The paved, private road that climbs the Cohutta Wilderness hillside calls you home to the place you belong, "Mountain Mama." Within the serenity of the forest and the quiet solitude of the mountains, surrounded by the fragrance of roses and the light of the moonlight, Mountain Mama (previously known as "Moonlight and Roses") welcomes you.
Located within the Cohutta Wilderness area of the Chattahoochee National Forest, and minutes from downtown Blue Ridge, this serene mountain oasis allows you to take advantage of nearby activities. From trout fishing, horseback riding and hiking, to shopping, fine dining and numerous Blue Ridge festivals.
You can ride a scenic railway, hike to waterfalls, rent a boat at the marina on Lake Blue Ridge or explore Lake Conasauga, Georgia's highest man-made lake. And, for the adventurous, there's white water rafting just a short road trip away on the Ocoee River. For the less adventurous, spend the day enjoying Blue Ridge's many art galleries, wine tastings, local brewery tours, and local artisan crafts.
After a fun-filled day, you'll return to the open arms of Mountain Mama, where every season has something to offer: leaves turning in the fall, greenery and beautiful flowers in the spring, and the cool breezes in the summer. The log-sided cabin has a pine interior with vaulted ceilings, hardwood, travertine tile, and Berber carpet flooring, with ceiling fans throughout. The views from the family room, with its enormous A-Frame windows and open floor plan, are spectacular. Pour yourself a drink, light a fire in the fireplace, and watch TV on the 52” flat screen TV.
At mealtime, the airy, fully stocked modern kitchen, with solid oak cabinets, granite countertops, double sinks, full refrigerator (plus two additional beverage refrigerators,) has all the appliances you need. You can eat inside at the dining table that seats six, with an additional four seats at the kitchen island. Or enjoy eating outside, surrounded by nature's beauty, under a covered, cathedral ceiling front porch where a glass table top with cushioned, wicker chairs, a gas grill, rocking chairs, fire pit, and six-person hot tub are there for your enjoyment. There is a small, fenced-in side yard for your small pet as well.
The cabin also offers basketball and corn hole toss to be played on the paved, private cul-de-sac. There is a game room with billiards table, wireless Internet, and bedroom TVs for your entertainment pleasure, and free unlimited long distance telephone so you can stay in touch—and tell everyone what a great time you're having.
When night falls and it’s time for bed, Mountain Mama offers four luxurious bedrooms. Two of them master suites, and three with king sized, pillow top beds and spacious closets. The fourth bedroom, and Mountain Mama’s favorite, is the Bear Cub Cave bunk room. It has a twin over full bunk bed, perfect for the youngest members of your family. The upstairs master bedroom has a sleigh bed and sitting area, and in the main floor master, a sliding door gives access to the covered porch and hot tub. Both master baths have walk-in tiled showers, and there's a tub/shower in the lower level bathroom.
If this sounds like the perfect vacation getaway to you, come on home to the place you belong: Mountain Mama waits for you.Amenities
- Unlimited WiFi
- Sleeps 9 (3 kings, twin/full bunk beds)
- Game Room - regulation billiards table, stools, bench, gas fireplace
- Outdoor - main level covered deck, 2 rocking chairs, 2 Adirondack chairs, 2 chairs, outdoor dining table seats 6, gas grill, hot tub seats 6; gorgeous roses, fenced yard with fire pit and benches; corn hole toss game and basketball net and ball available in the laundry room for outside use
- Interior - wood tongue and groove, warm drywall finishes, ceiling fans
- Kitchen - fully equipped kitchen, stainless steel appliances, custom oak cabinets, granite countertops, 2 separate sinks and counter seats 4, 2 small refrigerators for wine and beverage cooler, large refrigerator, kitchen utensils, microwave, coffee maker, Keurig coffee maker, crock pot
- Dining Room - dining table seats 6
- Media - satellite, local phone
- Family Room - leather/cloth sofa with matching love seat, ottoman, stacked stone gas fireplace, 52" HD flat Screen TV, large windows to take in fabulous views, end tables, lamps, rug
- Bedrooms - upstairs master suite with wooden sleigh king bed with pillow top, 36" flat screen TV, sitting area, walk-in closet, dresser, night stand, lamp; main level master suite with king bed with pillow top, 24" TV, walk-in closet, dresser, night stand, lamp, large glass sliders to main deck; downstairs bedroom pillow top king bed, 32" TV with DVD player, night stand, lamp; second downstairs bedroom, twin on top of full bunk beds, drawers under lower bunk, floor lamp
- Bathrooms - upstairs master ensuite, walk-in tiled shower, vanity; main level bath, walk-in tiled shower, vanity; downstairs bath, tub/shower combo, vanity
- Pet Friendly - up to 2 well behaved dogs with prior management approval
- Laundry - washer and dryer downstairs with deep, large sink available for dog baths, rinsing bathing suits, etc
- Central HVAC
- Driveway - paved road to cabin, paved driveway, ample parking