Set on the very top of Leatherwood Mountain with breathtaking views that extend as far as the eye can see, including 5 mountain ranges, Leatherwood Lodge is your private vacation oasis with all the comforts of home located in Cherry Log, Georgia.
Rustic yet contemporary, with cathedral ceilings, huge windows and double decks that are perfectly positioned to give you an unobstructed view of the mountains, it's the kind of place where you can relax, unwind and see the sun set in a glowing red sky as red-tailed hawks soar overhead.
That spectacular view is yours from just about everywhere, from the comfortable leather recliners in the living room, from the hot tub, or a rocking chair on the covered deck, where you can throw a log on the wood-burning outdoor fireplace while you grill your dinner and enjoy it under the stars.
Inside, the cabin is handsomely furnished, with unique pieces from local antique stores—oil-brushed bronze fixtures and lighting, and ceiling fans in all rooms. The kitchen features custom cabinets, granite countertops, a breakfast bar, black appliances including dishwasher, electric stove, fridge, and microwave. The adjacent dining table seats six. There are two gas-burning fireplaces, one in the family room and one in the lower level game room.
Leatherwood Lodge, which was built in 2015, can accommodate six guests in its three bedrooms. The upstairs master bedroom offers a king; the main and lower level floors have queen beds. The three bathrooms have live edge, wood counters, and double vanities; the master bath is en suite, with a walk in, tiled shower, and the other two have tub and shower.
For entertainment, the Wi-Fi equipped cabin has four flat screen smart TVs with DirecTV, including a 50” TV with DVD in the living room, a 42” TV with DVD in the game room, a 40” TV on the deck and a 32” TV in the master bedroom. Pool, foosball, a game table with seating for four, and games provide lots of family fun. But you'll also want to explore the many activities that the Blue Ridge area has to offer.
Hiking enthusiasts can find many nearby trails, like the one at Amicalola Falls—Georgia's tallest waterfall and includes the southern terminus of the Appalachian Trail--or you can take a scenic ride on the popular Blue Ridge Railway. This cabin is perfectly situated directly in between the towns of Blue Ridge and Ellijay. It’s just a five-minute drive to downtown Blue Ridge, with its many shops and restaurants, including the top-rated Joe's BBQ, Harvest on Main for farm-to-table fare, Blue Ridge Brewery for burgers and beer and The Vine for wine lovers. If you drive in the opposite direction you are in the lovely historic town of Ellijay with it’s many antique shops, and delicious restaurants like River Street tavern (if you go make sure to look up!) or grab some fro-yo at Abby’s ice cream.
Leatherwood Lodge's other amenities include a fire pit, and basement laundry. But its most valuable asset is its incredible location, high above everything and worlds away from the stresses of daily life. For an unforgettable vacation, you couldn't ask for more.Amenities
- Unlimited WiFi
- Cabin sleeps 6 (king, 2 queens)
- Game Room - billiards, foosball table, table for cards and games, 42” flat screen smart TV with DVD player, stone gas fireplace, sofa, coffee table, board games, ceiling fan
- Outdoor - front covered porch; covered main level deck, 40” flat screen smart TV, stone wood burning fireplace, 2 chairs, loveseat, side table, gas grill, picnic table seats 6, 2 rockers, ceiling fans; lower deck, hot tub seats 6; fire pit, 2 Adirondack chairs and loveseat
- Interior - wood tongue and groove, ceiling fans
- Kitchen - fully equipped kitchen, black appliances, custom cabinets, granite countertops, breakfast bar seats 3, kitchen utensils, microwave, coffee maker
- Dining Room - table seats 6, breakfast bar seats 3
- Media - DirecTV, local telephone
- Family Room - leather sofa, leather chair and ottoman, rocking chair, 50” flat screen smart TV with DVD player, stone gas fireplace, coffee table, lamp, rug, ceiling fan
- Bedrooms - upstairs master suite, king bed, 32” flat screen smart TV, dresser, night stands, lamps, ceiling fan; main level bedroom, iron queen bed, night stands, lamps, ceiling fan; downstairs bedroom, queen bed, night stand, lamp, ceiling fan
- Bathrooms - upstairs master bath, walk-in shower, double vanity; main level bath, tub/shower combo, double vanity; downstairs bath, tub/shower combo, double vanity
- Laundry - washer and dryer downstairs
- Central HVAC
- Driveway - paved driveway