If your dream mountain vacation has the luxury, privacy and high-end amenities of an exclusive resort, but none of the crowds, lines, and noise, you’ll find it and much more at Falcon’s Lair. Boasting phenomenal 180-degree long-range multilayered mountain views stretching from Georgia to North Carolina and Tennessee, with cathedral ceilings and enormous windows to frame them, this tri-level showplace truly has the wow factor.
High on a mountain just eight miles to the restaurants and shopping of downtown Blue Ridge, the cabin overlooks the Toccoa River, a popular destination for rafting and tubing. The Blue Ridge Railway passes through the valley below, and you can hear the train’s whistle as you slow down, unwind, and shed the stresses of daily life at this fabulous retreat.
Constructed of fine woods, live edge siding and natural stone in a contemporary rustic style, the professionally decorated cabin is both architecturally stunning and homey, with a warm, welcoming ambiance that will make you feel instantly at ease. On the main level, the beautifully furnished living area is dominated by a soaring 25-foot wall of windows overlooking the deck and a stone gas fireplace stretching to the ceiling. The 65” ultra-high definition TV is equipped with Blu-ray and DVD player and soundbar. For lovers of retro tech, there’s a Victrola replica turntable in the loft above, with a vinyl collection to go with it.
Adjacent the living room, the open kitchen is a cook’s dream, with solid wood cabinets, granite countertops, stainless KitchenAid appliances including a gas cooktop and oven, refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, an icemaker, mixer, blender, drip coffeemaker, crockpot, toaster and all cookware and serving implements you need. There’s room for six at the dining table plus four at the breakfast bar. Or you can fire up the gas grill and dine outside as you take in the view from the deck, enjoying a spectacular sunset. You’ll also find plenty of comfortable seating areas, two stone wood-burning fireplaces, a 65” TV, a seven-seat hot tub, and a fire pit to gather around.
For indoor fun, head downstairs to play billiards, cards, board games, cornhole or watch sports or movies on the 55” TV in the game room. It’s outfitted with a stone gas fireplace, wet bar with wine fridge and icemaker, and a whimsical rug and pub sign, adding to the playful atmosphere.
At bedtime, you’ll slumber in comfort in one of three master suites, one per level, that feature king beds, luxurious bedding, large walk-in closets, 43” TVs and deck access. The main level bedroom has a fireplace and a spa-like private bath with garden tub, shower, double showerheads and seat. All three en suite baths have granite counters, vessel sinks, toilets and showers. A tankless water system provides hot water instantly to the cabin’s five bathrooms, which include two powder rooms. Queen sleeper sofas in the loft and game room bring the sleeping accommodations to ten.
Among the other notable features and amenities at Falcon’s Lair are WiFi, cable TV, a laundry room, ceiling fans throughout, and a pet-friendly policy. You’re welcome to bring up to two small dogs with you as you relax, recharge and enjoy special moments with family and friends on your one-of-a-kind mountain vacation.Amenities
- Unlimited WiFi
- Cabin sleeps 10 (3 kings, 2 queen sleeper sofas)
- Game Room - regulation billiards table, 55” flat screen HDTV, game table, stone gas fireplace, corn hole, board games, cards, queen sleeper sofa, 2 swivel chairs, full wet bar with granite top, wine frig, ice maker, solid wood bar top with 4 bar stools, rug, ceiling fan
- Outdoor - covered front porch; covered main level deck, 2 stone wood-burning fireplaces, 65” flat screen HDTV, large wicker sectional sofa, coffee table, 2 rockers, dining table seats 6, gas grill; lower deck, hot tub seats 7, sofa, 2 chairs, coffee table; fire pit, seating for 4
- Interior - wood tongue and groove, ceiling fans
- Kitchen - fully equipped main level kitchen, stainless steel appliances, custom cabinets, granite countertops, breakfast bar seats 4, kitchen utensils, microwave, blender, toaster, crockpot, mixer, coffeemaker
- Dining Room - dining table seats 6
- Media - cable, all smart TVs with access to Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney+, Pandora, YouTube; local telephone
- Family Room - tufted large sofa, 65” flat screen ultra HDTV with Blu-ray player and sound bar, stone to ceiling gas fireplace, leather club chair, 2 nubuck contemporary chairs, coffee table, 25’ wall of windows, side table, lamp, rug, ceiling fan
- Loft - queen sleeper sofa, chairs, additional sofa, Victrola turntable, side table, lamp, rug, ceiling fan, desk
- Bedrooms - main level master suite, king bed, 43” flat screen HDTV, corner stone gas fireplace, leather chair, night stands, lamps, dresser, rug, ceiling fan, walk-in closet, outdoor seating area; upstairs master suite, king bed, 43” flat screen HDTV, dresser, chair, night stands, lamps, rug, ceiling fan, walk-in closet, outdoor seating area; downstairs master suite, king bed, 43” flat screen HDTV, night stands, lamps, dresser, chair, rug, ceiling fan, walk-in closet, outdoor seating area
- Bathrooms - main level master bath, garden tub, walk-in shower with 2 shower heads and seat, granite top double vanity with vessel sinks; main level and downstairs half baths with granite top vanity and bronze vessel sink; upstairs bath walk-in shower, granite top double vanity with vessel sinks; downstairs bath, walk-in shower, granite top vanity with vessel sink; tankless water heater
- Pet friendly - up to 2 well behaved dogs with prior management approval
- Laundry - washer and dryer downstairs
- Central HVAC
- Driveway - gravel driveway