Nestled on a secluded hillside surrounded by wild azaleas and tall pines, the North Georgia cabin rental Woodentops is the perfect retreat from the hustle and bustle of your everyday hectic life. Located in Mineral Bluff, just 15 minutes from the shops and restaurants of downtown Blue Ridge, and with an easy walk to the community picnic area, gazebo and fishing on the Toccoa River, this charming real-log cabin is the ideal family vacation destination. The name Woodentops isn’t a reference to the swaying pine trees or pine-wood walls and floors, but instead is the name of a 1950’s British children’s television series, a childhood favorite of the owners.
With room for eight guests in three bedrooms, the accommodations are spacious, comfortable and inviting. The living room, with its reclining leather sofa, wood burning fireplace, and 40” flat screen TV, is the hub of the cabin, a place to gather and relax. The adjacent kitchen, outfitted with pine cabinetry, laminate countertops, electric oven/stove, a refrigerator with icemaker and under-cabinet lighting, is fully equipped with everything you need to prepare your meals, while the dining table expands to seat 10 so that everyone can eat together.
The main floor master bedroom, with king bed, has an en-suite bathroom with tub/shower and vanity, and separate access to the screened-in porch with a quiet seating area. Above the living area is a cozy loft bedroom with king bed and eclectic furnishings. Downstairs there is a bedroom with two twin bunk beds that your kids will love, as well as a games room. Like the rest of the cabin, the bedrooms are bright and airy, cooled by ceiling fans and decorated in a pleasing blend of modern and rustic style with a “Gone Fishing” décor theme.
If you prefer to be outside there’s also plenty of seating on the large wraparound deck, and you can fire up the charcoal grill for your favorite barbecue feast. You can breathe in fresh mountain air while relaxing with a glass of wine in a rocking chair or soaking in the soothing bubbles of the walk-in hot tub. Or settle into an Adirondack chair and pop open a bag of marshmallows to toast over the fire pit.
There are lots of entertainment options at the cabin, too: the game room offers a 60” flat screen TV with Playstation console and two controllers, and a selection of DVD’s and board games. Both TVs in the cabin are equipped with Dish Network and can access streaming services such as Netflix. Of course, you’ll also want to explore the numerous outdoor activities the surrounding area has to offer, everything from hiking, biking, golf, orchards and wineries, horse-back riding and fishing, to antique hunting and browsing local art galleries.
Other amenities include WiFi, washer/dryer and room for cars in the gravel driveway. But the best thing about Woodentops is the peaceful, relaxed, refreshed way you’ll feel when you’re there, having fun with your family and friends (even the canine ones—you’re welcome to bring two small dogs). It’s the kind of magical place where memories are made, and yours will last a lifetime.Amenities
- Unlimited WiFi
- Cabin sleeps 8 (2 kings, 2 twin bunk beds)
- Game Room - 60” flat screen TV, Playstation, board games, selection of DVDs, sofa, ottoman
- Outdoor - front covered porch, with rocker chairs; side deck with picnic table (seats 6) and walk-in hot tub (seats 6); screened in back porch with quiet sitting area and ceiling fans; firepit area with 6 Adirondack chairs and charcoal grill (bring your charcoal); easy access to community area on the banks of the Toccoa River, with gazebo and picnic area with charcoal grill
- Interior - log walls, wood tongue and groove, ceiling fans
- Kitchen - fully equipped main level kitchen, black appliances, pine cabinets, kitchen utensils, microwave, coffee maker Dining Room - table seats 10
- Media - Dish Network, local telephone
- Family Room - reclining leather sofa and chair, stacked stone wood-burning fireplace, 40” flat screen TV, ottomans, lamp, rug
- Loft - king bed, night stands, lamps, rug, chest, bookshelf
- Bedrooms - main level bedroom, king bed, sofa, night stands, lamps, ceiling fan, rug, access to main level porch; downstairs bedroom, 2 twin bunk beds, rug Bathrooms - main level bathroom, tub/shower combo, vanity; master en-suite bathroom, tub/shower combo, vanity
- Pet friendly - up to 2 well behaved dogs with prior management approval
- Laundry - washer and dryer on main level
- Central HVAC
- Driveway - gravel driveway with ample parking