Perched on a mountaintop more than 3,000 feet above the trees with dramatic, sweeping long-range mountain vistas in the distance, An Owl’s Perch is like a magnificent picture postcard come to life. Located about 15 minutes from Lake Blue Ridge, home to the only commercial marina with pontoon and paddle boat rentals on the lake, it’s a calm oasis far removed from stressful city life, but just a short drive away from the shops and dining of downtown Blue Ridge.
The western-facing view from the cabin offers you magical sunrises, revealing the mountains as the fog lifts across the lake, and spectacular panoramic sunsets views that will take your breath away.
With hiking and mountain biking trails--you may see a deer or two—and state parks nearby, and canoeing, kayaking and fishing on the Toccoa River, the cabin is ideally situated to take advantage of everything that North Georgia and its environs have to offer.
Inside the cabin, large exposed beams, soaring vaulted ceilings, natural woods, gas stone fireplaces, soothing neutral colors, and tasteful contemporary decor blend harmoniously to create an atmosphere that is rustic yet refined. The open floor plan design makes it perfect for gathering and entertaining, but there are plenty of spots to relax enjoy private, quieter moments as well.
There are two spacious, comfortable living areas: the main floor has French doors and huge windows to bring the outside in, and the lower level space doubles as a game room, outfitted with foosball and ping pong tables, puzzles, board games, TV with DVDs, and a PlayStation with games. The main floor kitchen features wood cabinets, new stainless appliances, granite countertops, drip and Keurig coffeemakers, a blender, crockpot and all the dishes, pots and pans, utensils and implements you need to prepare, cook and serve. Plastic dishes are available for children and outdoor use. The dining table has room for ten, plus two at the breakfast bar.
If you love to barbecue, you can fire up the gas grill and dine out on the decks, where there’s plenty of seating, two picnic tables, a glider, a fire pit and a seven-seat hot tub. String lights hung above the hot tub set the mood as you soak and take in the mountain view.
The cabin can easily accommodate big families and groups, sleeping 10 guests in four bedrooms. On the main level, the master bedroom features a king bed, French doors to the deck, a large walk-in closet, and private bath with shower, tile floor, double sinks, and a washer/dryer. There are two bedrooms upstairs, one with a queen bed and two spacious closets, the other with a queen and bunk beds. They share a bath with tub and shower. The downstairs bedroom has a king bed, large closet, deck access and full bath with tub and shower.
As for media, Owl’s Perch has it all: WiFi, four TV’s - a 65” Roku and DISH Network-equipped set in the main living room and a 55” TV with Roku, DISH, and DVD downstairs, a 48” TV with Roku in the downstairs bedroom, and a 46” set with DVD player in the bunk bedroom.
There’s a selection of toys, blocks, games, a pack n’ play, and movies for younger kids. The road to the cabin is paved, leading to a roomy gravel driveway. You’re welcome to bring up to two dogs with you as you relax, recharge, and enjoy a memorable stay at this cabin above the clouds.Amenities
- Unlimited WiFi
- Cabin sleeps 10 (2 kings, 2 queen, twin bunk beds)
- Game Room - foosball table, ping pong table, 55” flat screen TV with Roku, DVD player, Playstation, board games, puzzles, sofa, chair with ottoman, coffee table, side table, 2 bean bags, stone gas fireplace, lamp, table with 4 chairs and bench
- Outdoor - covered front porch, table, 4 chairs, rocker; main level deck, dining table seats 6, 2 chairs, gas grill; lower deck, dining table seats 6, 2 chairs, sofa, fire table, glider, ceiling fan, hot tub seats 7; fire pit
- Interior - wood tongue and groove, warm drywall finishes, ceiling fans
- Kitchen - fully equipped main level kitchen, stainless steel appliances, custom cabinets, granite countertops, breakfast bar seats 2, kitchen utensils, microwave, blender, toaster, crockpot, coffeemaker, Keurig
- Dining Room - dining table seats 10
- Media - Dish network
- Family Room - sectional sofa, 65” flat screen TV with Roku, bluetooth speaker, stone gas fireplace, leather chair, coffee table, side table, lamps, rug, ceiling fan
- Bedrooms - main level master bedroom, king bed, night stands, lamps, dresser, chair, ceiling fan, walk-in closet; upstairs bedroom, queen bed, twin bunk beds, 46” flat screen TV, dresser, night stand, lamp, ceiling fan; second upstairs bedroom, queen, dresser, bench, ceiling fan; downstairs bedroom, king bed, 48” flat screen TV with DVD player, night stands, lamps, dresser
- Bathrooms - main level master bath, walk-in shower, double vanity; main level half bath; upstairs bath, tub/shower combo, vanity; downstairs bath, tub/shower combo, vanity
- Pet friendly - up to 2 well behaved dogs with prior management approval
- Child Amenities - pack n’ play, blocks, toys, games
- Laundry - washer and dryer main level master bathroom
- Central HVAC
- Driveway - paved roads to cabin, gravel driveway