Have you been longing for a place that is inviting, remote, and carefree? We have found the perfect escape for you! The adventure begins even before you get to Castaway as you meander over the covered bridge. And there it sits: Castaway is the ideal retreat situated alongside a rushing creek. The name of this cabin perfectly epitomizes its theme - a perfect place to get away from your troubles and cares and enjoy all that nature has to offer.
You’re going to love the theming of this cabin - it’s all about fly-fishing in the incredible north Georgia mountains. Some fly-fishing plates in the dining room from the Netherlands depict a time from the late 1700s. Extremely unique. And there are six fly-fishing art pieces in the cabin that are so fascinating to view.
As you walk in, you’ll be taken away by the beautiful living areas. Custom Amish furniture can be found throughout the home, with warm, inviting touches everywhere. Take a seat on the leather couch in front of the fireplace with a cup of tea and soak in all the joys of being away from it all. Make a meal in the fully-equipped kitchen.
The outdoor amenities at the cabin are immaculate and built for your relaxation. The large screened-in porch, including a plethora of seating, is a perfect spot to curl up with a good book and a cup of coffee. Another deck area adjacent to the screened porch has a gas grill and a covered picnic table. The lower patio has a six-seater hot tub, foosball table, benches, and much more. Grab a marshmallow roasting stick and head out to the firepit where the whole family can relax in Adirondack chairs. Enjoy the views and serenity from the wooden swing near the waters' edge. No expense was spared in making this the perfect home away from home.
Need some more gaming action after foosball outside? The game room (separate from the main house) is an absolute dream for families wanting to get their game on and make some fun memories. Enjoy a custom wet bar with a copper sink (simply beautiful), a shuffleboard table, a pub/card table, and a full bar area.
When you’re ready for bed and for some rest, the bedrooms are equipped with custom furnishings as well. Like the living areas, the majority is custom Amish craftsmanship. The bathrooms are beautiful - with unique leathered, raw-edge countertops, pebbled showers, and much more.
The cabin is also near some beautiful spots that you can explore. Discover the Aska trails nearby, the towns of Ellijay and Blue Ridge, and much more. The owners love the R&A orchards - they have the world’s greatest fried pies. Mercier Orchards is nearby as well for great fruit, wine, and more!
So, if you are looking for a place to get away, whether with family or friends, this is the perfect place for you to get away and become a Castaway to the North Georgia Mountains. Leave your worries behind and book now! Amenities
- Unlimited WiFi
- Cabin sleeps 8 (king, 2 queens, twin over full bunk bed)
- Game Room - shuffleboard, pub table seats 4, 65” Smart TV, soundbar, Blu-ray DVD player, board games, cards, poker chips, futon, side tables, coffee table, rug, dehumidifier, tower fan, custom copper sink wet bar, beverage refrigerator, ice maker, drink rail seats 3, bar
- Outdoor - covered front porch; covered game room porch, lounging chairs; main level covered screened porch, rocking chairs, futon, bench, coffee table, end table, rug, ceiling fan; main level covered back deck, picnic table, gas grill; lower patio, hot tub seats 6, foosball table, cornhole, game container with large Jenga, pickleball paddles, football, Velcro ball, paddles, benches, porch swing, side tables, ceiling fans; fire pit, 6 Adirondack chairs, wooden swing
- Interior - groove wood design, ceiling fans
- Kitchen - fully equipped main level kitchen, stainless steel appliances, oven, custom cabinets, granite countertops, breakfast bar seats 4, kitchen utensils, microwave, crockpot, blender, toaster, coffeemaker, Keurig
- Dining Room - dining table seats 6, breakfast bar seats 4
- Media - Dish network, Smart TV streaming entertainment (sign-in to your subscription channels), local telephone
- Family Room - leather sofa with 2 manual recliners, lounging chair, ottoman, rocking chair, stone gas fireplace, 45” Smart TV, Blu-ray DVD, coffee table, side tables, lamps, ceiling fan, dehumidifier, rug
- Bedroom - upstairs open loft master bedroom, king bed, dresser, night stands, lamps, bench, rug, ceiling fan, desk, desk chair; main level bedroom, queen bed, dresser, night stands, lamps, ceiling fan, rug; second main level bedroom, twin over full bunk bed, 27” flatscreen TV, dresser, night stand, lamp, tower fan, rug; game room loft bedroom, queen bed, dresser, night stands, lamps, rocker, tower fan, rug
- Bathroom - main level master bath, walk-in shower, granite top vanity; main level bath, walk-in shower, granite top vanity; game room upstairs bath, walk-in shower, granite top vanity
- Laundry – stackable full size washer and dryer on main level
- Central HVAC
- Drive to Cabin - partially paved road to cabin, gravel driveway