
The fully-stocked kitchen is a chef’s delight. From stemware to baking, it’s got it all. Feed the whole family in style with helpful tools like a six-egg poacher and smoothie Ninja. Indulge in some fun with a meal from the Le Creuset fondue pot or a toast with bourbon or wine in the lovely stemware. Whether it’s a sit-down farmhouse dinner at the dining room table, or a hotdog from the gas grill on the deck, this house is all about winding down and enjoying the slower pace of life in the mountains. At the end of the day, turn off your alarms and sink into the gorgeous beds and let the sounds of nature lull you to sleep.
Tumnus Ridge is exceptionally pet-friendly and ready for your furry companion. The entire wrap-around porch is safely gated and there is a large, completely fenced-in dog garden with trees for shade and flowering shrubs for everyone to enjoy. The deer come right up to the fence to say hi without worry of your furry friend getting out. Your pet can relax in the dog bed by the fire and have their own space in the crate in the master bedroom.
Should you need to check in with work, the home has two dedicated workstations/desks that adults or kids can log in from. It has a treadmill and yoga area in the screened-in gym, just off the master bedroom, if you’re wanting to spend some time staying fit.
Tumnus Ridge is unique in having its own Tesla charger installed on the edge of the deck, next to the driveway. This modern touch brings peace of mind that your vehicle is ready for you getting out and exploring the area. It’s one of the only places in the area that has its own charger in the home and means the Blue Ridge Mountains become a carefree drive north from Atlanta.
Looking for amazing spots nearby? Tumnus Ridge is close to a put-in for the Toccoa River where there’s tubing and kayaking for all levels. Local hiking trails in the Chattahoochee National Forest, are as close as a 5-minute drive away. The fully paved drive to Blue Ridge is a scenic 15-minute trip through gorgeous rolling hills and mountain views.
If you're looking for a peaceful and beautiful place to stay, book Tumnus Ridge today!Amenities
- Unlimited WiFi
- Cabin sleeps 7 (1 king, 1 queen, XL twin over queen bunk bed)
- Outdoor - covered front porch, glider, side table; main level covered deck, patio table seats 4, chair, gas grill; main level screened deck, treadmill, yoga mat; main level back deck, hot tub seats 5, patio table seats 5; main level screened outdoor living room, stacked stone wood burning fireplace, patio furniture seats 4, 2 rockers, coffee table, side tables, ceiling fan; waterfall feature, fire pit with large stones for seating, fenced-in dog-friendly garden, hammock
- Interior - natural wood, warm drywall finishes, ceiling fans
- Kitchen – fully equipped main level kitchen, stainless steel appliances, oven, wood cabinets, granite countertops, breakfast bar seats 2, kitchen utensils, microwave, blender, Keurig, Ninja coffee maker
- Dining Room - dining table seats 6 (leaf available in the master closet), breakfast bar seats 2
- Media - Dish network, Smart TV streaming entertainment (sign-in to your subscription channels), ROKU with capability to listen to device on headphones, local telephone
- Family Room - leather couch, leather love seat, 2 chairs, stone gas fireplace, 50” Smart TV, side tables, coffee table, lamps, rug, ceiling fan
- Loft - sectional sofa, foot rest, 48” Smart TV, side tables, lamps, desk, board games, laser tag, large format Jenga, telescope, office chair, carpeted, ceiling fan
- Bedrooms - main level master bedroom, king bed, dresser, night stands, lamps, rug, ceiling fan, deck access; upstairs bedroom, queen bed, dresser, night stands, lamps, desk, office chair, carpeted, ceiling fan; second upstairs bedroom, XL twin over queen bunks, dresser, night stand, lamps, carpeted, ceiling fan
- Bathrooms - main level master bath, jetted tub, walk-in shower, granite top double vanity; upstairs bath, walk-in shower, granite top double vanity; main level half bath, granite top single vanity
- Pet Friendly - up to 2 well behaved dogs with prior management approval, large dog crate in master closet, large dog bed
- Laundry - washer and dryer on main level
- Central HVAC
- Drive to Cabin - paved roads to cabin, paved driveway, Tesla Electric Vehicle Charger on property
- Cabins nearby are Suite Dreams, Paradise Ridge and Almost Everest