If the stress and hustle and bustle of daily life in the city has you yearning for peace, quiet and the beauty of nature, it’s time to escape to the Blue Ridge mountains, and Getaway is the perfect place to do it. On a hillside surrounded by towering trees, this tri-level cabin offers you the ultimate in privacy and relaxation, with a world of fun activities and adventure just a short drive away. You can walk down and hike back the half mile to the Toccoa River, and it’s four miles to tubing and whitewater rafting, five miles to Mercier Orchards, seven miles to downtown Blue Ridge and three miles to Copperhill and McCaysville.
Inside, the log-sided cabin has a warm, cozy ambiance and reflects its natural setting with rich woods, and wildlife-themed décor, including two mounted bucks, Texas longhorns, and a mythical creature, the jackalope. The main level living room, dominated by a woodburning stone fireplace that soars to the top of the vaulted ceiling, is the perfect place to gather with family and friends. The adjacent kitchen, featuring updated appliances including a glass top electric stove/oven, refrigerator with icemaker, a Cuisinart coffeemaker and a granite-topped island, provides everything you need to prepare and serve meals. There’s seating for eight at the dining table, plus two at the island.
If you love to barbecue, there’s a gas grill on the main level covered porch, along with a picnic table and six teak rockers. And if you like to soak your tired muscles at the end of the day, you can relax in the hot tub while taking in the wooded view. Be sure to bring marshmallows: a fire pit with four benches awaits in the backyard.
For indoor fun, the game room is outfitted with a billiards table, foosball, board games and a cable-equipped 50” smart 4K TV with Blu-ray player. There’s a 43” smart 4K TV in the family room, and TVs in the bedrooms as well: a 39” smart TV in the master, and 39” and 32” sets on the main and lower floors.
Six guests can slumber in comfort in the three spacious bedrooms, one on each level. The upper level master bedroom features a king bed, deck access, and a private bath with walk-in shower. The main level master bedroom has a king bed, and private bath with tub/shower and double vanities. And on the lower level, the bedroom has a queen bed and separate bath with tub/shower. A half bath on the main floor contains a washer/dryer for your laundry needs, and the cabin also provides WiFi, and room for your canine best friends to run and play. Dogs are welcome!
Whether you’re looking for the ideal family vacation or a romantic spot to enjoy with your significant other, Getaway can add a little mountain magic to your life. Multiple couples have gotten engaged there and return on their anniversaries. Book a stay and create wonderful memories of your own.Amenities
- Unlimited WiFi
- Cabin sleeps 6 (2 kings, queen)
- Game Room - billiards, foosball, board games, sofa, coffee table, 50” smart 4K TV with Blu-ray player, high back stools, side tables, mini-frig, patio access
- Outdoor - covered main level deck, gas grill, 6 teak rockers, picnic table seats 8; private balcony off master, end table, 2 teak rockers; lower patio, 2 lounge chairs, hot tub seats 6; fire pit, benches
- Interior - wood tongue and groove, ceiling fans
- Kitchen - fully equipped main level kitchen, black appliances, custom cabinets, granite kitchen island seats 2, kitchen utensils, microwave, 4 slice toaster, Cuisinart coffeemaker
- Dining Room - dining table seats 8
- Media - cable, local telephone
- Family Room - sofa, rocking recliner, coffee table, 43” smart 4K TV with full streaming, Blu-ray player, stone wood burning fireplace, side table, lamp, rug, ceiling fan
- Bedrooms - upstairs master, king bed, 39” smart TV, night stands, lamps, dresser, chair, ceiling fan, balcony access with 2 teak rocking chairs, end table; main level master, king bed, 39” flat screen TV, dresser, night stands, lamps, rocker, chair, ceiling fan; downstairs bedroom, queen bed, 32” flat screen TV, dresser, night stands, lamps
- Bathrooms - upstairs master bath, walk-in shower, vanity; main level master bath, tub/shower combo, double vanity; main level half bath with laundry; downstairs bath, tub/shower combo, vanity
- Pet Friendly - up to 2 well behaved dogs with prior management approval
- Laundry - washer and dryer main level half bath
- Central HVAC
- Driveway - paved road to cabin, gravel driveway
- Other cabin nearby is Vista Ridge