Many mountain cabins have a great location, a spectacular view, and all the amenities on your wish list, but not all of them can accommodate large families or groups of friends. Eagle’s Pride not only checks all the most desirable boxes, it can accommodate 10 guests in its three spacious bedrooms and loft.
Located on a mountainside in Morganton, this magnificent tri-level mountain home has breathtaking long-range mountain vistas, beautiful sunsets and a peaceful, private, relaxing vibe, yet it’s just 15 minutes to the shops and restaurants of downtown Blue Ridge. The hiking trails of the Aska Adventure area and the popular Swan drive-in are a short drive away.
Named after the favorite bird of the owner’s son and husband, the cabin is “majestic and beautiful, just like our home,” she says. “We take great pride in our home, keeping it well-maintained and sharing it with other families.”
It’s clear that great care has gone into furnishing and decorating the all-pine home, with both beauty and comfort in mind. The open-plan main level features vaulted ceilings, a wood burning stone fireplace, comfortable leather sofas and a 55” TV.
The kitchen, with its custom cabinetry, state-of-the art stainless steel appliances, chef’s island with gas cooktop has everything you need to cook for a crowd, plus extras like crockpots, air fryer, icemaker, coffee maker and Keurig. The dining table seats eight and the kitchen table seats four, plus two stools at the island.
The lower level game/media room is designed for family fun, well-equipped with an arcade game with 400 games, billiards, hockey, chess, checkers and other board games, a gas fireplace, wet bar, and a home theater area, complete with leather recliners and a 70” TV with DVD, DirecTV and surround sound.
But why stay inside when you can take in the mountain air out on the decks? Grill up an alfresco feast, turn on the gas fireplace in the screened-in porch, or settle into a couch, rocker, swing or the six-seat hot tub to relax and take in the view. There’s a fire pit in the backyard for your marshmallow-roasting and s’mores-making pleasure.
When it’s time to turn in, you’ll slumber in comfort in your choice of three comfortable bedrooms and a sleeping loft, which kids will love. Along with two full-size beds, it has a fireplace and a play area with beanbags, and a tent. The master suite on the upper level features a king bed, private balcony and its own bath with Jacuzzi tub, walk-in tiled shower, and double vanity. There are two bedrooms downstairs that share a bath with tub/shower, one with a king bed and the other with a queen bed and deck access. All bedrooms have hand-carved log furniture, ceiling fans and 43” smart TVs.
Other amenities at Eagles Pride include high speed WiFi, a washer and dryer downstairs and a half bath on the main level. Both the road to the cabin and the circular driveway are paved. Dogs are welcome (a large crate is available).
If you seek fun, relaxation and family bonding time in a stunningly beautiful setting, Eagles Pride is the answer to your vacation prayers.Amenities
- Unlimited WiFi
- Cabin sleeps 10 (2 kings, queen, 2 full)
- Game Room - billiards, full size arcade game with 400 games, hockey game, chess and checkers game table, wet bar with mini frig, 2 stools, stone gas fireplace, bench, board games, deck access; media room, leather recliner sofa with drink holders, leather recliner, 70” smart TV with DVD player, surround sound, ceiling fan
- Outdoor - main level deck screened in porch, stone gas fireplace, dining table seats 6, rug; main level deck, swing, picnic table seats 6, gas grill; private master deck, 2 rocking chairs; lower deck, 2 rockers, glider, bench, hot tub seats 6; fire pit, 4 Adirondack chairs, bench
- Interior - wood tongue and groove, ceiling fans
- Kitchen - fully equipped main level kitchen, stainless steel appliances, custom cabinets, island gas cooktop, kitchen table seats 4, island seats 2, kitchen utensils, microwave, crockpots, air fryer, toaster, coffeemaker, Keurig
- Dining Room - dining table seats 8; kitchen island seats 2
- Media - DirecTV, local telephone
- Family Room - 2 leather sofas, ottoman, stone wood burning fireplace, 55” smart TV with Bose sound bar, DVD player, side table, lamp, rug, ceiling fan
- Loft - 2 full beds, stone gas fireplace, lamp, ceiling fan; second loft, bean bags, children’s tent
- Bedrooms - upstairs master bedroom, king bed, 43” smart TV, night stands, lamps, bench, ceiling fan, private balcony, 2 rocking chairs; downstairs bedroom, king bed, 43” smart TV, dresser, night stands, lamps, ceiling fan; second downstairs bedroom, queen bed, 43” smart TV, dresser, night stands, lamps, chair, rug, ceiling fan, deck access
- Bathrooms - main level half bath; upstairs master bath, Jacuzzi tub, walk-in shower, double vanities; downstairs bath, tub/shower combo, vanity
- Pet friendly - up to 2 well behaved dogs with prior management approval, large dog crate
- Laundry - washer and dryer downstairs
- Central HVAC
- Driveway - paved roads to cabin, paved circular driveway