When the pressure and stresses of daily life remind you how much you need a vacation, a stay at Deer Haven Hideaway may be exactly what you need. At this magnificent mountain oasis, it’s all about relaxation, with an ambiance that encourages you to exhale, unwind, and de-stress while enjoying time with family and friends.
Located on a mountaintop in Morganton, GA, and named for the deer you’re likely to see nearby, the custom-built, beautifully designed and decorated cabin has wraparound decks that showcase long-range mountain views from sunrise to sunset. Just five miles from downtown Blue Ridge, it’s also perfectly situated for sports lovers.
Golfers are just 10-15 minutes from beautiful Old Toccoa Farm
- available for affordable daily-fee play and practice.
For water sports lovers: fish or float down the Toccoa River, enjoy the Morganton Recreational Area and Beach on Lake Blue Ridge, or rent a boat at the Marina...all within a 10-minute drive. Or just about 20 minutes away from the house await two other great fishing/boating options. Lake Hiwassee over in Murphy, NC and Lake Nottely in Blairsville. Note to fisherfolk: rods and reels are provided, and there’s a fish cleaning station with water hose near the cabin’s driveway.
But you don’t have to leave the property to enjoy nature and the outdoors. The main level has nearly 1,400 square feet of covered living space, with large rocking chairs and a barn wood church pew out front. On the side porch, you’ll find Adirondack chairs, a gas grill, a six-seat dining table, and plenty of room to place the provided mats, blocks and weights as you enjoy a yoga session while taking in the mountain view below. The rear porch is a fully screened-in arrangement of three unique, spacious seating areas, with plenty of comfortable furniture, a water feature and picture-postcard vistas.
Inside, the cabin is traditional and rustic, a warm and inviting mix of fine, custom-finished woods and soothing colors. Built and occupied by its first owner, it was not rented until now, and it’s in pristine condition. The living room features new, oversized leather seating, three custom-built tables made from local wood, and a custom wood-burning fireplace stretching from floor to vaulted ceiling. It’s outfitted with a fire insert for quick starting and long-lasting warmth in winter. Settle in and watch the game or a movie on the 55” smart TV, which has full streaming options, a DVD player, and a state-of-the-art soundbar.
The newly updated kitchen features granite countertops, stone backsplashes, black appliances including an electric stove and oven, a refrigerator with icemaker, a crockpot, and a drip coffeemaker. But you’ll find a lot more than the basics—there’s also a waffle iron, countertop toaster oven, blender, and food processor. The unique dining table, made of rustic mountain materials, seats six, and there’s room for two at the breakfast bar.
The carpeted lower level has been turned into a cozy pub, with a custom-built full bar and mirrored back-bar made of exotic tiger wood and vintage branded beer trays on the wall. It’s outfitted with plenty of beer and wine glasses and seats four comfortably for enjoying a meal while watching the game.
There’s a fridge to hold cold beverages, two rocker-reclining chairs, a large sectional and a 42” smart TV with Dish, DVD player and many popular DVDs to choose from. The carpeted floor makes for a soft, soothing Yoga session, using any of the mats, blocks and weights provided in the pub area.
The idea is to relax and nowhere can guests better relax is just outside either set of French Doors leading to the 50’ wide covered patio, where a new hot tub awaits – all looking out into the forest below.
Deer Haven Hideaway has three comfortable bedrooms, one per floor and featuring hand-carved queen beds, and luxurious bedding designed to create a cozy, warm, and inviting setting. Each has access to the covered decks through French Doors. The upstairs master has a sizable and carpeted private balcony, coffee table and Adirondack chairs, providing a perfect place to relax with a sun-setting cocktail or a sunrise cup of coffee. There’s an adjacent open office loft with a desk, a coffee table and chairs – all pointed towards a massive window that lets in natural light and showcases the amazing long-range mountain view. The beautiful leather sofa opens to a queen-sized bed if more beds are needed. There are also large couches on the main and lower levels that can accommodate guests.
The three full bathrooms, one on each level, feature granite or stone countertops and upgraded pine cabinetry with ample storage below. The upstairs master bath has a jetted tub, shower, double vanities, and separate water closet with privacy door. Constructed of the same materials as the master bath, the other bathrooms have tub/shower combo, and on the main floor, a washer/dryer.
The cabin’s other amenities include WiFi, ceiling fans throughout, a gravel driveway, and a fire pit with seating for 10-12. But its best attribute is intangible: the peaceful, serene and relaxing feeling you’ll feel from the moment you arrive, one that you’ll remember long after you leave.Amenities
- Unlimited WiFi
- Cabin sleeps 8 (3 queens, queen sleeper sofa)
- Game Room - custom built bar seats 4, refrigerator, stools, 2 recliners, sectional sofa, coffee table, 42” smart TV with full streaming, ottoman, ceiling fan, patio access
- Outdoor - wrap around front porch, church pew, rockers; covered side deck, gas grill, Adirondack chairs, dining table seats 6; screened-in main level deck, wicker sofa, ottoman, chairs, coffee table, side tables, ceiling fans; private balcony off master, coffee table, 2 Adirondack chairs; lower patio, 2 chaise lounge chairs, hot tub seats 5; fire pit, benches; fish cleaning station with water hose near driveway
- Interior - wood tongue and groove, warm drywall finishes, ceiling fans
- Kitchen - fully equipped main level kitchen, black appliances, custom cabinets, granite countertops, breakfast bar seats 2, kitchen utensils, microwave, waffle iron, toaster over, blender, food processor, crockpot, coffeemaker
- Dining Room - dining table seats 6
- Media - Dish, local telephone
- Family Room - leather sofa, leather chair, coffee table, 55” smart TV with full streaming, DVD player, soundbar, stone wood burning fireplace, side table, lamp, rug, ceiling fan
- Loft - leather queen sleeper sofa, coffee table, rug, desk and chair, ceiling fan
- Bedrooms - upstairs master, queen bed, night stands, lamps, dresser, rug, ceiling fan, balcony access 2 Adirondack chairs, coffee table; main level bedroom, queen bed, dresser, night stands, lamps, rocker, chair, rug, ceiling fan, deck access; downstairs bedroom, queen bed, dresser, night stands, lamps, ceiling fan, patio access
- Bathrooms - upstairs master bath, jetted tub, stand up shower, granite double vanity; main level bath, tub/shower combo, granite vanity, laundry; downstairs bath, tub/shower combo, stone vanity
- Laundry - washer and dryer main level bathroom
- Central HVAC with upper and lower floor units
- Driveway - gravel driveway